Would you use your own classy gents folder at a fancy restaurant?

Yep
I wouldn't whip out a knife at a fancy restaurant, Ive tried and my wife gives me the death stare...:(o_O

I did however get asked to leave a Wendy's one time by management because a lady by the name of Karren with a short "I wanna speak to a manager" haircut was deeply afraid and offended by a knife sheath hanging from my belt while I was eating a burger.

I was however naked at the time...

Yep. The 30-45 year old woman is the bane of knife enthusiasts and stand up comics. She is first in line to complain to the manager that she's scared of that knife/knife guy or offended by the comics material.

I love these. I want an entire set.

Or I might just do the Boker Burnley Steak Kwaiken thing. They're pretty neat too.

boker-steak-knife-2.jpg
Bradford Knives does sell a set of 6. Or they used to anyway. You can always email Mr. Larkin. He's a helluva nice guy.

I like the style of the Boker but I can't do made in China stuff.

I like many of the Böker stuff, too. Design-wise... The place of production is a gamble. As with most of the great brands, by the way.

I've had a few days to think about this, and I find there are a number of slants and nuances that might apply. For example, anything you take into a place of business will involve you, the service person, his boss, the owner, and customers near you. Think of the last time a rowdy gathering interrupted your dinner.

When my wife and I dine out we always pick the most remote, uneventful section of the establishment for eating. Who knows what type of family will be seated next to you about mid-meal. For my wife and I, we pick a quiet eatery so we can discussion some important issue or how finances will be divided.

Then again, we have now both retired. Having six screaming children should be a condition we are spared. Frankly, I do not wish to add to the staff's problems.

Yeah, I always wish I had a better knife at a restaurant. Having thought this over, I think I'll just take the crumpled utensils they give me, smile, and enjoy dinner.

I wish you a good appetite ! (don't overthink it !)

Never really cared for the serrated chain saws they provide.. EDC fixed worked great last night.. local steakhouse.. mm-mmm..good. oh.. and Happy Birthday to my wife. j/s

If that fancy restaurant got crap, dull knives
Yes,
I'll use mine immediately :^D

I haven't been to a sit-down restaurant since this thread started, let alone a fancy one.

Still fat though.

I would have to make sure it is clean first, nothing like tape or glue on your knife to ruin your appetite. 😀

I only had to do that once. We went to a “cowboy cookout” type thing…. Nothing fancy. We had great big steaks and plastic dinnerware. Nothing worse than a 40 oz. T bone and a spork!

Back