Your ultimate Zombie Apocalypse knife

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Addicted_to_Knives, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Jason Chambers

Jason Chambers KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2019
    I have one of those too! I love that Japanese bayonet!

Mr.sig239 likes this.
  2. Jason Chambers

Jason Chambers KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 29, 2019
    Ontario USMC bayonet on the end of this.

20181021_162637.jpg

3. ShannonSteelLabs

ShannonSteelLabs KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 9, 2015
    I'd have to say my camp 1 model in 3V. But the 3/16ths version with 10.5 inch blade. Or a kukri of my design with a competition style handle. Definitely capable choppers and tough enough to pry a bit if needed.

Then a smaller 3 or 4 inch fixed blade. Likely and apex in Zfinit. Stainless easy to sharpen, and tough.

dirc likes this.
  4. dirc

dirc

Jan 31, 2018
    you need to make up some 3v 1/8'th stock kukri's and post em here, better yet, we should all roll our own

I believe we're on the cusp of a much larger diy knife community - or maybe that's just the way I think about it
    you know we should get spark to post % stats on how many maker/service provider accounts existed over the years, ie, does the % change with the overall member rate or outpace it?

ShannonSteelLabs likes this.
  5. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    I bet spark has more important things to do.

6. Creaky Bones

Creaky Bones Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2012
    This started out as one of KaBar's Zombie series, so it should do the trick.

[​IMG]

7. ShannonSteelLabs

ShannonSteelLabs KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 9, 2015
    That's a brilliant idea!

Actually
    I have some 15N20 in stock. 3/16ths!!
    Nice and tough steel and lots cheaper.

8. jumpstat

jumpstat

Mar 9, 2007
    I have only 2 fixed blades. The BRK Bravo III and Esee 6 would suffice.

9. Kailash Blades

Kailash Blades KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 21, 2015
    Awesome knife. Sorry to hear you're close enough to the bushfires to things to be that rough. Hope your property and loved ones are staying safe. Thankful to be in Victoria right now.

Jason Chambers and Currawong like this.
  10. Kailash Blades

Kailash Blades KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 21, 2015
    I'd go with my Regent Long knife.
    I've had it for so long and it's been able to handle a lot of very hard use. Easy to sharpen, chops beautifully, can butcher just fine and it's got enough length to it for a bit of distance between you and what needs rekilling.

[​IMG]

With that said we make a few post apocalyptic blades that have garnered a bit of a reputation over the years.
    Check out this hectic Scourge Kukri for example.

[​IMG]

And we've also had a fair few customers commission custom blades with a zombie apocalypse in mind. Check out this camp/fighter hybrid khukuri from a while ago.

[​IMG]

What do you guys think about zombie knives? Do the ones designed and marketed for post apocalyptic use bring much extra to the table or is it better to stick with normal knives that have stood the test of time?
    Take care,
    Andrew and the team at Kailash.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  11. not2sharp

not2sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 1999
    The ideal zombie weapon would be a pike, a tool that permits you to defend from outside of grapple range. It works even better on zombies since they are not tool users and would not try to seize the weapon.

n2s

12. gazz98

gazz98 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2008
    I really want to say the flying sphere from Phantasm but ...

[​IMG]

I'll go with my CS SRK in 3V since it the biggest knife I own.

13. Mannlicher

Mannlicher

Nov 19, 2008
    Randall #14 Attack. 7 1/2 inch 1/4 inch O1 steel. Bulletproof,

14. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    I agree especially when things get up close and personal.

15. Black Oak Bladeworks

Black Oak Bladeworks KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 5, 2019
    I would take my Fallkniven a1. I would probably just use it as a tool and a back up weapon if I had to.

16. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    I'm counting on the zombies not really knowing how to fight with weapons.