1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Will Power, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Humppa

Humppa

Jul 25, 2010
    Got this #73 in the day before yesterday - got it shot on the 'Bay. I have hardly seen this version of the #73 with ebony handles and the Northfield trademark - on the mainblade the Un-X-Ld is not etched but punched.

Interessting knife ;) - used though - but by a guy who seemed to know how to treat a pocket knife

[​IMG]

2. festerfromnzed

festerfromnzed

Aug 18, 2008
    ANDI....I really like that knife ..especially the double nicks,nice swedging and lanyard hole...Beautiful.... FES

3. Humppa

Humppa

Jul 25, 2010
    Thanks for the kind words - FES :)

The double nicks are nice, indeed. Everything on this knife is just beautiful. FYI: the tang stamp says it´s made in 2011 ;) - I thought it would have been one of their first production runs at 2006/2007 but I was completelly wrong. So this all makes me more curious about this kind of GEC Northfield :)

4. hartlogan

hartlogan

Sep 13, 2013
    That's the stock sheath :thumbup:

5. takokato

takokato

Mar 16, 2014
    New to me (thanks to pinkpearl8130) GEC #71 in the green canvas micarta. Put a leather lace on it and it's been in my pocket all day, beautiful knife. Now we're BBQing pork steaks and drinking St. Louis beer.

[​IMG]

6. Nerfin

Nerfin

Nov 18, 2012
    I ordered 4 pocket worn orange bone peanut knives (gifts for a special occasion this summer!), and the knife shop called to tell me they arrived.

Of course I browsed around a bit, and asked if he had any Boker stockmen in smooth yellow bone. Nope. Sigh. The shop owner did say that he just got a Boker knife in though and hadn't even opened the package. Disappearing into the stock room he came back with a nice presentation box holding an anniversary edition Boker Camp Knife (celebrating 145 yrs of knife/cutlery manufacturing). He opened it up in front of me, passed it over and after a few minutes of handling the knife I knew it had to be! I have never owned a Boker, and I was very taken by how well it felt in fit in my hand with the smooth Grenadill wood scales, the great fit and finish and smooth as butter opening of the stainless blades and tools each with a nice walk and talk. It was a bit spendy, and an impulse purchase but I figure #0107 of 1869 (the yr Boker started) will be my new lucky number. Also came with a nice leather sheath and chain to attach to the bail.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. xceptnl

xceptnl

Jan 30, 2008
    Thanks to Charlie. His last two are now mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. mr_badexample

mr_badexample

Mar 1, 2012
    66 slim Gabon ebony.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The main rides super low.
    [​IMG]

9. jacobsblades

jacobsblades

Nov 16, 2013
    I've had the tidioute magnum for awhile and it really nice I've gone as far as only caring that some days. Then I saw some pics of the Northfield versions and had to try one! So the northfield is my newest addition. I really like how everything is squared off it gives a totally different feel to it. They are two different knives in hand because off that...now I just had to get my first scratch on it so I can carry it without second thought.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    As usual, a fine haul of new recruits.

Two particularly catch my eye though: xceptnl's Sheepfoot Charlow in White Bone, really admire that knife and would like one myself! The other is Mr.Bad's 66 Slim, what a blade and overall lines! Very glad I've got a couple of them on the way here.

Keep these pictures and details coming, there's always room for another knife in the house eh?:D:thumbup:

Thanks, Will

11. 2Dead

2Dead Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2009
    I believe these 2 are the only traditional knives I've gotten since this thread started... Unless some Boker daggers count :)
    [​IMG]

12. jone

jone

Dec 31, 2012
    That acrylic is simply outstanding!

13. Alnamvet68

Alnamvet68

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

14. joeymoey

joeymoey

Apr 20, 2013
    Nice addition to your collection! You must know the secret password or something. When I asked him a few months ago he didn't have anymore left ~

15. bonzodog

bonzodog Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Indian River Jack,arrived today
    [​IMG]

16. hartlogan

hartlogan

Sep 13, 2013
    Two of my newest, from esnyx

[​IMG]

17. akula83

akula83 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 19, 2008
    [​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG]
    Purple jigged bone #66.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014
  18. addylo

addylo

Oct 28, 2009
    This filled two gaps in my collection. I've been wanting a Case "Purple Haze" and I didn't have a large Stockman. Voila!

Dang, this thing is bigger than I thought! It's a lot of knife.

[​IMG]

Also, I'm getting quite fond of Rough Rider knives. For the money they're hard to beat. This is my third. Couldn't resist getting a Battle Axe. This is also my first Congress.

[​IMG]

19. akula83

akula83 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 19, 2008
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    #66 garnet jigged bone.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  20. arizonaranchman

arizonaranchman

Jan 1, 2012
    How many blades is that one (two?)? Nice!