Zero tolerance 0777

So, I've Known That The 0777 Is Coming Out For a While Now, And I Am Excited.
But We Need To Put Into Thought That I Am A Broke Young Girl.
It Seems Like An AMAZING Knife, But The Thing Is, I Could Probably Get A Damascus Blade And Carbon Fiber Handle Done For My 0400 For A Couple Hundred Bucks.
And I Could Get It Done Is s30v Most Likely.
I Love My 0400, It's a $130 Knife, s30v Steel, Big Thick Liner Lock, Nice Grippy Handles, And A Very Nice Look.
I Would Love To Have The 0700, But I Do Think It's A Little Overpriced.

The price is a reflection of the limited availability, the extra time that goes into the design, time to engineer the design into a real knife, and extra manufacturing time for the various new features. If the prices were solely based on materials used, a BMW should cost the same as a Ford. For what the 0777 represents as a whole, the cost is fair, even though I wish it was lower.

Personally, I'd love a small variant. That would be a kind of futuristic gentlemen knife.

Very nice knife indeed. Beautiful!
The blade steel is not an issue as long as it is a decent steel and HT is good.

Last edited:
i disagree I dont think its overpriced at all if you bought a custom with these materials you would be spending well over 1000 for this knife

It Seems Like An AMAZING Knife, But The Thing Is, I Could Probably Get A Damascus Blade And Carbon Fiber Handle Done For My 0400 For A Couple Hundred Bucks.
I Love My 0400, It's a $130 Knife, s30v Steel, Big Thick Liner Lock, Nice Grippy Handles, And A Very Nice Look.

Damn, that's pretty. think I'll wait and see if the offer any other choices of blade steel, though.

No, not exactly overpriced. The cost of machining, materials, importing the steel, etc. I guess it's easy to say it's overpriced when someone has no realistic reference point to base cost off of. You'll learn ;).

Damn, that's pretty. think I'll wait and see if the offer any other choices of blade steel, though.
Might be witing a while. Grab one if you can.

How much would the price have gone up if they had used Elmax or something similar?

Dunno. But if it was possible, IMO a titanium instead of damascus spine would be even cooler. You could anodize the spine a different color or in a fancy pattern and corrosion at the pivot for users would be a non-issue.

Regardless, I'm still going to follow through on my preorder.

Not quite..

+1 for Revs response

Increased toughness will support a more acute edge angle? I thought toughness resists chipping and fractures for the most part. In my experience it is harder steels and steels with lots of carbides that will support an acute edge. Tough steels just roll along the edge when ground thin.

Regardless a tough steel belongs in a fixed blade not a folder. I have plenty of knives that hold an edge similar to 440C and I don't carry them anymore. I don't like a knife that gets dull before the end of the day and doesn't keep a sharp edge for long. I can easily tell a difference between high wear resistant steels and lower wear resistant steels that have higher toughness. Guess that makes me a steel snob.

When I read the manufacture spec sheet and saw where it fell I canceled my order. I'm sure many people won't use it because of the price but it would go straight in my pocket. Maybe another variation will be made with a high wear resistant steel. The Tilt still isn't out and it was first shown almost a year and a half ago. How long will it be until this one is available? The 550 is still waiting on steel too if I remember right.

I would love to have one but I have enough knives and blade steel is one thing I don't compromise with anymore even if only based a a spec sheet and speculation.

I am in lust with the triple7, but I have to agree with the above.

The knife is costly, and that means we want a new super steel. Well, this N360 is a super steel - but not super in a way that makes my pants tighter. Sure, it has super corrosion resistance, but there are already steels that do that. The super trait that I (and a lot of other people I would imagine) want is edge holding (wear resistance). I want a steel that will take a wicked edge, and hold that sharpness until I'm sick of cutting with it. I am sure that given the cost of this knife, KAI could have used one of the latest and greatest edge holders. I would have loved to have seen something exotic like 110V or 10V or the like in this knife. I would have gladly given some corrosion resistance and toughness for a new badass edge holder. Why do we need all of that toughness in a folder, and THIS folder none the less? I agree, extreme toughness belongs in a fixed blade. This knife was meant to CUT, and that it would have excelled at with an extremely wear resistant steel. I will probably not buy one, as I too would have wanted a new steel that would blow my mind. Hell, I would have been elated with something like S90V or CTS-20CP.

Still, it's a gorgeous knife with excellent steel - but the steel excels at something that I don't care for. Just my .02.

It would be awesome though if they made a non-damascus version that went with a different blade steel. As I mentioned earlier, if there was a way to composite a Ti spine and a higher performance steel, they could still achieve the same aesthetic impact, but reach out towards the performance oriented market.

It would be awesome though if they made a non-damascus version that went with a different blade steel. As I mentioned earlier, if there was a way to composite a Ti spine and a higher performance steel, they could still achieve the same aesthetic impact, but reach out towards the performance oriented market.
I think I found a several thousand dollar knife that had a titanium spine and handle "explosion bonded" with S30V. I wasn't going to pay several thousand for it though;).

I too feel that the "super" tough and corrosion resistant properly was made a moot point with the damascus spine, depending on how you use the knife I suppose. I don't think prying is in the books given the price tag of the knife, so any concerns about the toughness of the damascus shouldn't be an issue. Not big enough to chop with, though I suppose some idiot would try to baton with it. Accidental run-ins with staples and nails might showcase the toughness of the edge when you find it rolls rather than chip, though I suppose it would depend on the final hardness of the knife. Of course again, my concern is merely with the corrosion resistance. I don't know how corrosion resistant the damascus will be and whether or not it can compare with N360. Though again, I don't see myself diving with this knife, so that may be a moot point either way.

Price-wise, I feel this is going to be like the other limited runs from Kershaw and thus, as eye popping as a near $500 price tag sounds, it probably still costs them more to make the knife in the first place. Again, the Kershaw Tilt in my hand easily feels like a $400 knife rather than the $225 I paid for it.

I certainly hope there might be a possibility for a regular production run of this design with just a solid Elmax or N360 blade, and perhaps G10 over the titanium rather than the carbon fiber if we want to push the price down some more. It would be interesting to see if the design can combine the strengths of both the linerlock(having a solid G10 backing for the liner to brace against) and the framelock(thicker and slower wearing contact surface) into one package.

Back