Your new Sebbie!!! The 25th!!! **more pics**

Thus, is this going to be the standard production model, replacing the 21 in the lineup?

Hope they make a small. Did they round off the top of the thumb lug more??! I'm all for less pointy

On the upside this means I can go ahead and snag a few more 21's:D

You know I was kidding, but it may be a good idea to snag a few more 21's. Hard to tell, but they may be highly sought after in a few years??? If so, they could be valuable in trade for other Sebenza's you may not be able to get as easy with cash.

Thanks to all for the posts of the pics and the sharing of info about this sweet new CRK Sebbie.

Would be willing to put money down that Lisa ends up with the first one.

I called plaza cutlery and blade hq and both were unaware of the new sebbie coming.

However Tom, at blade HQ was willing to take my name (first in line) for a waiting list. Trying to ask for a serrated one first if they are available.

Great pics again and thanks to BBQ BOY and those at Blade for all the help.

BBQ BOY thanks for posting the pictures. I like the added features and the overall look of the knife.

It was my pleasure y'all. It certainly feels great in the hand. I'm very excited about getting one, especially seeing and handling it first and.
The jimping is definitely more aggressive but not too uncomfortable.
I asked Heather about the small version and she is not certain if they will be made. She said it is still up to Mr. Reeve. It didn't sound good, I'll say that, but, I find it VERY hard to imagine that he would not make a small.
Unfortunately, I forgot to ask about the price of the new Sebbie. Honestly, who cares:)

Thanks for the pics and info BBQ.

I think the price will be inline with the Umnumzaan. Which is close to the Sebenza in price anyways.

But the release date? Very interested in when it's shipping.

Heather was uncertain of te release date, but, made it sound like it would be about 6 months. I guess I could have asked Mr. Reeve while we sat down and talked for 30 minutes. Duh!!!

Heather was uncertain of te release date, but, made it sound like it would be about 6 months. I guess I could have asked Mr. Reeve while we sat down and talked for 30 minutes. Duh!!!

Some guys have all the luck:thumbup:

Not really a huge fan. Ergonomically, it could be hit or miss. Multiple finger cutouts can definitely lead to some hotspots. Have to hold one to see so that is speculation. All I really wanted to see with the sebenza 25 was a 21 with a harder blade, lol.

That is hideous jeezus. The engraving is atrocious, how they would choose that for the 25th year is nuts. Go the class route, not the "comic sans" route.

Like the new washers, pivot and ceramic ball, otherwise, no thanks

That is hideous jeezus. The engraving is atrocious, how they would choose that for the 25th year is nuts. Go the class route, not the "comic sans" route.

Like the new washers, pivot and ceramic ball, otherwise, no thanks

Only the first 25 will have the "hideous engraving"......

Chris D. :D

Sounds like maybe, but if there's no small, does the small 21 continue alongside this one and the large 21 is disco'd?

A small version of the 25 must be coming. No way they make a Large 25 and Small 21.

When will these be ready for sale, I want one sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Definitely wasn't expecting the 2nd finger groove, pretty cool

It seems to be less differentiated from the Um than the 21 is--ceramic ball, thicker blade, thicker pivot (? or is it just the screw head is bigger)

nyfemaker - thanks for answering my questions. :thumbup:

No pivot bushing to control pivot tightness - does this mean back to "Benchmania" and having to tighten and loosen the pivot, plumber's tape, lock-tite and what not, to find the sweet spot where we can thumb flick the blade without blade play.

Just kidding about the flicking but not having touched an Umnazaan pivot (which I've heard references to) how would you adjust the pivot to get that sweet Sebenza perfection?

Sorry for all the questions.

Pics are great and shows us where Chris was hoarding all of his best and shiniest screws...lol :D

nyfemaker - thanks for answering my questions. :thumbup:

No pivot bushing to control pivot tightness - does this mean back to "Benchmania" and having to tighten and loosen the pivot, plumber's tape, lock-tite and what not, to find the sweet spot where we can thumb flick the blade without blade play.

Just kidding about the flicking but not having touched an Umnazaan pivot (which I've heard references to) how would you adjust the pivot to get that sweet Sebenza perfection?

Sorry for all the questions.

Pics are great and shows us where Chris was hoarding all of his best and shiniest screws...lol :D

I would call it trivial to find a good spot with the Umnumzaan. With more, less-steep threads than a normal production pivot screw, the same amount of tightening/loosening of the Um's pivot has less of an impact than doing the same with the normal one, so it's much easier to get precisely where you want it.

The 21's pivot bushing is nice in that you don't have to think about it, but that also means you can't adjust it how you like. I prefer more the Umnumzaan's/25's, truly.

I think i've looked over the pictures about 100 times now...

Things that concern me:

1.No Bushing
2.All the screws are different, and the stop pin back screw is just a pin?
3.Have to tie the lanyard around the backspacer screw, so if it loosens up it will more then likely come in contact with the blade.
4.Whats with the little dimple coming out of the pivot washers? Is there something on the blade or handles which stop the washers from spinning?

Do we have a torn-down picture roll yet!?!

Things that I really like:

1.Blade shape is sweet, I really like the jimping ramp
2.Larger pivot will be nice!
3.Ceramic ball interface
4.Finger choils on the handles look to make grip better.
5.Lockbar cutout is halfway between the regular design and 21 design which looks great!

What it comes down to is I hate winter, but getting a new Sebenza 25 will make it just that much better!

I have NEED! to hold this thing and take it down to make a final judgement, this is all just speculation on my part.

Last edited:
Back