Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Will Power, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Will Power

Will Power Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Knife of a Lifetime there:cool: Must've been like unearthing an archaeological gem , King Tut:D

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  2. Mike Robuck

Mike Robuck Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Thanks Will! Let's just say my knife collection got a bit smaller in order to snag that IXL.

Will Power and Cutfinger like this.
  3. Gevonovich

Gevonovich

Jan 17, 2011
    Yes...indeed !! Those bullseye pins for another. A treasure

Mike Robuck likes this.
  4. Mike Robuck

Mike Robuck Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Good eye!

Will Power and Gevonovich like this.
  5. Scott J.

Scott J. Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 8, 2019
    Very pleased with this one.
    The Oak Scales come from wood reclaimed from Castle Berg in Germany, just outside of Solingen.
    Came super sharp too!![​IMG] [​IMG]

6. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Beautiful!!
    Can’t wait for my mine to arrive :thumbsup:
    Looks like you have a nice set of covers on yours :cool:

Scott J. likes this.
  7. Scott J.

Scott J. Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 8, 2019
    Yeah, I really like it!!
    Thanks for turning me on to it.

TheFactor likes this.
  8. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Your very welcome my Friend !
    I’m so glad your happy with it and you got a really nice one to :)

Scott J. likes this.
  9. JB in LV

JB in LV Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2016
    Just received the Maher & Grosh Texas Ranger (GEC 29). I’d been considering this knife or the stockyard whittler for quite some time. Very happy with the decision; finally preferring the spey and three spring construction over an awl. And comparing it in my mind to my 66 calf roper. Awls are fine, I use one one a SAK Farmer.

@sunknife , finally got one. I prefer the ebony, however GEC does a great job on this style jigging.

047292D7-E4CB-445F-9818-CC1D70EF030C.jpeg 87268DE4-CE92-4FE5-B23D-AD73E90115E7.jpeg C1883DA0-B673-4044-8C2B-C1359E138E34.jpeg

10. sunknife

sunknife Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Very nice JB. :thumbsup: Ya can't go wrong with any of 'em IMO. After I ordered my ebony version I saw some of the appaloosa ones and started second guessing my selection.:D I like the bone color on yours and the shield is just right for these knives. Congrats on finding it.

11. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Civivi gents knife black G-10/CF D2 plain Jane :) in route . Almost went the Damascus but felt the need for some D2 :thumbsup:

12. JB in LV

JB in LV Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2016
    Thank you very much. I agree that I probably couldn’t go wrong. I was backpacking during the 29 release, then procrastinated for a long time and the appaloosa sold out. My first inclination is usually ebony or dark wood traditionals, but I am fine with other materials. I own a couple really nice GEC red jig bone knives (61 and 78), so I had complete confidence. These covers match well and have a tasteful shield.

Prior to ordering, I did go back and read the big 29 thread, and remembered admiring yours as well. It reminded me that I preferred the M&G variation over the stockyard. The blades will be used on some peaches this afternoon, so it won’t stay new out of the box for long. Thanks again!

sunknife likes this.
  13. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    1975 BOKER TREE BRAND Great American Story Lafayette Escadrille Jack Knife #1779

2-Blade Limited Edition Jack Knife. One of a 12 knife series made to celebrate America's Bicentennial. 4 inches closed. 7 inches open. 'BOKER U.S.A. 1779' with tree logo, and serial # tang stamps. Shield features the Lafayette Escadrille. Black synthetic handle. Carbon steel blades. Master blade etched WAR TO END ALL WARS. Nickel Silver bolsters. Brass liner. 7E791161-1029-4C44-9E4A-BB21C8608C73.jpeg

14. KCDR

KCDR Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 19, 2019
    Saw these in stock a little over a week ago and grabbed one. It's my first GEC. Came in today.
    gec1.jpg

Tjstampa, Bigfattyt, Jathes and 11 others like this.
  15. Georgecatl

Georgecatl Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Nice Sheepsfoot with Popcorn Stag Jigged Bone landed in my mailbox today.
    Always a good way to start the week :D
    sheepsfoot 2.jpeg sheepsfoot 1.jpeg

Tjstampa, Jathes, Will Power and 15 others like this.
  16. JonMcD

JonMcD Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2020
    Been saving pennies for this one. Love it!!!
    It even has the backwards P’s etch which is kind of cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    Jathes, Old Engineer, Spaten and 15 others like this.
  17. CHNeal

CHNeal

Nov 24, 2019
    One of the two beasts I’m waiting for arrived today. BA2B0D82-5C0C-407F-9D3B-D57FC5143B85.jpeg
    The 307 is such a great knife. It’s the kinda knife that makes a guy wish he needed to carry it on a daily basis. In case you may not be familiar with the 307 here’s a pic with a 303 ( med stockman). A06D4CFD-AB7D-4EA2-AEE0-7D2414700625.jpeg

Tjstampa, Bigfattyt, Spaten and 12 others like this.
  18. 315

315 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2017
    The 307 definitely fills your hand. A buddy of mind carries one almost exclusively. His hands are huge and he just prefers a substantial knife when he’s using one.

CHNeal likes this.
  19. Jak3

Jak3

Sep 6, 2016
    [​IMG]

These just came in the other day. My first Opinels!

20. AnW

AnW Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 15, 2019
    That is really sweet! I think the Osage was my favorite of that run. I sat it out but those handles were awfully tempting.

JonMcD likes this.