Your favorite Spyderco that doesn't exist

Manix 2 uncoated K390 and M390

PM2 uncoated K390

Is anyone really familiar with K390? I heard its supposed to be tougher than M4 and holds a great edge. Im don't care about corrosion resistance, so how does k390 compare with lets say cruwear in edge stability and sharpenability?

Manix 2 uncoated K390 and M390

PM2 uncoated K390

Is anyone really familiar with K390? I heard its supposed to be tougher than M4 and holds a great edge. Im don't care about corrosion resistance, so how does k390 compare with lets say cruwear in edge stability and sharpenability?
K390 is good stuff! It holds its edge for a lot longer then Cruwear and is tougher. For me, it sharpens up pretty easily too, I have had great luck with it. It is one of my favorite steels right now behind M4. Also, the patina it leaves is very nice looking, almost a blueish gray color.

As I've mentioned before, a DLC red m390 pm2. Even though Jordan said it's not currently in the works, it has to happen (sooner rather than later hopefully).

Others on the wishlist include a tip-up military and Delica/Enduras in white #1.

K390 is good stuff! It holds its edge for a lot longer then Cruwear and is tougher. For me, it sharpens up pretty easily too, I have had great luck with it. It is one of my favorite steels right now behind M4. Also, the patina it leaves is very nice looking, almost a blueish gray color.
Well until they release a K390 PM2, I have my 52100 pm2 and the ability to pretend:D:thumbsup:

Yes! With another inch or so of blade and another millimeter or so of blade thickness.

One i'd like to see is a CRK/Spyderco collab, call it a Milibenza.
How about we never call anything from Spyderco a -benza!

Last edited:
Southard with better bearings and the pokey parts of the lockbar smoothed down.

Meerkat in S35VN with dark red Nishijin glass fiber scales (a PM2 with Nishijin scales would be pretty sweet, too).

Another run of the DLC red G10/M390 PM2 and the dark green/CTS-204P PM2.

1. Redesign the Tuff with a Bowie blade and a much reduced finger choil to provide for more usable blade length.
  2. Slyz (yes, I know that’s not the right spelling) Bowie with a 4mm blade stock and really tough steel.
  3. Shaman with a really tough blade steel, bead blasted Micarta handles, and get rid of the heavy metal backspacer.

I'd like to see a Native in ZDP...but I doubt that would happen as Natives are made in Golden and ZDP is a Japanese steel. I know the Carpenter and Crucible steels are now front and center, but I'm still a big ZDP fan. I guess I just move more slowly these days. Hey...but I recently bought a Composite CPM-S90V/154 Sprint Native so I'm trying to keep up.;)

I have always liked the idea of an Ocelot with a compression lock. I think that design would be a "righteous" folding hunter. Those of you who have held the Ocelot know that the handle has great ergos and is VERY comfortable. However, I think I remember Sal saying Spyderco doesn't have the "rights" to the Ocelot..so that wouldn't happen either.

Last edited:
Respect in a tool steel with natural G10 scales and have AT Barr tweak the end result with some filework and dress up the scales.

Kill about 3 birds with that stone.

My 2010 KW exclusive with the M4 blade swapped out for M390 and the black G10 scale swapped out for orange

C36-2_zpsu3ofbw2f.jpg

C36-1_zpsurzyynmc.jpg

Back