Your All-Time Busse Favorites?

I personally prefer all my blades to have a choil, IMHO *I* think it makes a more usable tool out of a knife especially as I have found little use for that part of the blade (that I cant have by choking up on a choil) anyway.

Yes tuica the ASH is still by far my favourite (thankfully given the number residing at home ... ;) ). I also loooove my BIG Busses though... :D :D If there was to be only one... it would still be the ASH ...!

This^^^^^^ big time!!!!

I would consider the BAe medium. And carry ability is an issue at times. Feel quite formidable with that Battle Mistress, and to just a lesser degree, the Dogfather LE. But think I could conquer the majority of camping/survival tasks with the CG ASH1. When I used to camp extensively (about thirty years ago!), was able to make do with much lesser blades, usually a six inch no-nameo brand. Then got a CR Jereboam II, and the big knife madness began...;-)

Last edited:
Dan, I thought you had a coated ZTBM-e not long ago?

I have it again. Just not coated. IMO a real one knife to do most all things well. And the sweet spot on its blade is in the exact same location in relation to the talon hole as the cgfbm's sweet spot. Funny how that works, ya?

After many seasons of using different Busse blades, I still have two favorites. One is my Basic 9, a now very well used tool that had been with me through thick and thin. I should have bought two of these back in the day! The Basic 9 is a keeper.

Second choice is the ASHBM with an amazing combination of beauty, form and function. I think this format just about covers all the bases (for me that is) when one is considering a one knife solution. It can chop with the best of them and then handle kitchen duty if you are up to the task. I am not sure if I did not make an error by not snagging two of these outstanding knives when they were for sale. I believe this is one of the most attractive knives Busse has ever made.

My last hunting trip featured me using the ASHBM. I got quite a few turned heads as well as an offer to take my blade off my hands.

Basic 4
TG
Hog badger.
Rodent 6

By far, my favorite on that list is the rodent 6. Of all the Busse-kin I have, that knife is the one that will never leave my side. Great handle, great shape, great size. I like all of my busse blades for one reason or another, don't get me wrong. But that rodent 6 is the one I take with me when I go into the wild and can't take any other blades due to pack weight. None of my other blades come close to it.

Speaking strictly of Busse (excluding stuff from the Swamp and the Yard), the answer is simple for me.
#1 Urban Grudge LE (sporting tan/black G10)
#2 BG-BB13
To be honest, I've only had maybe 10 Busse models in hand; and these two are the only ones I've liked enough to keep. (well, I still have my SHe-2; but only because nobody else wanted it either)

If I were to consider all Busse-kin, and choose my favorite 3...in no particular order (because it's too hard to rank them: Urban Grudge LE, Rodent 3, Ratmandu (including infi versions)

Basic 4
TG
Hog badger.
Rodent 6

By far, my favorite on that list is the rodent 6. Of all the Busse-kin I have, that knife is the one that will never leave my side. Great handle, great shape, great size. I like all of my busse blades for one reason or another, don't get me wrong. But that rodent 6 is the one I take with me when I go into the wild and can't take any other blades due to pack weight. None of my other blades come close to it.

I'm with ya on the rodent 6. I'm just not a fan of the top guard and the handle hump :). Here are a few that I've modded:

hIIia1I.jpg

This one's one of my favorites

3eSWtiL.jpg

I have to take the path as a mother feels for her babies~They're all my favorites :D

But if I had to take one that I couldn't do without? If there was a flood and could only grab 1? ..... it has to be a really dire situation for only 1? ..... Today it would have to be the Forsaken Mistress....it's so freaking awesome, but I have 2 empty hands so I'm grabbing the Forsaken Gemini also. I'd even sacrifice my nukeV8 over those out of practicality.

I'm with ya on the rodent 6. I'm just not a fan of the top guard and the handle hump :). Here are a few that I've modded:

hIIia1I.jpg

This one's one of my favorites

3eSWtiL.jpg

Yeah, if I was forced to pare down my collection to one knife, I'd keep the r6 and do what you did to it. I like how you left a little bump on the top. Sort of want to do the same to my BGTG even more than I want to do it to my r6 as the top guard on the BGTG is so prominent.

Here is a Rodent 6 that came without top guard and is an outstanding user.
Put on a 19 degree edge and it is very sharp. A great all round heavy use knife.

TGr6tNP.jpg

Rodent 6 one of the greatest ever for sure. I would have to think of my list pretty long and hard. I know a NMSFNO is in there and a HHFSH...and an SHBM....and an INFIDU....and....Skinny ASH....Park Ranger....Steak Knife (all of them)...Hairy Carry....well...I guess I have to stop somewhere...SFNO for sure...

I believe for me it would be either a TG ( not sure which type), BG SFNO, BG HR, or NMSFNO. I’m strongly believing NMSFNO. Problem is, I just got it and haven’t used it for a thing yet. Except shave arm hair.

As far as my favorites (in no particular order):
- SHMS
- SHSHII
- SHBM
- Basic 3, 5, 7, 9 & 11
There are others, but these are the first to come to mind.
I like how this guy thinks! ;):D

Here are a few I would add to the list:
- ASH1
- Satin Jack/Boss Jack
- Badger Attack III (same handle as the Satin Jack)
- SJTAC
- Leaner Meaner Street

The Huck Fin (both of them) is my dream knife that I want to have soon. Anything with CBT on the knife (minus TGLB which has the worst handle design of all Busse Knives) is my all time favorite starting with CGFBM.

I’ve owned many but these are the only ones I have kept. (Picture won’t upload no matter how I crop it)

Satin Gladius
1 of 1 MOASS
FFBM Superman
Nuked V8
Satin Sus with Mamoth tooth scales

Based on what I have and use, (there an enormous number of models I've never seen or held in person,) these are my favorites:

-BG AMS (BG SOS is a close 2nd)
-Jackmandu
-BG Hell Razor
-BOOM Parang
-BME2
-CG BB13

20170819_114254.jpg

My .220 Ash-1 is my favorite Busse. The Infi Ratmandu is a close second. Both knives are so versatile and both cut really well. I would love to see these offered in the future. They are just that good.

Back