Your newest addition:traditionals of course!

:thumbsup:
OeuzGqq.jpg

XHvp35C.jpg

and
uI9Uu16.jpg

Just arrived. Boker Barlow in Bog Oak. Blade isn't perfectly centered but not too far off, very minor (as in just noticeable) side-to-side blade play when open - less than the blade play on 5 of 6 of my Case Barlows. Otherwise good fit and finish, action feels OK and should get better after some cleaning/ oiling/ operating. Despite the rough-looking handle material, it is very smooth in the hand. And I like the spear point blade on this.
original.jpg

Just arrived. Boker Barlow in Bog Oak. Blade isn't perfectly centered but not too far off, very minor (as in just noticeable) side-to-side blade play when open - less than the blade play on 5 of 6 of my Case Barlows. Otherwise good fit and finish, action feels OK and should get better after some cleaning/ oiling/ operating. Despite the rough-looking handle material, it is very smooth in the hand. And I like the spear point blade on this.
original.jpg
I got one a few weeks ago and I would describe exactly as you did. It is a great user, and I also really like the blade.

I got one a few weeks ago and I would describe exactly as you did. It is a great user, and I also really like the blade.

I agree.

After a year of buying and trying a bunch of different production knives, for me, the little Bokers are coming out on top.

Nice covers on the swayback :cool::thumbsup: I gotta ask how do you the like slim dom? I'm thinking of getting the copper one.
Thanks My Friend!
The Slim Dom is a keeper to and as the norm fit and finish is first class. Nice and snappy with the perfect pull and feels great In hand to. I couldn’t decide between the Titanium or the Copper I kept going back and fourth between the two lol.
I think you’d be very happy with The Slim Dom what a great knife !

I agree.

After a year of buying and trying a bunch of different production knives, for me, the little Bokers are coming out on top.
Yep, couldn’t agree more. In my opinion, they have an elegance that others like Rough Ryder and Case don’t have. I don’t own a GEC so I can’t speak about those, just not willing to pay that much. That said, these Bokers aren’t cheap either. I think I’m up to 13 now!:)

Yep, couldn’t agree more. In my opinion, they have an elegance that others like Rough Ryder and Case don’t have. I don’t own a GEC so I can’t speak about those, just not willing to pay that much. That said, these Bokers aren’t cheap either. I think I’m up to 13 now!:)

No, not cheap. Only have 5 myself, not sure if that will increase. Quite happy with the size and function of the Barlows. Might have found my "happy space" knives for pocket carry along with SAKs. :)

Now, there are some other knives out there I'd like to get my mitts on, Albers for one example... I'll have to see how things shake out in 2021.

No, not cheap. Only have 5 myself, not sure if that will increase. Quite happy with the size and function of the Barlows. Might have found my "happy space" knives for pocket carry along with SAKs. :)

Now, there are some other knives out there I'd like to get my mitts on, Albers for one example... I'll have to see how things shake out in 2021.
I really like the Carbon bladed versions the most because I use at least 75% of my knives. I have a few limited additions that spend most of the time in the display case but for the most part there is one in my pocket most days.

TheFactor TheFactor
Thanks, you've definitely pushed me into getting the copper one soon, I had been on the fence between getting it or the Viper sowbelly first. To be honest I've been so impressed with this years forum knife that its made me look at these Italian knives in a new light. I really like copper as well especially how it looks with a little age on it. I think these would look even more attractive if the left the "bolster" brushed and give the rest of the grip a hammered copper look.

TheFactor TheFactor
Thanks, you've definitely pushed me into getting the copper one soon, I had been on the fence between getting it or the Viper sowbelly first. To be honest I've been so impressed with this years forum knife that its made me look at these Italian knives in a new light. I really like copper as well especially how it looks with a little age on it. I think these would look even more attractive if the left the "bolster" brushed and give the rest of the grip a hammered copper look.
Your very welcome my friend and the copper is beautiful. I actually just picked up my first copper knife although not a traditional knife.
It’s very heavy but I love it and knew that going in.

I got this one a little bit ago and was going to post it here ... but forgot. And, decided to stop hosting my images on Imgur and use my own host server. So, figured this would be a good test. Anyway, this 2002 single blade doc's knife with Christmas tree jigged green bone will be great for "surgically" opening Christmas cards and packages.

2002DrChrTree1.jpg

This Arthur Wright and Sons Barlow in Stag is a big contender for my most carried in 2021, it came with a few bumps of course, had to file down the kick and the stag had to be oiled, but dammit don’t I love it even more after that. Now it’s mine.

The stag being asymmetric, makes for a really good grip for my southpaw.

Attachments

• 6CC49DE8-195E-4DBC-B245-99B6076E0952.jpeg
    6CC49DE8-195E-4DBC-B245-99B6076E0952.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I ordered another one of these, hoping to get creative with the handle. I had originally envisioned a Ninja Turtles motif, but when it showed up with an anchor stamped on it, I was forced to reevaluate.

I decided blue was in keeping with the nautical theme, and the glitter was required to maintain the subtle elegance of the original piece :rolleyes: (think 1970’s metallic-flake finish fiberglass carnival ride).

My 14 yo old daughter picked this medium ebony stockman with slanted bolsters as her Christmas gift ( from my sister and I ). She does not believe in Santa anymore lol and I would not dream of buying her a knife without asking her first which one she likes ( or clothes for that matter :D )

Upon inspection I noticed a gap between the back spring and liners. It bothered me :eek: ... a lot !!!

Since I only have a 14 day window to return it I called her and asked her.
She basically laughed it off .... not bothered in the slightest and she LOVED it !!!

Blessed child not to have been cursed with my silly perfectionism :).

3CJAdBb.jpg

Last edited:
I should be getting this one back from Javi Garcia in a couple or three days. I wasn’t loving the secondary on the #44 I had and it didn’t sell so I thought, why not see what a mod would look like. I’m excited to see this one first hand now!

78BEBFAA-19FF-4834-BA77-B4D1B75BE9A4.jpeg DDD19632-DA4F-45D5-BD36-D061A5AD44FF.jpeg

Back