Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Thanks Jeff. If I remember what you said they also made them in brown bone?

Yes, the one I've got in my pocket right now is brown bone, and I think they also made some in sawcut Delrin and maybe also in horn.
jHRRotF.jpg

If you like the brown bone, don't forget about the brown smooth bone on the Heritage knives.
kjPQ2ML.jpg

YET MORE RON???:D Those BBs are going to become an endangered species at this rate:eek: (for the rest of mankind at least...) Great score as they say, not familiar with that one but I like it! Also like the 3971 Swell Centre Balloon Whittler with Clip/ Pen & Small Clip.

Thanks Will
This one is the same size as the pen model we are so fond of. I’m almost sure it is the same frame, just in a Whittler configuration. Since I retired I have to watch my knife allowance but I may have to check out that 3971. :D

Super day at the Mt Vernon Knife Show. I was amazed by some of the pieces available there. It just goes to show that no matter what size the show you can never tell what may show up. each of these came from different vendors.

Several firsts for me. My first Sowbelly, an amazing 3 blade Cripple Creek/Green River Rendezvous with some of the best jigging I have ever beheld. My first Elk covers, a GEC 68 White Owl in stainless with a clip main. Finally, my first GEC prototype and GEC Pearl, a stunning 1 of 2 Clip Point #25 with Genuine Mother of Pearl.

1uRaEk7.jpg
Love that sowbelly

The following arrived the other day. It is a 4" Case CV 6217 6-Dot (1974 manufacture) Curved Jack referred to by some as a Half Hawk. Obviously it was a user and for it's age is in very good shape. You'll notice in the second picture by looking at the pen blade that the previous owner was an aggressive sharpener. I've resharpened each blade and the edges are now grabby and sharp. The tips of both blades were a tad proud of the frame when I got it but I filed the kick slightly on the sheepfoot blade and it's tip now sits just shy of the frame in the well. I'm going to leave the pen blade sitting just as received as it doesn't interfere with anything. The covers on this knife are jigged, laminated wood (pakkawood) and although pocket worn now were obviously crisp and well defined when it was new. This knife has no chips, cracks, or gaps and will be a nice addition to my herd.

aeAFx04.jpg

BzqRs3U.jpg
I have one of those. Very serious knife. Case called it a loom-fixer.

A forum member happened to see that I was looking for a 78 clip and contacted me out of the blue. I was lucky enough to purchase this absolute beauty from him. I love the porch!
dzlBDqW.jpg

8KC3YFP.jpg

The original owner told me this 78 started out in ebony but then he had it recovered by another forum member with his own cocobolo. I just love the grain in this wood!

A forum member happened to see that I was looking for a 78 clip and contacted me out of the blue. I was lucky enough to purchase this absolute beauty from him. I love the porch!
dzlBDqW.jpg

8KC3YFP.jpg

The original owner told me this 78 started out in ebony but then he had it recovered by another forum member with his own cocobolo. I just love the grain in this wood!
Cocobolo is gorgeous. Got a pair of cocobolo stocks on a 1911 .45 Auto and love them! That's one good-looking knife.

dzlBDqW.jpg

8KC3YFP.jpg

That's a stunner!

20181108-163016.jpg

I think I got a gem here at a bahhgain (get it?) price.
Question is...is this solid rams horn or done the same way as awabi shell and acrylic.?
It's so smooth and translucent...I think it's solid horn tho...just beautiful.
Cheers.
Better pic
20181109-171219.jpg

Last edited:
Back