Your DREAM Fiddleback

Dream Fiddleback... probably the competition cutter with full height grinds and antique canvas handles that sat on KSF for like two years before it finally sold (ironically, today).

Well, I've had my Kephart for little while and I can't feel any hunger for any more yet....

310A774B-9F48-4C62-85AE-41AC7FA3B44A-1403-000002B4DC1ADB9C_zpsabd0bb56.jpg

1/8" tapering tang. Ebony handle (my favourite material). If you wrap your hand around the knife in a hammer grip, then carefully open your hand to leave the knife sitting on your index finger it is perfectly balanced. It is a joy to use.

Still enjoying Fridays though....:)

I had a dream Fiddleback. Then I designed one - and he made it.

Still the highlight in my knife using career. ;)

Here is the second one I had him make. One wasn't even close to enough.

FiddlebackAreteConvex002.jpg

TF

My dream would be 5/32 CPM-154 Bushfinger with a convex grind and a full tang no taper with burlap scales over red liners.

Terrasaur 5/32 Sabor convex grind,Tapered Tang, stripe spalting on both sides of spine, black shade tree burlap scales over black liners with toxic green pinstripe and pins

Been a while since we visited this one. Some new handle treatments (skeletonized), some new models (new nessmuk, woodchuck), some new materials (pinecone). Has your requests changed??

I'd like a Bushcrafter Senior: 5/32nd convex. Full tang. Orange shadetree Burlap handle with a blaze orange pinstripe over black micarta with a black micarta bolster.

Camp knife in nat can with black canvas bolsters, a nice mosaic pin and 3/16" 154cm.

My dream Fiddleback is a maroon linen on natural canvas with white pinstripe KE Bushie in 1/8", full height convex grind & mosaic beauty pin.

Any of the following in the same configuration would make me happy as well:
Ladyfinger, Recluse, Bushcraft Karda, EDC II, Shank (No Swedge or Daggergrind), Nessmuk & KPH

Also would love a maroon linen hidden tang Hiking Buddy or Arete with mosaic pin in 1/8" 01 steel with full height convex grind.

:D

Love your blades Andy & always look forward to Fiddleback Friday!!!

Last edited:
Dream Fiddleback... probably the competition cutter with full height grinds and antique canvas handles that sat on KSF for like two years before it finally sold (ironically, today).

There is one similar to your description available on ACK right now.

I think I have my perfect Fiddlebacks.

If I could only have one (not my current four) I might have gone for a skeletonized tang 3/16" 3V Hunter, full height convex with maroon linen micarta with a single mosaic pin like my Camp knife and Ladyfinger.

Should handle almost anything pretty well.

I think I have my perfect Fiddlebacks.

If I could only have one (not my current four) I might have gone for a skeletonized tang 3/16" 3V Hunter, full height convex with maroon linen micarta with a single mosaic pin like my Camp knife and Ladyfinger.

Should handle almost anything pretty well.

I am learning I don't have one dream knife or one dream Fiddleback, I have multiples for different uses.

At the moment the dreams are a Woodsman in 3/16 with full-height and tapered tang, micarta hande, and a tapered tang Woodchuck in 5/32...then there are a few others...a tapered Hiking Buddy in 5/32...etc.

I'm glad that I'm not the first to suggest or dream of stainless Fiddlebacks.

My dream Fiddleback would be either a Recluse or Bushfinger in 1/8" M390 with Wenge scales over Natural Canvas Micarta liners and Natural Canvas Micarta pins.

:cool:

I'd say almost any of Andy's pointier designs... 4.5" handle, 3.5-4" blade, any earth tone burlap handle, S90V, S35VN, or that new fancy schmancy powdered version of BG42. I've never had a high carbon/tool steel knife that I've been really happy with other than SRKW's SR101 but even then I prefer my knives clean clean. I will be trying one of Andy's O1 blades before the year's out but first I'll have to wait until my first Fiddleback arrives! CPM154 of course ;^) Rick finished my sheath yesterday so I should have it by the end of the week!!

I am learning I don't have one dream knife or one dream Fiddleback, I have multiples for different uses.

At the moment the dreams are a Woodsman in 3/16 with full-height and tapered tang, micarta hande, and a tapered tang Woodchuck in 5/32...then there are a few others...a tapered Hiking Buddy in 5/32...etc.

Holy cow, you wouldn't even have time to use that many knives, Mist! :p

Forged full convex Arete with a tapered tang. A mixed medium handle - with micarta liners and two types of wood. A mix of mosaic and solid pins with a bullseye lanyard tube.

THAT would be bad ass.

Alternatively, I would like a spalted full convex Arete with a mix of G-10 scales. G-10 pins and bullseye lanyard tube. Exposed tang.

TF

i've been dreaming of a koa f2 w/ koa & lime green liners
convex edge & tapered tang

Back