1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 37 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Sabol Brothers Kiridashi , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Your favorite Spyderco that doesn't exist

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Sigsog226, Apr 14, 2018.

1. JackTheKnifeGuy

JackTheKnifeGuy Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2017
    Manix 2 uncoated K390 and M390

PM2 uncoated K390

Is anyone really familiar with K390? I heard its supposed to be tougher than M4 and holds a great edge. Im don't care about corrosion resistance, so how does k390 compare with lets say cruwear in edge stability and sharpenability?

2. Butch

Butch Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 25, 2003
    Enuff sheepsfoot with plain edge.
    Bring back the plain edge rescue.

anthonycastorena2014 likes this.
  3. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    K390 is good stuff! It holds its edge for a lot longer then Cruwear and is tougher. For me, it sharpens up pretty easily too, I have had great luck with it. It is one of my favorite steels right now behind M4. Also, the patina it leaves is very nice looking, almost a blueish gray color.

JackTheKnifeGuy likes this.
  4. DRoth

DRoth

Apr 10, 2016
    As I've mentioned before, a DLC red m390 pm2. Even though Jordan said it's not currently in the works, it has to happen (sooner rather than later hopefully).

Others on the wishlist include a tip-up military and Delica/Enduras in white #1.

5. JackTheKnifeGuy

JackTheKnifeGuy Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2017
    Well until they release a K390 PM2, I have my 52100 pm2 and the ability to pretend:D:thumbsup:

Murphjd25 likes this.
  6. darth_cholo

darth_cholo

Mar 29, 2010
    Mantra 3. Pre-ordered but technically doesn't exist.

7. Markous

Markous

Sep 9, 2008
    Yes! With another inch or so of blade and another millimeter or so of blade thickness.

One i'd like to see is a CRK/Spyderco collab, call it a Milibenza.

Riz! likes this.
  8. 5-by-5

5-by-5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 13, 2016
    How about we never call anything from Spyderco a -benza!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    Jamesh Bond likes this.
  9. cwp

cwp

Nov 27, 2014
    Southard with better bearings and the pokey parts of the lockbar smoothed down.

Meerkat in S35VN with dark red Nishijin glass fiber scales (a PM2 with Nishijin scales would be pretty sweet, too).

Another run of the DLC red G10/M390 PM2 and the dark green/CTS-204P PM2.

onsetoutdoors likes this.
  10. onsetoutdoors

onsetoutdoors

Feb 8, 2016
    Pm2 in LC200N.

11. jstn

jstn Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Manix 2 with a compression lock in M390 and micarta scales.

onsetoutdoors likes this.
  12. Brummie

Brummie Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2007
    1. Redesign the Tuff with a Bowie blade and a much reduced finger choil to provide for more usable blade length.
    2. Slyz (yes, I know that’s not the right spelling) Bowie with a 4mm blade stock and really tough steel.
    3. Shaman with a really tough blade steel, bead blasted Micarta handles, and get rid of the heavy metal backspacer.

anthonycastorena2014 likes this.
  13. Gramps

Gramps

Nov 17, 2002
    I'd like to see a Native in ZDP...but I doubt that would happen as Natives are made in Golden and ZDP is a Japanese steel. I know the Carpenter and Crucible steels are now front and center, but I'm still a big ZDP fan. I guess I just move more slowly these days. Hey...but I recently bought a Composite CPM-S90V/154 Sprint Native so I'm trying to keep up.;)

I have always liked the idea of an Ocelot with a compression lock. I think that design would be a "righteous" folding hunter. Those of you who have held the Ocelot know that the handle has great ergos and is VERY comfortable. However, I think I remember Sal saying Spyderco doesn't have the "rights" to the Ocelot..so that wouldn't happen either.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  14. Tim Broyer

Tim Broyer

Jun 23, 2016
    A non M4 steel Advocate. M4 is great but I need super stainless steels please.

15. Danke42

Danke42

Feb 10, 2015
    Respect in a tool steel with natural G10 scales and have AT Barr tweak the end result with some filework and dress up the scales.

Kill about 3 birds with that stone.

16. Gizler00

Gizler00 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Delica 4 in M4, 3v, or m390

17. GB940Rookie

GB940Rookie

Apr 19, 2016
    GB2 with thicker liners like the GB1 and foliage green g10 scales.

18. Mick_1KRR

Mick_1KRR

May 1, 2016
    PM2 and Military in Grey G-10 with LC200N

19. JNewell

JNewell

Nov 18, 2005
    My 2010 KW exclusive with the M4 blade swapped out for M390 and the black G10 scale swapped out for orange

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

toxophilus and dtoad like this.
  20. John_0917

John_0917

Apr 15, 2014
    LC200N Manix Salt
    Manix in 40CP
    PE Pac Salt with sharp point and LC200N