Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

Remington yellow sawcut delrin Barlow. For a cheaper knife, the F&F is quite good. Half stops. Decent snap. No wobble on either blade.
YellowRemBarlow1.JPG

It goes with my green one and my Camillus. I'm fairly certain these were made by Camillus.

YellowRemBarlow2.JPG

It does have a different main blade than the Camillus,
YellowRemBarlow3.JPG
YellowRemBarlow4.JPG

yellowrembarlow1-jpg.1465231
I like it. :cool::thumbsup:

Just an update on the Boker Barlow Expedition I bought about a month ago. Fit & finish are good, except the blade not being perfectly centered (doesn't hit or have any side play so it's not an issue for me). Action has smoothed out nicely. And in just under 4 weeks of daily handling it has already gotten a decent amount of patina on the brass. I think this model is going have some interesting aging to it as it gets handled over the years. :) Top shot is the day it arrived, bottom shot taken just a little bit ago.
original.jpg

Here at last! (I ordered it Thanksgiving morning.) 3347 cv.
8GJgkoq.jpg

I didn't know they'd gone three-spring on these.
wk5FYzF.jpg
I really like that.... three springs? It looks very slim... looking at the spey and sheepfoot blades, they are slimmer looking than "normal", what ever that is :rolleyes:. I like it because there appears to be minimal-to-no "krinking" of the blades. I might just have to snag one of these... I just wish they made it in bone.... or wood, like the oak sowbelly. :thumbsup:
The 06247 is one of my favorite 2 blade knives... this would be a natural complement to that one. Hmmmmm.....

I really like that.... three springs? It looks very slim... looking at the spey and sheepfoot blades, they are slimmer looking than "normal", what ever that is :rolleyes:. I like it because there appears to be minimal-to-no "krinking" of the blades. I might just have to snag one of these... I just wish they made it in bone.... or wood, like the oak sowbelly. :thumbsup:
The 06247 is one of my favorite 2 blade knives... this would be a natural complement to that one. Hmmmmm.....
The Case 6347 is currently available. CV steel and amber bone.

No crinking. You can still get some blade scuff by pushing the sheepfoot against the clip as you open it.
Here it is between a Western and a Camillobuck 301.
ruOVDyF.jpg

kNpMxHB.jpg

The Case 6347 is currently available. CV steel and amber bone.

Now I have to go find one of those.... I looked at the shepherd place, all of theirs were SS....

No crinking. You can still get some blade scuff by pushing the sheepfoot against the clip as you open it.
Here it is between a Western and a Camillobuck 301.

Thanks for the comparison pics.... that IS a slim stockman. I like it. Mongo have strong feelings for 6347 knife....:D

Now I have to go find one of those.... I looked at the shepherd place, all of theirs were SS....

Thanks for the comparison pics.... that IS a slim stockman. I like it. Mongo have strong feelings for 6347 knife....:D
You are right. I must have looked at the wrong knife (I think it was the 6375). They have an amber bone 6347, but its SS, not CV. Sorry about that :oops:

You are right. I must have looked at the wrong knife (I think it was the 6375). They have an amber bone 6347, but its SS, not CV. Sorry about that :oops:
no worries... I'll still look for it, but at least I can get one in yeller delrin. I guess if I ran out of other things to do, I could try a "re-handle" of the yeller one some day. Maybe do it in osage... :cool:

Back