1. Our COVID-19 response can be found here

YOUR Keychain Knife

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by AlphaDog86, Sep 5, 2018.

1. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    keys.PNG

jmh33 and DB_Cruiser like this.
  2. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    That is my keychain knife. Actually it’s my minimum carry knife. I have been known to clip it onto my keys but I prefer to carry my knife separately.

3. mushka

mushka

Jun 27, 2018
    I don't keep a keychain knife, but if I did it would be an sak classic. As for a teeny weeny flashlight in my 75 years on this planet so far I have never needed one.

jmh33 likes this.
  4. Knives&Lint

Knives&Lint

May 10, 2013
    Another fan of the Rambler here, but I don't carry one on my keychain. Actually I don't carry a keychain in my pocket, just the fob of my vehicle.

I'm really happy with the house key setup that I've been using for the past few years now. My keychain knife is not a knife, but it is made by LionSteel. It is the Eskaper tool, and I don't carry it because it's a kubaton, but rather the way it allows me to carry my keys. It slips perfectly into the webbing of the shoulder strap on my EDC sling pack, which goes with me when I leave the house and typically stays in my vehicle. Then, I use a Key-Bak retractable keyring, so that I can lock/unlock my door without ever having to remove the keychain from the shoulder strap. I never lose my keys, never fumble for my keys, and my house key is accessible right there on my shoulder whenever I'm at the door.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DB_Cruiser, Feca10ne and orangejoe35 like this.
  5. orangejoe35

orangejoe35 The Opposite Platinum Member

Nov 23, 2016
    67882FA3-B5A8-4C57-A659-02B25674DD2E.jpeg

I switched to a Boker Mini Tech Tool.

DB_Cruiser and Feca10ne like this.
  6. Basp2005

Basp2005

Dec 6, 2015
    [​IMG]

DB_Cruiser and Feca10ne like this.
  7. Hale Storm

Hale Storm Kydex Whisperer Gold Member

Sep 18, 2013
    I would swear I posted this before but I guess not.
    My custom Victorinox Rambler.
    Acid washed and stone washed all the tools.
    Changed the liners and pins to solid brass.
    I made new scale material from canvas micarta, blue spacer, and crushed mammoth bone in resin.

Custom Victorinox mammoth Bone (6).jpg Custom Victorinox mammoth Bone (1).jpg

8. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36

Aug 17, 2013
    What a
    What are all those metal rods on your ring ?

By the way I see your i1r2 EOS olight there . Thats a cool light with the micro USB charger .

orangejoe35 likes this.
  9. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36

Aug 17, 2013
    I was going to get a ps4 squirt but the tool I had to chose was going on my motorcycle keychain and I was concerned with the weather causing the exposed implements to rust . This is why I went with the micra . I lost the pliers but gained decent scissors but on a tool that small im not sure pliers that size would have been very useful anyways .

Did you ever have any experience the ps4 squirt tools rusting since theyre exposed in the closed position ?

10. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Mine have never rusted, but I haven't really gotten them wet either unless it was with perspiration. I find the pliers very useful (for small stuff) and it has the small scissor if you're so inclined to use the scissors. Certainly the Micra scissors is more robust.

bigsurbob likes this.
  11. orangejoe35

orangejoe35 The Opposite Platinum Member

Nov 23, 2016

10EF0FCD-F380-42DC-9E00-CD526F1D1A55.jpeg A018F4D9-AD3A-42EF-B243-2E08AFB3A942.jpeg

There’s a titanium toothpick, a three inch ruler in eighth inch graduations, and an ink pen. The toothpick is for a hole in one of my teeth. The other two, I use regularly for work.

Attached Files:

12. tyyreaun

tyyreaun Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2017
    I spent a while looking for my "perfect" keychain knife. Requirements:
    • Small and light (obviously)
    • One handed opening and closing, but also:
    • No risk of it opening by accident
    • No sharp corners, etc., that are likely to damage anything else in my pocket
    • Good steel, very rust resistant
    Spyderco has a few "near misses" - lots of knives that came damn close to meeting my needs but either weren't one-handed (backlocks), or just had something wrong with them that I didn't like (the Cricket, McBee, etc.)

Eventually I ordered a custom from Brad Zinker. Based it on the same design as what Boker used for the Pelican, but added some super thin scale and a lanyard hole, and removed the clip. Works damn well for opening packages and such. Pricey - especially for something that could be confiscated if I forget to remove it before going to the airport or whatever - but it works extremely well.

13. Hale Storm

Hale Storm Kydex Whisperer Gold Member

Sep 18, 2013
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D Reeeeaaaaalllyyyyy....................

Cogam87 likes this.
  14. BP_

BP_ Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2015
    I have kept a little Dragonfly on my keychain for several years now. Disappears in my pocket, very handy to use real quick, and not afraid to pull it off and let someone borrow it to make a cut if necessary. :thumbsup:

15. tyyreaun

tyyreaun Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2017
    Nice - I have both the same pen and the same toothpick :)

The toothpick is awesome just as a pokey thing, for when you need a sharp point - for example, ejecting a SIM card.

bigsurbob likes this.
  16. bflying

bflying Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Some currents.

[​IMG]

And a couple from the past, with those that just didn't stick.

[​IMG]

paulhilborn, DB_Cruiser and Feca10ne like this.
  17. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    The aforementioned world's best nail clippers, if you can find em. Henckels...they'll cut a single hair and I've probably had them at least a decade:cool:

Screenshot_20200206-234024_Photos~2.jpg Screenshot_20200206-234031_Photos~2.jpg

18. stevekolt

stevekolt Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    bigsurbob likes this.
  19. DB_Cruiser

DB_Cruiser Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Vic Classic. I often have a lot of keys and it is uncomfortable to use a knife while attached to the keychain. I made a small slip with a ring so I could pull the knife without the keys. This one was dyed black with home made vinegaroon.

[​IMG]

20. buckeyejake

buckeyejake

Dec 28, 2013
    For the last 22 years a swislite . Long time friend. Not much light ,but in the dark its a trust friend

jmh33 likes this.