Y'all carry more than one knife?

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by texasflyfisher, Mar 28, 2010.

1. texasflyfisher

texasflyfisher

Aug 17, 2007
    I was sure there were a few folks that carried at least two, so I am not surprised. Three is a bit surprising though. Anyone carry more than that?

I have one of those as well but don't use it too often. I may do a giveaway of it here soon. It is the one that fits a small trapper. I have a gun belt from Mr Bullard that I wear daily as well as a couple of his holsters that I can choose between.

2. Chewy1

Chewy1

Jun 5, 2006
    For the past two years, I've had a Vic Ranger in my LF pocket. I use it for the scissors and file and screwdrivers mostly. Oh, and the tweezers. It's very handy. Along with it, I tote a single AA flashlight by Fenix.

The right pocket always has a pen, eye drops, lighter, and EDC knife. The EDC knife might jump to my change pocket if I have jeans on, and it can be anything in my small collection: Native, Robin, Barlow, Soddie, U2, you name it. It might even be a mini-canadian if the mood strikes.

Always two, almost never three.

I have been tempted on more than one occasion to move to one of those Leathermans with the fancy steel blade, but that would take all the fun out of mixing up my EDC.

3. yablanowitz

yablanowitz

Apr 14, 2006
    That would be me. I carry a large assortment so I can match the blade to the task at hand, and I use them all on a regular basis.

4. gincoza

gincoza

Jan 22, 2010
    I always carry at least 2,,most of the time 3,,I vary some though but normally carry my rat 1 folder and a bm harley assisted , I do carry a bm H&K auto some as well,,and always have a small knife on my keychain, I always manage to find things to cut,,even if I do have to look for them,

5. NeoClassic

NeoClassic

Aug 18, 2009
    I can't bring myself to carry more than one blade. Seems excessive for my particular needs where I live and how I spend my time. I have a GEC Scout and a Victorinox Bantam Alox that I carry on different days.

If/when I carry my Leatherman P4 Squirt, I don't carry either knife.

I'm a minimalist, though.

6. BenLankford

BenLankford

Jul 13, 2009
    I have a Manix2 and Case Sodbuster Jr. on me right now.

7. thejamppa

thejamppa

Aug 20, 2009
    I usually have Spyderco Caly 3 on me, Victorinox Cybertool 34 (for work as IT-support) and my daily traditional rotation: Victorinox Pioneer, Case Texas Jack CV or Case 6.5 medium Stockman CV.

8. freedoom

freedoom

Jan 31, 2010
    I usually have 2 blades on me. one on a multitool/SAK and one dedicated blade. multitool is currently a Vic Supertinker and the dedicate blade is a spyderco sage 2 for most of the time and something else from my collection when i'm not feeling the sage.

9. Kbrasmodeler

Kbrasmodeler

Mar 18, 2008
    I have been minimizing on weekdays. I have somewhat of a reputation as a "knife wielding maniac", so I usually just carry my old Camco TL-29 and my yellow handled Case full size Trapper. Of course, the Vic Classic is always on my keyring. Weekends, though, all bets are off. Sometimes, just to calm the tremors, I grab every slipjoint I own, fill up all my pockets, start a large bonfire in the front yard, and dance a rain-dance for the neighbors.:eek:

10. xbxb

xbxb Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 23, 2005
    I just carry one knife and its a nice traditional....... So I'm very careful when someone wants to borrow it because they might break it.

11. RedEdge77

RedEdge77

Jul 13, 2005
    Recently I have been carrying two knives; The Gerber EAB in watch pocket and a GEC Toothpick. For the most part these 2 cover almost all the needs I would expect out of a knife.

12. Steve_Holt

Steve_Holt

Dec 21, 2008
    Me too.

My particular form of the disease rears it's head when I'm deciding which one to carry. For a lot of years, I just grabbed my knife and keys and wallet when I was getting dressed. But for the last several years (since the disease has come out of remission and developed into full-blown Knife Nuttery) I spend a few minutes going through knives, fondling and playing with them before I put one in my pocket. I kind of pick one based on where I'll be going, what I'll be doing, and what I'll be wearing.

This is all a source of amusement to my wife. Little does she know, I spend a lot more time playing with them before I drop one in my pocket when she's not around.

13. Jenner 515

Jenner 515

Nov 27, 2002
    Usually carry two.

Always something watchpocket friendly (today a Case mini hunter )

and something larger RFP sometimes clipped today a GEC big jack.

14. dannyp

dannyp Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2007
    I'm a one knife guy as well. I already have enough other stuff in my pockets as it is. The only exception is if I'm in the woods. Then I might have a fixed blade with me also depending on what I'm doing.

15. Perfessr

Perfessr

Jan 14, 2004
    I normally pair up my slippies, a Case Amber bone Canoe normally goes with a Case Amber bone trapper that I had the spey blade removed, a Case black sod-buster with a Camillus 717, a Schrade 108OT with a 194OT.

16. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    If you don't count the Vic Classic I carry as a fob on my keyring (I don't count it because I never use the blade)

-at work I carry one knife, usually a slipjoint.
    -in the evenings and on weekends I usually carry a slipjoint and a one-hander.

17. Slider817

Slider817

Mar 26, 2010
    I always have a medium to large one hand open light and slim folder, for heavy duty EDC and a comfort level of security. Something like a Benchmade 940, Griptillian, Spyderco Stretch etc. Then a small Multi-Tool generally the Leatherman Squirt, or Juice. But I am a little self conscious about pulling out a knife around regular folks so I carry a spyderco Bug or honnyBee on my keys

18. Durbin

Durbin

Jun 22, 2006
    I usually carry two. Usually a peanut in the watch pocket of my jeans, and then something bigger like a trapper, jack or stockman in the bigger pocket.

19. Lamy 2000

Lamy 2000

Jan 23, 2010
    I always carry a slipjoint and usually have a SAK or Leatherman also on me.

20. slimshaneee

slimshaneee Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 24, 2008
    I usually have one on the keyring, one in the pocket. And sometimes one clipped to pocket! Then at work I also have a utility knife in my tool pouch.