Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

This six-dot XX came last week. The snap on the clip & secondary blades are both a good 7 or 8 & I have an older Case XX Barlow that's the same. I don't know how Case did it, but they sure put together a good solid Barlow.
IMG_0668-X3.jpg

Went by the knife shop today and traded into this '97 Schatt & Morgan in Abalone. Had my sights set on more pearl whittlers, but I couldn't pass on this piece of pocket art. It's about time I owned an abalone anyways. Pics don't even come close to capturing the array of colors, and both sides are equally stunning.View attachment 817710 View attachment 817716 View attachment 817718
Stupendous! I agree, very difficult to capture the depth and colors. I have an old Case in abalone, plus a small Moki MOP with abalone inlay.

Bugdoc Bugdoc asked: "I like the blue on brown look. I have a similar green on brown on a Case Back Pocket I picked up on the exchange. Please explain the 'lime' process."

This was my first attempt at forcing a patina, so I was trying a bit of everything including sticking the blades in a potato for a couple of hours and also wrapping them in a piece of paper towel soaked in white vinegar (which I then covered with plastic wrap just to keep the odor down). In order to darken them a bit more I took a quarter of a lime and just sliced through it a few times with each blade, then let the knife sit open and still covered with lime juice for about a half hour. Yesterday I sliced an apple with the main clip blade and let it sit for a while. I think today I may experiment with hot vinegar while my wife is gone to the grocery store (so she won't complain about the smell :p).

Of course Ace, lime juice. I was thinking some exotic process using mineral lime. LOL

^^^Yes, It's a Catt. You can see the pattern number. I really like the long slim shape, and the way they put the pen in front of the spear. It's very handy, and I really want to carry it, but I also hate to mess with the condition since it's so old. decisions, decisions....
2yn86zf.jpg
Too handsome to keep hidden away IMO!

A couple of Gifted Case in Stag ;

Edited : I have put the above picture in the wrong thread . The pictures below is my latest . WESTERN over U.S.A. 062 over D
Edited : The D indicates that it was made in 1980

Harry
Harry, I was ready to complement you on the Dami stag Case (which does in fact look great) when I got to your new Western, very nice as well. The pivot end bolster shape is quite distinctive. What is the length closed and overall?

Received this practically unused 1999 Moore Maker #5306 Whittler yesterday. It's a size I like, has the right blade shapes and has a great snap on all three blades. I think this will turn out to be a favorite.

I couldn't find any pics of a black version online, but the Moore Maker customer service (great service, very prompt reply) confirmed it was a limited run.

Mark, I agree, that's unique, and great looking. The run number stamped on the bolster is a nice touch.

Christmas gift from my wife and boys, though at 2-1/2 yrs and 3 months old I doubt they were much help in picking it out. Ha! Helped open a couple dinosaur packages though.
I know what will be in my pocket next Christmas!
View attachment 818844

A nice knife. I also got a 63090 for christmas:D Great jr cattle pattern, they should make one in cv as well.

View attachment 818877 View attachment 818878

Great pair of Case Cattlemen gents. I like the prominent backspring pins, and the threaded bolsters on your's Paul really is icing on the cake.:thumbsup:

My latest, this Case Sodbuster Jr, with one of it's mates. (Recycled, too late to get a good pic now.)
HUCZQYS.jpg

Too handsome to keep hidden away IMO!

Harry, I was ready to complement you on the Dami stag Case (which does in fact look great) when I got to your new Western, very nice as well. The pivot end bolster shape is quite distinctive. What is the length closed and overall?

Mark, I agree, that's unique, and great looking. The run number stamped on the bolster is a nice touch.

Great pair of Case Cattlemen gents. I like the prominent backspring pins, and the threaded bolsters on your's Paul really is icing on the cake.:thumbsup:

My latest, this Case Sodbuster Jr, with one of it's mates. (Recycled, too late to get a good pic now.)
HUCZQYS.jpg
Some very distinctive Stag on your Eric's Jack my friend .
The Western : 5.125 Closed /// 9.00 Over-all for both the Regular Clip & the California Clip /// The Bolster is shaped sort of like a Copperhead but not quite . But it does come up high enough to make Sunken Joints . Have not made up my mind on the Handle material , but I think that it is Delrin . I wish it was Bone .

Harry

^^^Yes, It's a Catt. You can see the pattern number. I really like the long slim shape, and the way they put the pen in front of the spear. It's very handy, and I really want to carry it, but I also hate to mess with the condition since it's so old. decisions, decisions....
2yn86zf.jpg
If you want to carry it , then carry it . I would in a heartbeat . I do carry my 120 year old Eye Witness most days . You are only going to go around One Time my friend .

Harry

Back