Zippo Knives

That sounds good, I’m looking forward to seeing the mini copperlock. Going out on a limb here Ed, but I’m predicting that you’re going to have some new favorites soon!
🤣🤣🤣
I can’t hear you I have my hands over my ears and I’m singing La La La La La. La 🤣
But with that being said I think your right 😁

znhc5Dz.jpg

Wonder if Zippo will come out with a two blade pattern like a jack or canoe, and a 3 to 5 or 6 blade stockman.

I know I'm in the vast minority, but I prefer multi blades over single blades.

I know I'm in the vast minority, but I prefer multi blades over single blades.

I like both single and multi-blade knives. Single blades are good EDC knives, and multi-blade knives allow you access to another blade for whittling, or if the main blade gets dull.

I like both single and multi-blade knives. Single blades are good EDC knives, and multi-blade knives allow you access to another blade for whittling, or if the main blade gets dull.
Multi's are a good EDC too.
I generally have a 3 blade stockman (misplaced or lost my 5 blade sowbelly stockman 😭) and a two blade canoe, moose, or Barlow in my pocket. I've taken to carrying my "required" 4 blade Scout/Camp/Demo/engineer's knife clipped to my rollator, instead of in my pocket.
Once in a Chartreuse, pink and purple plaid moon, I'll substitute a Sodbuster JR. for whatever two blade I was carrying, or add a hawkbill if I'll be harvesting from the veggie garden.
Only single blade I normally carry (in addition to what is in my pocket) is a Buck 110 or Old Timer 7OT, on my belt.
It isn't unusual for me to swap in a 2 blade slipjoint folding hunter for the 110/7OT on my belt, though.

Only single blade I've carried every day (and night) since 11/05/2021, is a 3 3/8 inch OAL Toferner Celtic pocket/neck knife.

Multi's are a good EDC too.
I generally have a 3 blade stockman (misplaced or lost my 5 blade sowbelly stockman 😭) and a two blade canoe, moose, or Barlow in my pocket. I've taken to carrying my "required" 4 blade Scout/Camp/Demo/engineer's knife clipped to my rollator, instead of in my pocket.
Once in a Chartreuse, pink and purple plaid moon, I'll substitute a Sodbuster JR. for whatever two blade I was carrying, or add a hawkbill if I'll be harvesting from the veggie garden.
Only single blade I normally carry (in addition to what is in my pocket) is a Buck 110 or Old Timer 7OT, on my belt.
It isn't unusual for me to swap in a 2 blade slipjoint folding hunter for the 110/7OT on my belt, though.

Only single blade I've carried every day (and night) since 11/05/2021, is a 3 3/8 inch OAL Toferner Celtic pocket/neck knife.

I didn't mean to imply that multi-blade knives weren't good EDC knives. Everybody's different. Me, I like variety, so I tend to want to carry a lot of different knives over the course of a year, or even a month. I tend to EDC single blade knives most days, however, if I am going to be doing any whittling, or certain tasks where more than one blade might come in handy, I'll go with a multi-blade knife those days. The reason I prefer single blade knives most days for EDC is that they tend to be thinner and lighter, when other factors are equal.

To each their own. Viva la difference!

Case makes a BUNCH of multi-blade knives... I have many.
It's a nice change to see some being made in single blade configurations.
True. However, from what I've seen in this thread, the QC on the ZIPPO knives seems not to be hit or miss, like the current crop of CASE branded knives.
I know there are many here who say they won't buy a current production Case branded knife without handling it, to make sure they don't get one they'll have to send in to Case to fix something that isn't a cosmetic defect.
I can only shop online.
I don't have access to the post office to send something out.
Truth to tell, I don't want to buy say the 4 inch or 4.25 inch CV Stockman, for example, and have to send it to Case and wait a month or more in the hope that Case fixed the non-cosmetic issue.
I'm "greedy". When I get a new knife in, I want to be able to carry and use it right away; not a month or more later.

Last edited:
True. However, from what I've seen in this thread, the QC on the ZIPPO knives seems not to be hit or miss, like the current crop of CASE branded knives.
I know there are many here who say they won't buy a current production Case branded knife without handling it, to make sure they don't get one they'll have to send in to Case to fix something that isn't a cosmetic defect.
I can only shop online.
I don't have access to the post office to send something out.
Truth to tell, I don't want to buy say the 4 inch or 4.25 inch CV Stockman, for example, and have to send it to Case and wait a month or more in the hope that Case fixed the non-cosmetic issue.
I'm "greedy". When I get a new knife in, I want to be able to carry and use it right away; not a month or more later.
I have to agree with your take on QC on the Zippo/Case knives, at least the one I received. I have a handful of “Modern” Case knives and this one is imho the best in terms of fit and finish of the lot. Granted this is an antidotal assessment but hey, I’m happy 😃.

Not sure I agree with that. The Zippo has the same small issues that my recent Case purchases have had. And I think the guys that complain about the Case QC will also be complaining about the Zippo QC... some people are harder to please than others..
This beautiful Zippo/Case Mini Copperlock just arrived and another fine example
Advertising for that dealer again? 🙃

Last edited:
Back