Zero tolerance 0777

Does anyone know when this beauty will come out?

061111BladeSat124.jpg

one of the most gorgeous knives i've seen:eek:
surely it will be my first ZT knfe.
what do you say, like it?

thanks for looking:)

"Delivery Date: We just talked to ZT and they have told us the first run is expected next Spring. I know, I know, that is a long time to wait, but we are at the front of the list and it will be worth it!"

From BladeHQ.com

This dude did a video of it:

[video=youtube;rOKm7s9bLGw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOKm7s9bLGw[/video]

All of the people who held it seemed to fall in love with it. I personally can't wait for it to come out!

"Delivery Date: We just talked to ZT and they have told us the first run is expected next Spring. I know, I know, that is a long time to wait, but we are at the front of the list and it will be worth it!"

From BladeHQ.com

The question is if they talked with CS or with Thomas. Thomas seemed to think by the end of this year, others said by the end of Winter. Then again, who knows? It shall be a mystery. But hey, I like surprises :D

I love the design...
I don't like the price and really don't like the steel choice. Honestly don't see the point of very tough steel with edge retention of 440c on this folder.

I love the design...
I don't like the price and really don't like the steel choice. Honestly don't see the point of very tough steel with edge retention of 440c on this folder.

is the blade 440C??:eek:

For $480 it better have some super steel in it with a good portion of it's weight being vanadium. Tough belongs in a fixed blade, I want wear resistance. I definitely won't even think about it if it has the edge holding of 440C. At that price I'm not even worried about trying to pre order it. If I want a folder that has tough corrosion resistant steel, I will buy a $50 Spyderco Salt knife.

It's funny how everyone complains about Benchmade and their MAPP pricing, but no one ever says anything about ZT and their MAPP policy. I don't know any store that sells ZT for less than MAPP, but Benchmade can be had for a good price at quite a few stores.

I actually don't mind if the delivery date is next spring. That means I can grab a new 1911 or Sig Elite some time in the next few months and not worry about straining my budget.

It's funny how everyone complains about Benchmade and their MAPP pricing, but no one ever says anything about ZT and their MAPP policy. I don't know any store that sells ZT for less than MAPP, but Benchmade can be had for a good price at quite a few stores.

There are a few dealers that sell ZT's below map. I scored my 0301 for $189 shipped over a year ago. Of course given low stock lately, prices may be volatile.

For $480 it better have some super steel in it with a good portion of it's weight being vanadium. Tough belongs in a fixed blade, I want wear resistance. I definitely won't even think about it if it has the edge holding of 440C. At that price I'm not even worried about trying to pre order it. If I want a folder that has tough corrosion resistant steel, I will buy a $50 Spyderco Salt knife.

kind of gotta agree with you,I'd rather have 440c and knock $250.00 off the price

is it the N360 microclean...... top of the bracket ? that seems to be better than 440c just a thought......

That N360 seems barely better than 440C in the charts. Boker has produced healthy blades of N690BO in the $200 - $300 street price range, folders and fixed alike. Benchmade has employed M390 for a while - from my ~$150 street price pry-bar 755 MPR to a recent similarly priced CF-scaled 'Gent's knife' in the 480-1 Shoki. Then there is the El Max bladed ZT 0551 - mine was $200 locally. No, I don't see the metal cost as a significant factor in that ZT 0777 price. Machining will be a bit more costly - but not that much, either. High set-up cost for a limited run - more likely the cause of the big bucks estimated. I wonder what a 0300/0301/0302 would cost today - in similar low production numbers?

Stainz

Does anyone know when this beauty will come out?

one of the most gorgeous knives i've seen:eek:
surely it will be my first ZT knfe.
what do you say, like it?

thanks for looking:)
Hi mantzao.

Thanks for the nice words one the design. In case you have yet to see it, there was a nice long thread on the 0777 here http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/853890-First-Look-ZT-0777

It seems a lot of people like the 0777, as it just won the 2011 Overall Knife of the Year, and dealer pre-orders have exceeded anything we could have imagined. :)

This may be the fist time I've seen negativity when it comes to bringing on a new high end steel, let alone when paired with Devin's damascus. :confused: Not sure how to address this.

Some of the posts here are...very General.

Until I get the knife in my hand and actually use it, I cannot comment on the steel. Doesn't matter what the steel is, people can throw anecdotal comments out until the cows come home, putting it to use is the only way to really tell. I'm diggin' that design, it's something that the knife community will really benefit from, I'd even say that it raises the bar to a large extent across all levels of tactical/large style folders. What would really be a treat is to have this knife in a full DT Herringbone Damascus. Zoinks! :D

Hi mantzao.

Thanks for the nice words one the design. In case you have yet to see it, there was a nice long thread on the 0777 here http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/853890-First-Look-ZT-0777

It seems a lot of people like the 0777, as it just won the 2011 Overall Knife of the Year, and dealer pre-orders have exceeded anything we could have imagined. :)

This may be the fist time I've seen negativity when it comes to bringing on a new high end steel, let alone when paired with Devin's damascus. :confused: Not sure how to address this.

Looking at the steel chart the n360 doesn't seem all that great?? now m390 different story.The knife though is one of the best looking knives I've ever seen

Hi mantzao.

No need to thank mate, it really is a beauty;)
I really was amazed when people said it was 440c!
Don't get me wrong, for the most tasks i use my knives for even the cheapest stainless steel would do the job:lol:
However, for that price, i thought it would have a mega, ultra, hyper end steel so that's why i was surprised:D
Thanks for the link, i appreciate it.

This one's ridiculously stunning!!
Wich i could afford it:(

[video=youtube;SclqAnteNPI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SclqAnteNPI&feature=feedu[/video]

Back