1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Yojimbo 2 S90V Knifeworks exclusive pre-order

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by JungleJim65, Jul 4, 2014.

1. salmonkiller

salmonkiller

Dec 9, 2006
    Chaching!

2. Rasco

Rasco Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 3, 2014
    I was hoping this would be up for pre-order closer to August / September...
    I'm moving to a new house and it's gonna be *reeeeaally* tough to justify this during the move.
    Damn you KnifeWorks!!!

3. shunsui

shunsui Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 12, 2008
  4. RevDevil

RevDevil

Nov 9, 2009
    I think this is the result of the secondary market prices. Retailers are starting to see that they sell items for a fixed price only to lose out on about 10-25% profit margin. We can expect to see more of this in the future I'm sure, look at the Blue S90V Military and the Foliage green Elmax Para2 as examples.

5. Rasco

Rasco Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 3, 2014
    It's fine with me if some experimenting goes on in terms of retailers finding that sweet spot.
    I'm still pretty excited about this one, and I'm willing to throw $220 at it, Vs I was lukewarm on the Elmax PM2 for $200.
    Trial and error I suppose.

But I admit, $220 is about as high as I'd possibly go for this one.

6. Wolverine666

Wolverine666 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2009
    So it's an 800 piece KW limited run ?

7. RamZar

RamZar Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Lots of truisms herein.

Frankly, I refuse to deal with BBS period. That's just me. If it means losing out on some killer exclusives so be it. Every now and then you have to put your foot down regardless of the temptations.

8. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    It could go up to a maximum of 1,200 or thereabouts. I say thereabouts since seemingly some extra PM2 Green CTS-204P suddenly showed up even after the option.

9. JNewell

JNewell

Nov 18, 2005
    Likely those were customer orders that went unpaid after lots of chances by KW for the original customer to honor his pre-order.

10. Soulrack223

Soulrack223 Gold Member Gold Member

May 8, 2007
    I'm excited about this one. $230 is fair but I'll only get one to use instead of one to use and one to keep.

11. KNaB

KNaB

Oct 18, 2008
    In for two!!

12. Soulrack223

May 8, 2007
    Order placed! Hopefully it's not too long of a wait!

13. KNaB

KNaB

Oct 18, 2008

I waited for the knifeworks m4 military. I've learned patience.

14. Lebowski22

Lebowski22

Jun 23, 2011
    Man, always wanted to try out the yojimbo, being a lefty it's tough to find anything better then the compression lock IMO.

Is the yojimbo juice worth the squeeze? At a premium mind you with s90v.

15. sharpblade89

sharpblade89

Nov 20, 2012
    I just pre-ordered mine! This will be my 2nd sprint, so pumped.

16. Ji_Long

Ji_Long

Aug 2, 2013
    I was going to buy the standard yojimbo 2 earlier this year until I saw talk of this sprint and decide to wait for this. Preordered, now the waiting game begins. This will be my first compression lock, my first golden, Co made spydie and my first CPM-S90V.

17. urza

urza

May 20, 2010
    I've been on a bigger traditional knife kick lately but I've been eagerly awaiting this knife. I wanted a Yo2 from day one but held off in hopes of a a sprint. Placed my order today, glad this is finally happening. :)

18. Soulrack223

May 8, 2007
    Oh, I've been patient. I've had the Knifeworks exclusive page for this knife bookmarked for months, checking it multiple times per week waiting for this preorder to begin. :cool:

19. sharpblade89

sharpblade89

Nov 20, 2012
    KW claims that try should be getting the first 400 pieces by the end of July.

20. RamZar

Mar 3, 2013
    Alternatively, they could be leftovers like with the recent KnifeWorks exclusive Manix2 XL S90V/CF: "Spyderco has sent us 50 of the C95CFP2 that was left over from our Exclusive run with them."