~~~ZT 0562CF & 0620CF now only in Carpenter CTS-204P

I'll be happy to be able to pay the actual retailers' rate (even if @ MAP). I just haven't been quick enough to get the 0562CF.

I paid over for a 0620CF, and was glad to have it. Now I just need to clear out a couple, to afford the 0562CF.

It'll be cool to do a side-by-side comparison of the M390's vs the 204P's.
- Since they are almost identical steels, I doubt anyone could see a difference in real world use. I have a ZT0620CF and a ZT0392 and I have not noticed a single difference in performance. They also took the same amount of time and effort to reprofile on my Wicked Edge.

We got the same letter this morning. Stoked to finally know we will get more of these in. I think the new steel will be a plus for everyone!

This is crazy to hear. Now I'm torn as to what to do with my 0562CF and 0620CF. I might just get the Carpenter versions and make these safe queens.

Some people love to complain about every unforeseen change on the spec sheet, but it's hard to find a reason why anyone would be bothered by this move. CTS-204P is identical to M390, readily available and USA-made... what's the downside? I've got one of the M390 ZT 0562CF's, but I'd probably trade it for a CTS-204P; I don't see why the M390 versions would be any more collectible than the CTS-204P, unless you're a ZT 'completist'. If it was a switch from M390 to S30V, or something like S90V to N690co, I'd definitely feel short-changed if I had a pre-order. But ZT exchanged M390 for an identical proprietary equivalent, a very fair decision.

I dont plan on treating my m390 0562cf any different. Its cool to know it will be that little bit more unique though.

The cts204p on my 0454 and 0392 seems top notch!

I dont plan on treating my m390 0562cf any different. Its cool to know it will be that little bit more unique though.

The cts204p on my 0454 and 0392 seems top notch!

Agreed. I carry mine a lot, it's got fine scratches in the blade already, and I'm not bothered in the slightest. I LOVE this knife, and was lucky to score it when they first came out.

This is crazy to hear. Now I'm torn as to what to do with my 0562CF and 0620CF. I might just get the Carpenter versions and make these safe queens.
Is there a particular reason that you would make them safe queens? They are standard production knives that most likely will NOT increase in value. Especially since the replacement steel is virtually identical.

Is there a particular reason that you would make them safe queens? They are standard production knives that most likely will NOT increase in value. Especially since the replacement steel is virtually identical.

People are already asking upwards of $400 for the M390's. I don't know if people are buying them, but I have no doubt they'll sell for more. I know I won't be paying a premium for that factor, but I wouldn't be surprised if other people do. The knife market is crazy sometimes.

People are already asking upwards of $400 for the M390's. I don't know if people are buying them, but I have no doubt they'll sell for more. I know I won't be paying a premium for that factor, but I wouldn't be surprised if other people do. The knife market is crazy sometimes.

Wait, what? $400 for what M390? Where are people asking that much for ZTs at? I'm guessing it's on that "exceptionally Big auctions, yeah?" site.

Wait, what? $400 for what M390? Where are people asking that much for ZTs at? I'm guessing it's on that "exceptionally Big auctions, yeah?" site.

Yes, you got it. I just searched for, "0652CF" and these popped up. I see one for $349, another for $449.95, and like three at $400. The only one with actual bidding is up to $280 with two days left. I'm guessing it'll go for just under $349, the least expensive BIN, currently. I'm more than happy with my two hundred dollar 0562 G10/ELMAX. It's currently my all-time favorite. I don't know what I'm missing with the M390/CF, but at those prices I cannot care. I prefer G10, especially with the cost savings, since I'm semi-frugal. :)

Yes, you got it. I just searched for, "0652CF" and these popped up. I see one for $349, another for $449.95, and like three at $400. The only one with actual bidding is up to $280 with two days left. I'm guessing it'll go for just under $349, the least expensive BIN, currently. I'm more than happy with my two hundred dollar 0562 G10/ELMAX. It's currently my all-time favorite. I don't know what I'm missing with the M390/CF, but at those prices I cannot care. I prefer G10, especially with the cost savings, since I'm semi-frugal. :)

I will tell you that unless you are beating on the knife VERY hard, there's not much your G10/ELMAX 0562 gives up to my CF/M390 one, brother. It's an excellent knife in either version, that's a fact. :thumbup:

16004168411_b69846b920_b.jpg

Elmax has been given a hard time, but it's pretty close to M390, chemically, and I've had nothing but good experiences with it. Higher carbon than s30v, higher chromium, similar vanadium content. The G-10 0562 is really nice, and a great deal. That said, I passed on it to spend a good while hunting down the 0562CF, a frustrating endeavor that eventually panned out.

Honestly, my 0562CF has basically been a safe queen since I've gotten it. I've carried it, taken plenty of pics, but I've never used it for more than paper. My 0620CF is basically the same thing, but I'm more willing to carry it. Like someone said already, the 0562CFs have been going for a pretty penny already, and they will most likely rise in price. I will keep it in the safe in case the price gets to the point where I wouldn't mind selling the M390 for the carpenters steel.

Honestly, my 0562CF has basically been a safe queen since I've gotten it. I've carried it, taken plenty of pics, but I've never used it for more than paper. My 0620CF is basically the same thing, but I'm more willing to carry it. Like someone said already, the 0562CFs have been going for a pretty penny already, and they will most likely rise in price. I will keep it in the safe in case the price gets to the point where I wouldn't mind selling the M390 for the carpenters steel.
- To each, their own. Life's too short to me to not enjoy the best things in life I can afford. I use my ZT0777, ZT0392 and ZT0620CF all of the time to cut things. The edge holds up very well. I won't sell any of the knives since I love using them, but as long as you don't abuse the knife, you can still sell it for a good amount of money.

But I also feel that knives aren't that great of an investment. You can make a lot more money buying and selling stocks. ;)

Im looking forward to picking up a CF 562 , wanted one when I picked up my G-10 Elmax 562 that I'm very happy with but love CF and can't wait to get my hands on one with the new steel 👍🏻
I also have A KSF CF770 M4 to hold me over and what a nice blade !

Love the action and feel of these 562's though !

Last edited:
http://www.yourknife.ru/ero-tolerance/1277-t-9.html

No rifle mounting hardware. Still, these are apparently US ITAR import regulated (or the Russian export equivalent). So it'll be tricky to get one shipped over.

However, my 0454204P appears lost in the mail, so it'll be awhile before I try another Russian knife buy.

I prefer the regular ZT-9 (even though my rifle doesn't have a bayonet lug gas block). The Russian version is as ugly as it is rare - no reason to get it unless you are an absolute collector.

Back