Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Got this 5 1/4 closed IXL jack last week.
lhEkCa5.jpg

Knife of a Lifetime there:cool: Must've been like unearthing an archaeological gem , King Tut:D

Last edited:
Very pleased with this one.
The Oak Scales come from wood reclaimed from Castle Berg in Germany, just outside of Solingen.
Came super sharp too!!
WUFAC8p.jpg
AOAQaNZ.jpg
Beautiful!!
Can’t wait for my mine to arrive :thumbsup:
Looks like you have a nice set of covers on yours :cool:

Just received the Maher & Grosh Texas Ranger (GEC 29). I’d been considering this knife or the stockyard whittler for quite some time. Very happy with the decision; finally preferring the spey and three spring construction over an awl. And comparing it in my mind to my 66 calf roper. Awls are fine, I use one one a SAK Farmer.

sunknife sunknife , finally got one. I prefer the ebony, however GEC does a great job on this style jigging.

047292D7-E4CB-445F-9818-CC1D70EF030C.jpeg87268DE4-CE92-4FE5-B23D-AD73E90115E7.jpeg C1883DA0-B673-4044-8C2B-C1359E138E34.jpeg

Just received the Maher & Grosh Texas Ranger (GEC 29). I’d been considering this knife or the stockyard whittler for quite some time. Very happy with the decision; finally preferring the spey and three spring construction over an awl. And comparing it in my mind to my 66 calf roper. Awls are fine, I use one one a SAK Farmer.

sunknife sunknife , finally got one. I prefer the ebony, however GEC does a great job on this style jigging.

View attachment 1350216View attachment 1350217 View attachment 1350215

Very nice JB. :thumbsup: Ya can't go wrong with any of 'em IMO. After I ordered my ebony version I saw some of the appaloosa ones and started second guessing my selection.:D I like the bone color on yours and the shield is just right for these knives. Congrats on finding it.

Civivi gents knife black G-10/CF D2 plain Jane :) in route . Almost went the Damascus but felt the need for some D2 :thumbsup:

Very nice JB. :thumbsup: Ya can't go wrong with any of 'em IMO. After I ordered my ebony version I saw some of the appaloosa ones and started second guessing my selection.:D I like the bone color on yours and the shield is just right for these knives. Congrats on finding it.

Thank you very much. I agree that I probably couldn’t go wrong. I was backpacking during the 29 release, then procrastinated for a long time and the appaloosa sold out. My first inclination is usually ebony or dark wood traditionals, but I am fine with other materials. I own a couple really nice GEC red jig bone knives (61 and 78), so I had complete confidence. These covers match well and have a tasteful shield.

Prior to ordering, I did go back and read the big 29 thread, and remembered admiring yours as well. It reminded me that I preferred the M&G variation over the stockyard. The blades will be used on some peaches this afternoon, so it won’t stay new out of the box for long. Thanks again!

1975 BOKER TREE BRAND Great American Story Lafayette Escadrille Jack Knife #1779

2-Blade Limited Edition Jack Knife. One of a 12 knife series made to celebrate America's Bicentennial. 4 inches closed. 7 inches open. 'BOKER U.S.A. 1779' with tree logo, and serial # tang stamps. Shield features the Lafayette Escadrille. Black synthetic handle. Carbon steel blades. Master blade etched WAR TO END ALL WARS. Nickel Silver bolsters. Brass liner. 7E791161-1029-4C44-9E4A-BB21C8608C73.jpeg

One of the two beasts I’m waiting for arrived today. View attachment 1351463
The 307 is such a great knife. It’s the kinda knife that makes a guy wish he needed to carry it on a daily basis. In case you may not be familiar with the 307 here’s a pic with a 303 ( med stockman). View attachment 1351465

The 307 definitely fills your hand. A buddy of mind carries one almost exclusively. His hands are huge and he just prefers a substantial knife when he’s using one.

Been saving pennies for this one. Love it!!!
It even has the backwards P’s etch which is kind of cool.

That is really sweet! I think the Osage was my favorite of that run. I sat it out but those handles were awfully tempting.

Back