1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Off Topic Your Favorite Handgun

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Cobalt, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Colt 1911 and clones/variants

29 vote(s)
    22.3%
  2. Browning Hi power and clones/variants

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  3. CZ75 and clones/variants

8 vote(s)
    6.2%
  4. Anything H&K

9 vote(s)
    6.9%
  5. Beretta 92F and clones/variants

2 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. Sig Sauer other than 1911 line

15 vote(s)
    11.5%
  7. Glock

36 vote(s)
    27.7%
  8. Smith Wesson Pistols other than 1911

7 vote(s)
    5.4%
  9. All other, FNH, Walther Ruger

5 vote(s)
    3.8%
  10. I am a revolver guy

18 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. Steven65

Steven65 Traditional Hog Platinum Member

Mar 11, 2008
    I just have to say it..........it's threads like this that make me love the Busse forum on BF and Busse collectors.:)

Possibly my all time favourite.......my 70 Series Government.;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    cpirtle, WatermanChris and Cobalt like this.
  2. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    L Frame Smiths in wheel guns for me. Unless it is for carry then a three inch round butt K Frame is about as good as it gets...!

3. lozdesign7

lozdesign7 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2011
    No Walthers on the list?

I love my PPQ. I couldn't hit a volkswagon at 10m with it but its still a beatifuly engineered little pistol and has been super reliable and unfussy with ammo.. The accuracy is most definatel me and not the gun.

Lawrie

WatermanChris, TommyGun56 and Cobalt like this.
  4. Cobalt

Cobalt Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 1998

There wasn't enough polling room for it by itself, but I did include it with others in one spot. I don't think I could have displaced any of the others for Walther, sorry. You could vote where it is listed with FN and others or just vote for Glock, since it is just a repackaged glock clone with the same trigger safety, but a higher bore axis. lol

lozdesign7 and WatermanChris like this.
  5. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    I have a PPK, but it really can't hang with a P365. The Walther wins on looks, but the SIG beats it in capacity, power, and weight.

lozdesign7 and WatermanChris like this.
  6. Cobalt

Dec 23, 1998
    The ppk is iconic though

WatermanChris likes this.
  7. Turbo Tension

Turbo Tension

May 6, 2010
    Hard to say. I love my 1911 pattern guns, but I have a CZ75 Shadow that is wonderful, and a Colt King Cobra stainless that makes my manties drop every time I pull it out. I also have a 629 Stealth Hunter that is not stock, that is a pleasure to shoot, but a bitch to clean.

fWIW my carry gun is a Colt Wiley Clapp Commander that is not stock.

A P365 is my next handgun since my Les Baer 6” 10mm fund got rolled into a ‘new carpet on the 2nd floor’ fund.

8. JohnTheTexican

Jul 1, 2006
    [​IMG]

Mine's the Archer version (stainless), not the Bond (blued).

lozdesign7, WatermanChris and Cobalt like this.
  9. MacLaren1

MacLaren1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 15, 2014
    Just got an email from Sig, introducing their P365 XL.

WatermanChris and Cobalt like this.
  10. Cobalt

Dec 23, 1998
    I still prefer the metal sigs

WatermanChris and MacLaren1 like this.
  11. MacLaren1

May 15, 2014
    Always will 2 :D:cool::thumbsup:

12. WatermanChris

WatermanChris Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2018
    I will probably get a P365 XL just because I like the platform but that 15 round mag just looks silly. It may feel great in the hand though.

MacLaren1 likes this.
  13. Cobalt

Dec 23, 1998
    I can get a glock 43x for $350, but looks like the sig p365 is $500. Seems like a lot more for not much difference.

14. T.A.C.

T.A.C. Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2001
    The Glock 43 seems a good choice to me. Glock reliability, 9mm Single stack, light weight, (7) round magazine with the extension, and nice hold with the Talon Grips, Night Sights. A nice piece. I have the Talo edition shown. A lot of firepower from a small pistol.
    IMG_1287.JPG IMG_1286.JPG

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    360joules and MacLaren1 like this.
  15. MacLaren1

May 15, 2014
    That is an excellent pistol!
    I shot my cousins. At 25 yards she was dead on!
    The mag with pinky extension makes all the difference imo.

16. JohnTheTexican

Jul 1, 2006
    That's a nice price for a Glock 43, if you can get it. At the store where I bought my SIG Sauer P365, the Glock 43 NS was about $30 more.

Cobalt likes this.
  17. Cobalt

Dec 23, 1998
    On line the glock is $50 cheaper, but my price is under $400

18. Dr. Lecter

Dr. Lecter Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 17, 2009
    As much as I enjoy the .45 Wilson SDS, I'm not sure I can prefer it to my P7 PSP as a carry gun. Yes, the P7 weighs a ton for its size; yes, the mag is tiny and the mag release's location feels very odd at first; yes, its prone to piston fouling and overall its more complicated to work on than my swiss watch. But the thing is an absolute tack driver with 147g golden sabers, and for whatever reason it draws, presents, and fires better than anything else I've ever held.

In terms of handguns that will see outdoor use rather than concealed carry, I still use the same full size USP I bought the day I turned 21. It was well worn when I bought it, and it just works every time no matter how dirty and/or wet it may be.

19. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
    I just saw that too. Taking a very successful concealed carry pistol and making it larger - I'm not sure I understand that. :confused:

20. gk4ever2

gk4ever2 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2008
    A blued 4" Ruger Security Six was my first handgun, purchased in ~1975. I later sold it and bought a stainless steel 6" Security Six - I still have it, and it is very accurate.