1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Off Topic Your Favorite Handgun

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Cobalt, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Colt 1911 and clones/variants

29 vote(s)
    22.3%
  2. Browning Hi power and clones/variants

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  3. CZ75 and clones/variants

8 vote(s)
    6.2%
  4. Anything H&K

9 vote(s)
    6.9%
  5. Beretta 92F and clones/variants

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. Sig Sauer other than 1911 line

15 vote(s)
    11.5%
  7. Glock

36 vote(s)
    27.7%
  8. Smith Wesson Pistols other than 1911

7 vote(s)
    5.4%
  9. All other, FNH, Walther Ruger

5 vote(s)
    3.8%
  10. I am a revolver guy

18 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    OpticsPlanet has the P220 SRT kit for $36. I think I'm going to have to try it out.

Cobalt likes this.
  2. Cobalt

Cobalt Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 1998
    So when it comes to Revolvers, what do you guys like. I have always been a redhawk fan and have a few. But my curent fun revolver is my sw 625-8

WatermanChris likes this.
  3. JFLemm

JFLemm

Nov 29, 2013
    S&W 625-2. 617-10, 627 8 hole. All tuned by Mike Carmoney. :>)

WatermanChris and Cobalt like this.
  4. zombieassassin

zombieassassin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    As for wheel guns......
    S&W all the way

gk4ever2 and MacLaren1 like this.
  5. Cobalt

Dec 23, 1998
    But if you want nuclear toughness Ruger is the way to go and has always been

6. zombieassassin

zombieassassin Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    True...very true

7. JFLemm

JFLemm

Nov 29, 2013
    Remember the Ruger Police Model 6? My first pistol and first carry gun, that should date me as an antique too!

gk4ever2 and Cobalt like this.
  8. MacLaren1

MacLaren1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 15, 2014
    Yeah, but I cant tell ya how many thousand upon thousand of rounds my dad and I have shot from a Smith wheel gun.
    Of course, that may be more reliability than just brute toughness.
    At any rate, hard to go wrong with either.
    I just truly love my model 19-3 2.5" .38/.357

gk4ever2 and WatermanChris like this.
  9. littlehoot

littlehoot Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 7, 2015
    I really like my gp100's; I've got four. 2 357s a 44special and a 10mm all are great shooters.

I've also got a EAA windicator in 357, functional and accurate enough, & an older Dan Wesson with the interchangeable barrel: it's VERY accurate

10. Cvrobinson

Cvrobinson Going to hell, anyone need anything Platinum Member

Dec 19, 2017
    Smith & Wesson N frame model 57 .41 mag, pinned and recessed
    171EC1AC-270B-48DD-B2D5-FF9270C27883.jpeg
    Never jams an accurate
    image.jpg

11. Cobalt

Dec 23, 1998
    No doubt smiths are excellent wheelguns. I love my 629, 29, 686, 681, and 625. I just picked up a 640 in 357 mag.

WatermanChris and MacLaren1 like this.
  12. Cobalt

Dec 23, 1998
    Awesome round. I love the 41 mag. Had a Blackhawk in that caliber and loved it. It has never gotten the credit it deserves.

WatermanChris and Cvrobinson like this.
  13. Cobalt

Dec 23, 1998
    I picked one of those up for 80 bucks once. lol. Great gun. Precursor to the gp100

14. Busto

Busto KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 26, 2011
    S&W 686...Colt Python & Anaconda...BUT my .475 Linebaugh on a Ruger Bisley frame is the Dangerous Game Getter but BRUTAL without a padded glove:eek::eek::eek: Good for dropping Feral Hogs or Javelina:cool::cool:

Cobalt likes this.
  15. Cobalt

Dec 23, 1998
    you have a 475 linebaugh? WOW. I remember Ross Seifried killing a Bull African Elephant with a frontal skull shot. the round penetrated 4 ft into that monster.

Busto likes this.
  16. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    as far as revolvers go I probably carry my S&W 627 Pro Series or one of my Ruger GP100 Match Champions more than others ... they go on my hip anytime I'm riding or camping or hunting in predator country ...

The S&W 627 Pro Series 8 round ... changed out the springs with Wolff springs and smoothed and lighten the trigger ...
    2019-03-09 13.31.09.jpg

One of my Ruger GP100 Match Champions ... also put Wolff springs in and smoothed up to trigger ...
    Ruger GP100 MC & Carothers.jpg

Those are the two I most often strap on when I'm out anywhere predators are ... I sometimes carry a .44 mag instead ... but for the lower 48 I trust my .357s with good hard cast loads to take down anything I might have a run in with ...

I have a S&W 686 Pro Series ... another GP100 Match Champion ... a S&W 686-3 Perfomance Center 3"ported barrel and action and trigger job ... a Ruger Super Blackhawk in 44 Mag ... and a S&W 629 ...

And too many others to name ... my favorite to shoot though are the two pictured ... the Super Blackhawk would be a close 3rd.

17. Cobalt

Dec 23, 1998
    Nice. Glad to see another Blackhawk lover

18. Busto

Busto KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 26, 2011
    Yeah I picked it up a long time ago when Hunting Dangerous game with a Handgun was a Sport of Kings...In the days before .454 Casull was even on the drawing board the .44 Magnum was all you could find and John Linebaugh started building .500's on Ruger Bisley frames with impressive Game results. There were requests for a more manageable load and the .475 was born...it's my Safari Pistola:cool:

WatermanChris, MacLaren1 and Cobalt like this.
  19. Cobalt

Dec 23, 1998
    I remember those days. It is so cool to know someone who has one. I have always wanted one. Instead I settled for 44's and 454's. The 475 was more of a beast than the 500 linebaugh if I remember correctly. At least Ross claimed it to be. Most people don't know what a 475 linebaugh is. A monster of a round even by todays standards.

WatermanChris and MacLaren1 like this.
  20. Busto

Jul 26, 2011
    The .475 actually has shown better penetration on soft skin game, but the shock of the .500 and wound channel are still unsurpassed...The .500 is still King of the Hill from a power stand point. I would rather fire the .500 because the BARK of the .475 will rupture eardrums!!!!:eek:

MacLaren1 and Cobalt like this.