Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

It's been a tough month. No tragedies, thank goodness. Just taxes, star-crossed home repairs, insurance paperwork snafus, deadlines, etc. All the things that make being a grownup no fun. So I told myself that if I got the plumbing done, and filed my taxes (and don't owe any more) before the end of the month I could buy myself a reward. This weekend was a local gun show, and a GEC dealer was there. I rarely get a chance to see and handle these in person. Too many choices. Narrowed it down to a Eureka Jack in buffalo horn:
eureka002_zpscc7fe233.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
And a spearpoint electrician's in nifebrite:
15electrician001_zps20e6163f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

So...........I bought them both!

Congrats on the new GEC's. I love the 92 Eureka Jack, a great pattern and blade combo - one of my favs.

This arrived this morning due to a forum buy and many thanks to Blaine for sending it on to me.
Rootbeer acrylic is some delicious stuff!

I've picked up a couple Schades (USA) and my very first Rough Rider. Found out later, I paid a little too much for the Rough Rider, but I'll live. Prior to that, it was one of the charlow barlows in yellow bone.

This just came in todays mail. The Cocobolo has great ribbons of orange, very pretty wood.

Best regards

Robin
13588464574_5296e340d6.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
13588487844_5a258e6957.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
13588161113_45645d28d9.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

This marvel arrived yesterday and I was able to get a snap of it.I was really fortunate to win this knife in OMR's recent giveaway, many, many thanks Stephen. Real luck as not only is it beautiful but I now have a 25 in all blade styles: Clip, Spear,Sheepfoot and Drop-Point. This is already in use and will be seeing much action, some nice stag giving it total 'hand ergonomics.'

IMG_1309.jpg

Today, Monday, has been very good. Couple of trips to the P.O. to collect valuables. First one is this CASE Mini-Copperhead in Root-Beer Bone. Very decent small knife indeed, good F&F no gripes, nice thick bone slabs. Why haven't I tried one of these before??
IMG_1402.jpg

Later on the same day I had to go back to liberate something else. This Queen Whittler in WCSB that I got from the Sale thread is a knife I've been pursuing for ages, a Golden Fleece no less! Fantastic finish on this example, when Queen does it well, few others can compare.:thumbup:
IMG_1396.jpg

Last edited:
20140429_105237_zps55c764ab.jpg

The crimson case drop point russlock and the green venom "celluloid" RR trapper. I'm not a massive acrylic fan but the "green venom" caught my eye a while ago. I finally tracked this one down and its fantastic.

A couple of my latest; 50th Anniversary Buck 110 Folding Hunters with different tang stamps. By the way the fit, finish, blade action, and lock-up of these 2014 knives rival the ones made in the "good old days" - very pleased with these new Buck's. OH

Buck_110_-_50th_Anniversary_knives.jpg

I got a Cattleman´s Knife by Fightin' Roosters. I sent it back to Carl Schlieper, there were bad gaps and some bladeplay. But I just got it from repair and everything is fine again.

Very nice Wormgroove on that one Jeff.

I'm awaiting a couple of knives myself (getting intolerable :D ) Hope to get some pix up when (if...:eek: ) they arrive

Thanks, Will

Thisold Challenge Cut co showed up on Friday,just in time for a weekend of non stop fondling:D

Have a great day folks.

Best regards

Robin

It's really fine to see some impressive old battleships steaming into view!

Choice knives those Mike and Robin.

thanks, Will

Last week I received my first GEC, a 92 talon wharncliffe with green micarta scales. The 1095 takes a great edge, is already starting to develop a little patina, and the knife feels amazing. After hearing how great GEC knives are from people here, I had very high hopes. This 92 exceeded them; I am blown away. There have been some beautiful knives posted here, thanks for showing yours, so here's mine.. (sorry the pics don't do it justice)

Back