Xm-24 on the way!!!

fedex hasnt shipped it... they wont because... it's a knife...
seller gonna pick it back up and send it trough usps express
ah well... seems like i'm waiting another 10 days :'(

Congrats on your soon to be XM ownership and I know your pain, I had an XM go AWOL via USPS for about a month and it nearly drove me mad.

That's what I feared (post#39) when I heard the geography involved. Many a knife have lept from the depths of boxes and reeked havoc down upon unsuspecting innocents - the media keeps the details secret in order to prevent widespread panic.
It's a PC thing.
Anyway, time for anticipation and excitement to build look at it that way. Just be careful when you open the box that baby is going to have all kinds of energy built up !

EMS has never failed when i've shipped overseas, or now when i've received being overseas. Turn around time is always less than 5 business days. Hope you don't have anymore issues

i received this email from fedex:

You are correct in your concern.
Tha parcel has been stopped by the USA customs because the goods may not be transported due to safety reasons.
The parcel contains knifes and we are prohibited to transport any arms.
You can better contact the shipper as the parcel will return to his place.

Sorry for the inconvenience and kind regards

I was really tempted to respond:" knives are not arms!" but I managed to stay polite by not answering to his foolish email

i received this email from fedex:

You are correct in your concern.
Tha parcel has been stopped by the USA customs because the goods may not be transported due to safety reasons.
The parcel contains knifes and we are prohibited to transport any arms.
You can better contact the shipper as the parcel will return to his place.

Sorry for the inconvenience and kind regards

I was really tempted to respond:" knives are not arms!" but I managed to stay polite by not answering to his foolish email

Sucks!

Have it reshipped and declare the package contains "tools" or "professional tools" or "precision tools". Choose your own modifier or just leave it at tool(s).

You will cut far more non-human things than human things (include yourself...it happens). So it's a tool and not a weapon.

Ridiculous that they make such a fuss about shipping a freaking pocketknife.

Also, UPS may be expensive, but they will get the job done. I`ve bought a couple of knives in the US & Canada, and they were shipped here (Germany) via UPS. No problems whatsoever. They will even take care of the customs declaration process. Just make sure to have the knife declared as a "tool" or "camping tool". ;)

Trust me it will be worth the wait. Best large folder money can buy without question. I am still in awe over my xm24 and i flip it at least 100 times a day. Congratulations and enjoy it.

It is on its way at the moment with usps express international. They say it's 3-5 days, so if I double that, we got ourselves a realistic eta :p so eta: mid-end of next week

as long as there's no weekend it should get there less than 5 days. I've never had an issue with EMS(just with their cost :p

It is on its way at the moment with usps express international. They say it's 3-5 days, so if I double that, we got ourselves a realistic eta :p so eta: mid-end of next week

I hope our well wishes and advice to declare it as a "tool" assisted. Please keep us updated.

I`m not sure where you live, and how it is handled over there, but I often had to pick up my USPS Express shipment`s from the local custom`s office. Our postal service wouldn`t take care of the custom`s declaration process, and so I had to take care of it myself. Not fun dealing with silly (german) bureaucracy.

I live in Belgium kubra and they try to deliver it at home, if i'm not home I get to pick it up at the postal office

Looks like next week will be a Good one:thumbup: Looking forward to hearing (maybe seeing) your impressions.
Always fun reliving those moments thru someone elses experience.:)

Back