Off Topic Your Favorite Handgun

What is your favorite handgun that you like enough to carry for the rest of your life:

• Colt 1911 and clones/variants

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • Browning Hi power and clones/variants

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • CZ75 and clones/variants

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Anything H&K

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Beretta 92F and clones/variants

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Sig Sauer other than 1911 line

Votes: 17 12.8%
  • Glock

Votes: 36 27.1%
  • Smith Wesson Pistols other than 1911

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • All other, FNH, Walther Ruger

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I am a revolver guy

Votes: 18 13.5%

• Total voters
It is that good IMHO ... the short travel it has when it resets ... I would compare to a double action revolver with the hammer cocked ... and smooth no take up of any kind ... and for follow up shots it is impressive ...

OpticsPlanet has the P220 SRT kit for $36. I think I'm going to have to try it out.

So when it comes to Revolvers, what do you guys like. I have always been a redhawk fan and have a few. But my curent fun revolver is my sw 625-8

But if you want nuclear toughness Ruger is the way to go and has always been

Yeah, but I cant tell ya how many thousand upon thousand of rounds my dad and I have shot from a Smith wheel gun.
Of course, that may be more reliability than just brute toughness.
At any rate, hard to go wrong with either.
I just truly love my model 19-3 2.5" .38/.357

I really like my gp100's; I've got four. 2 357s a 44special and a 10mm all are great shooters.

I've also got a EAA windicator in 357, functional and accurate enough, & an older Dan Wesson with the interchangeable barrel: it's VERY accurate

Yeah, but I cant tell ya how many thousand upon thousand of rounds my dad and I have shot from a Smith wheel gun.
Of course, that may be more reliability than just brute toughness.
At any rate, hard to go wrong with either.
I just truly love my model 19-3 2.5" .38/.357

No doubt smiths are excellent wheelguns. I love my 629, 29, 686, 681, and 625. I just picked up a 640 in 357 mag.

S&W 686...Colt Python & Anaconda...BUT my .475 Linebaugh on a Ruger Bisley frame is the Dangerous Game Getter but BRUTAL without a padded glove:eek::eek::eek: Good for dropping Feral Hogs or Javelina:cool::cool:

S&W 686...Colt Python & Anaconda...BUT my .475 Linebaugh on a Ruger Bisley frame is the Dangerous Game Getter but BRUTAL without a padded glove:eek::eek::eek: Good for dropping Feral Hogs or Javelina:cool::cool:

you have a 475 linebaugh? WOW. I remember Ross Seifried killing a Bull African Elephant with a frontal skull shot. the round penetrated 4 ft into that monster.

as far as revolvers go I probably carry my S&W 627 Pro Series or one of my Ruger GP100 Match Champions more than others ... they go on my hip anytime I'm riding or camping or hunting in predator country ...

The S&W 627 Pro Series 8 round ... changed out the springs with Wolff springs and smoothed and lighten the trigger ...
2019-03-09 13.31.09.jpg

One of my Ruger GP100 Match Champions ... also put Wolff springs in and smoothed up to trigger ...
Ruger GP100 MC & Carothers.jpg

Those are the two I most often strap on when I'm out anywhere predators are ... I sometimes carry a .44 mag instead ... but for the lower 48 I trust my .357s with good hard cast loads to take down anything I might have a run in with ...

I have a S&W 686 Pro Series ... another GP100 Match Champion ... a S&W 686-3 Perfomance Center 3"ported barrel and action and trigger job ... a Ruger Super Blackhawk in 44 Mag ... and a S&W 629 ...

And too many others to name ... my favorite to shoot though are the two pictured ... the Super Blackhawk would be a close 3rd.

as far as revolvers go I probably carry my S&W 627 Pro Series or one of my Ruger GP100 Match Champions more than others ... they go on my hip anytime I'm riding or camping or hunting in predator country ...

The S&W 627 Pro Series 8 round ... changed out the springs with Wolff springs and smoothed and lighten the trigger ...
View attachment 1157738

One of my Ruger GP100 Match Champions ... also put Wolff springs in and smoothed up to trigger ...
View attachment 1157745

Those are the two I most often strap on when I'm out anywhere predators are ... I sometimes carry a .44 mag instead ... but for the lower 48 I trust my .357s with good hard cast loads to take down anything I might have a run in with ...

I have a S&W 686 Pro Series ... another GP100 Match Champion ... a S&W 686-3 Perfomance Center 3"ported barrel and action and trigger job ... a Ruger Super Blackhawk in 44 Mag ... and a S&W 629 ...

And too many others to name ... my favorite to shoot though are the two pictured ... the Super Blackhawk would be a close 3rd.

Nice. Glad to see another Blackhawk lover

you have a 475 linebaugh? WOW. I remember Ross Seifried killing a Bull African Elephant with a frontal skull shot. the round penetrated 4 ft into that monster.
Yeah I picked it up a long time ago when Hunting Dangerous game with a Handgun was a Sport of Kings...In the days before .454 Casull was even on the drawing board the .44 Magnum was all you could find and John Linebaugh started building .500's on Ruger Bisley frames with impressive Game results. There were requests for a more manageable load and the .475 was born...it's my Safari Pistola:cool:

Yeah I picked it up a long time ago when Hunting Dangerous game with a Handgun was a Sport of Kings...In the days before .454 Casull was even on the drawing board the .44 Magnum was all you could find and John Linebaugh started building .500's on Ruger Bisley frames with impressive Game results. There were requests for a more manageable load and the .475 was born...it's my Safari Pistola:cool:

I remember those days. It is so cool to know someone who has one. I have always wanted one. Instead I settled for 44's and 454's. The 475 was more of a beast than the 500 linebaugh if I remember correctly. At least Ross claimed it to be. Most people don't know what a 475 linebaugh is. A monster of a round even by todays standards.

I remember those days. It is so cool to know someone who has one. I have always wanted one. Instead I settled for 44's and 454's. The 475 was more of a beast than the 500 linebaugh if I remember correctly. At least Ross claimed it to be. Most people don't know what a 475 linebaugh is. A monster of a round even by todays standards.
The .475 actually has shown better penetration on soft skin game, but the shock of the .500 and wound channel are still unsurpassed...The .500 is still King of the Hill from a power stand point. I would rather fire the .500 because the BARK of the .475 will rupture eardrums!!!!:eek:

Back