Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Just got this Boys Knife from Moore Maker.
Ash wood handles and 1095 Carbon steel blade.
Crafted by one of the Canal Street Co-op Cutlers.
Fit and finish is pretty good, I'm mostly pleased if I'm being picky.
Strong pulls and good snap, small gap at the liner, blade is 'mostly' centered.
I'd say it was a good purchase for the price, I really like the knife and it looks pretty sweet.

Just got this Boys Knife from Moore Maker.
Ash wood handles and 1095 Carbon steel blade.
Crafted by one of the Canal Street Co-op Cutlers.
Fit and finish is pretty good, I'm mostly pleased if I'm being picky.
Strong pulls and good snap, small gap at the liner, blade is 'mostly' centered.
I'd say it was a good purchase for the price, I really like the knife and it looks pretty sweet.
Looks nice! I checked them out a few days ago when you posted in the What's On Order thread. Since I just got a couple Red Trouts I decided to wait. Anxious to see how you like it after you use/carry it a few times.

Anxious to see how you like it after you use/carry it a few times
Thanks. :)
So far, I like it.
It's certainly not GEC standard of fit n finish.
But it does have a certain hand-made quality to it.
It feels more robust than your typical GEC #15 knife.
I'll be sure to report back after a few days of getting to know it.

Reactions: AnW
Thanks. :)
So far, I like it. I'll be sure to report back after a few days.

If I order one of these, it's almost a guarantee that GEC will announce single clip blade 15s are coming after the 23 drop.:confused:

it's almost a guarantee that GEC will announce single clip blade 15s
Right?
At a similar price, I'd say the GEC is far superior.
But like I said, this does have a robust, hand-made feel that I like.

I've often eye-balled the Tiny Trappers.
What's your initial thoughts on the knife?

As to use, I only got it late yesterday afternoon so haven't had a chance to use it.

The stag on this knife is very nice. The fit and finish is great if not perfect. No drips runs, errors, gaps, etc.. It's 2 3/8" closed - a tad smaller than the Peanut. Overall, I'd say it could be a good knife for use in a pinch or a Sunday go to meeting knife.

That's what I was thinking too.
Nice knife for church or weddings and such.

Actually John, I didn't get it to use it. I'd been looking at the Tiny Trappers and Mini Trappers for awhile. I ran across this "Stag" Tiny Trapper and bought it on a whim and out of curiosity hoping I would get one with decent stag. I asked the dealer to send me a good one and you can see from the pictures that the stag is very nice for a stag knife from Case these days. Both the Mark side and the Pile side are pretty even but I give the Pile side the nod.

aCgeESf.jpg

CmOYAyP.jpg

Last edited:
An old Case Boys Knife
About the same size as a GEC #14
The stamp looks kinda weird, not sure if it's real or not.
It certainly looks like the model it's supposed to be though.

According to the stamp chart, that is the proper stamp for a knife made between 1940 and 1964... very nice old knife!

4vvyxIY.jpg

z2AdHXy.jpg

zQ3yhxk.jpg

Took some more pics once I got home. Date on the box is 2003, and there's no mention of Taylor on any the box or papers. So I'm assuming end of days Schrade? No gaps, no play, centered blades,excellent fit'n'finish and a smooth action. Only fault is the mark side blade exhibits a tad of blade rap right at the center pin. Overall an excellent knife, to bad Schrade USA couldn't carry on making knives of this caliber. :(

Back