Zero Tolerance Current/Upcoming/Discontinued Models

Was just asking a question....not up in arms to bring back the 392. Besides, I wasn't able to get one when they we're out, at the time it was way above my price range and they became harder and harder to find. Plus secondary market gougers didn't help. Personally I would like to see a special edition of the 0850, I wish ZT did more thumb stud washers because they did it really well with that model.

Sorry if that was harsh, but the idea that they're done make 039x knives makes me want to do a happy dance. I was getting really tired of seeing "new limited ZT" announcements only to discover they were yet another 039x variant.

I agree completely about the 0850--that has become one of my favorites. The action on mine is unbelievably smooth . . .

I was getting really tired of seeing "new limited ZT" announcements only to discover they were yet another 039x variant.
Yeah that was a little ridiculous, not very limited when you come consistently come out with different variants, but can't blame them, those things sold out in minutes. I really do like ZT but at the same time I want more from them than just flippers on bearings, probably an unpopular opinion but ehh.

I thought the 0393 wasn't gone, the blue one just got replaced with the "working finish" model with glow in the dark CF scales and a nice price bump?

I loved my 0392BLK but as I was only able to get one I ended up selling it. Things that look that nice I can't bring myself to use unless I have a back-up to keep mint. Those always sold so fast when they were available.

ZT really should make the 0566cfbw...

Yes. I want a 0566TIBW too.

Basically a Blackwash Cryo II in full Ti / 20CV. And make a full Bearing version exactly like it.
I’d buy about 5 of each!

Does ZT have a history of resurrecting older models at all? Or when they’re done, they’re done?

Does ZT have a history of resurrecting older models at all? Or when they’re done, they’re done?

ZT has resurrected old discontinued models, sometimes as Sprint Runs / Exclusives and sometimes with a variation as a Production model (like 0801).

ZT has resurrected old discontinued models, sometimes as Sprint Runs / Exclusives and sometimes with a variation as a Production model (like 0801).

The 0562/0562ts is a prime example of that. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for a 0801tibw someday.....I just purchased a 0801bw today, always wanted one and they are getting hard to find bnib. Such good flippers the 0801s are.

Have you ever kinda turned your nose up at something, then kicked yourself for waiting so long to finally give it a try?

For the longest time, I wouldn't give the 0566 the time of day. It wasn't big enough, it wasn't tactical enough, it didn't have any standout features, it couldn't do anything my 350 wasn't already doing, etc. It was just painfully too good of an average EDC knife to fit my more eclectic tastes.

I was poking around the local gun haunt with a bit of store credit and a 5% off coupon I got for my birthday and decided that I wanted something new in the $150 range. Of course, with ZT that's a pretty limited budget. About the only thing they had in the case around that price was a couple of variations of the 350. Then I saw way down at the bottom, a stonewashed 0566 in S35VN. I asked the guy to fish it out for me. Once closed in hand....hmm, not a bad size for EDC. I have monster folders for the hard use I often envision needing them for but seldom actually putting them through the paces.
Then I fired the AO and found how nicely it locked into my hand. Very deep with great control. The stout blade should handle most any work chore but the more pocket friendly size means I'll be more apt to have it on me. The G10 is grippy and quite comfortable.

Nice little EDC, and seems to lock up like a vault:)

Have you ever kinda turned your nose up at something, then kicked yourself for waiting so long to finally give it a try?

For the longest time, I wouldn't give the 0566 the time of day. It wasn't big enough, it wasn't tactical enough, it didn't have any standout features, it couldn't do anything my 350 wasn't already doing, etc. It was just painfully too good of an average EDC knife to fit my more eclectic tastes.

I was poking around the local gun haunt with a bit of store credit and a 5% off coupon I got for my birthday and decided that I wanted something new in the $150 range. Of course, with ZT that's a pretty limited budget. About the only thing they had in the case around that price was a couple of variations of the 350. Then I saw way down at the bottom, a stonewashed 0566 in S35VN. I asked the guy to fish it out for me. Once closed in hand....hmm, not a bad size for EDC. I have monster folders for the hard use I often envision needing them for but seldom actually putting them through the paces.
Then I fired the AO and found how nicely it locked into my hand. Very deep with great control. The stout blade should handle most any work chore but the more pocket friendly size means I'll be more apt to have it on me. The G10 is grippy and quite comfortable.

The 0566 is a very underrated knife. I carry mine frequently.

I love my 0566’s, I think it’s the perfect sized EDC. That being said I wish ZT used titanium and KVT bearings on it. Possibly lighten it up a bit too. I’d also love to see those features on a full ti model like the 0562ti. I’d be all over that.

Any way we can make a demand?

We want:

0566Ti (KVT)
0566TiBW (KVT)
0566TiCF (KVT)
0566TiCFBW (KVT)

Do it ZT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need a petition!

My petition will be for a permanent model 0452Ti in 20CV like the 562 just got.

That and an up-sized 0609 (make it the same size as the 0606).

My Petition would be for a ZT 0560BW (or TS) in 20CV, Updated ZT 0301 model 20CV or s35vn, KVT & weight reduced cut outs and a ZT 0566BW(or TS) with a titanium framelock and KVT.

I love my 0566’s, I think it’s the perfect sized EDC. That being said I wish ZT used titanium and KVT bearings on it. Possibly lighten it up a bit too. I’d also love to see those features on a full ti model like the 0562ti. I’d be all over that.

Yeah at first I was a little meh on the steel frame having titanium with all my other ZT frame locks. However, I'm not entirely sure that the insert on the TI frames doesn't contribute lock slippage that some ZTs seem to have. I gave my 0566 the duct tape tap test, and so far so good.

I do like the price point of the steel though. I have a psychological hang up on using knives over $175 hard. Its weird, I know. However I can see myself using this knife as hard as I have my 350 while the rest of my super steep collection slices paper from time to time.

Not a fan of the busy and cheap looking handle of 0393. It was disc'd probably because it did not sell well.

If KAI brings back 0392 and 0606, I will buy two for each.

Last edited:
As much as I liked the 392 and maybe even the 393's blade shape better the extra scales on the handle soured me on the 393.

Yes. I want a 0566TIBW too.

I'd buy one and keep my 0566BW which I just got after carrying a 0350BW for a year, I avoided the ELMAX 0566BW, got it in S35VN...The 0350 is faster on the push out, but I really like the size of the 0566...

qdc0pSw.jpg

I'd buy one and keep my 0566BW which I just got after carrying a 0350BW for a year, I avoided the ELMAX 0566BW, got it in S35VN...The 0350 is faster on the push out, but I really like the size of the 0566...

qdc0pSw.jpg
I noticed the 350 fired faster as well. I had my 350 in my truck right after I got the 566 and figured the 350 was just broken more.

Thinking about it now, maybe the frame lock just puts a bit more pressure on the blade to slow it down a tick.

Thinking about it now, maybe the frame lock just puts a bit more pressure on the blade to slow it down a tick.

It is the frame lock, specifically the hardend nub (for lack of the correct word) on the inside of the lock that rides on the lock side of the blade, the 0350 frame lock doesn't have the nub.

Back