Your recent opinion on Nick Shabazz ?

Agreed. The sad thing is people will claim that nobody really needs a pocket knife in an urban setting. Then they will reach for a pair of scissors.

But, the icing on the cake is this... those same people will complain about the condition of the scissors the next time they are used. How they are made out of poor materials, and how co-workers never take care of office equipment, etc.

The next step is when workers start hiding scissors so that they have a "good pair."
I enjoy the box openings with a Bic stick pen.

fwiw, 'knife user' skills to me would be people who use a knife for work, like a chef/butcher or a woodcarver

when these types of professionals talk about knife ergonomics, they have veritas (imho)

Well, dang it....since I only sell truck parts, I'm obviously not qualified to talk about knives anymore. Where's my spoon???

that's just silly - of course you can talk about knives

I'm saying which knife users carry more weight (for me, personally) when they talk about ergos

fwiw, 'knife user' skills to me would be people who use a knife for work, like a chef/butcher or a woodcarver

when these types of professionals talk about knife ergonomics, they have veritas (imho)
So not average people who use knives for average edc tasks talking about average edc knives? Nick doesn't really do kitchen or wood working knife reviews. His reviews are mostly edc type knives used for average edc tasks. His reviews are the topic of this thread.

Gotcha.

But those guys/gals use specialized tools for their jobs. Tools that don’t generally fit in pockets.

What constitutes a “user” of pocket knives? I need me some pocket knife truth.

Me 2. Since the middle 60s a knife has been in my pocket. Nothing is funnier than someone trying to use scissor to cut with .
My old boss:(:confused:
A work shop FULL of box knives . . . she pulls her EDC = folded open scissors to cut open boxes and remove packing slips etc.

I did see something funnier knife wise once though : A machinist (no less) cutting up cardboard boxes with a serrated knife. Sawing away for what seemed like for ever, curls and shavings of the box all over the floor. It was at that moment that I figured that if I ever became a knife guy I wouldn't be into serrated knives for general EDC use. Sure they are good for somethings but . . .

At that point I was into box knives for cutting up boxes. Before the engine machine shop job I worked at a place where we had box knives and a hanging strop so everyone could keep their box knife sharp.

Then I became a knife guy and tried all manner of various folder and fixed blade . . . modifying them thinner or reprofiling them.

Until
I came full circle and now use a box knife to cut up boxes ;) :cool:

This thread has shown me that nick is a decent guy, as well as an asset to our community.

I still imagine this dude when I hear him though
mort-goldman-family-guy-65.3_thumb.jpg

I find the most pure entertainment value in watching him unbox a whole group of really craptasticly horrible knives. Always good for a load of LOL.

I always wonder if he just puts the whole pile in the dumpster when he's done.

So I look him up to see what he is about. Is he also that Tac guy who wears the mask?

Dident see any Ontario SP10 Marine Raider reviews or any BlackJack 125 reviews so have no reason to watch him. Way too many other things to watch.

Last edited:
Back