ZT Fans

Send it to KAI! I know it sucks but they will tune the lockup for you without issue. Your knife is not ruined. They will even give you spare lockbar inserts when they send it back.

IMG_20160131_091929803_HDR_zpsi6ur4lij.jpg

This came up awhile back and is directly related to how tight the pivot is.

Tighten the pivot and it should solve your problem. Don't forget blue locktite.
I have a question for other 0452cf owners.

This is my first framelock knife & I noticed something funny the other day after carving on some sticks.

Under normal use the lock up on my knife is pretty much perfect at about 40%, but when I do some harder cutting and/or have the knife twist in my hand & there's additional pressure on the lock-bar it pushes the lock-bar in further to about a 105% where the lock bar almost touches the CF scale. I can copy this behavior by simply pressing hard on the lock bar with my thumb when the knife is opened.

I don't think this is normal but can I somehow adjust this out perhaps, maybe by playing with the stainless insert in the lock bar? I'd hate to have to send this one back to the US under warranty but the idea of having a faulty knife really worries me.

In case the knife will have to go back to KAI, does anyone know if they'll pay for shipping to send the knife back to them? Also, I bought mine on ebay, new but with no box or a receipt from an authorized seller, would that be a problem for a warranty claim?

Pardon the lousy pics, I can try to take some better ones at daylight tomorrow if necessary.

Normal lock up:

24617147841_f22cf1c651_b.jpg

"Exaggerated" lock up:

24415127900_db4066b48d_b.jpg

Would be perfect to add ZT 0454 Sinkevich.

I was thinking about that one really hard but in the end I would rather pick up a ZT 060X LE for that kind of money.

The reason why the 045X series is not my favorite is because my hand is actually too big for the handle. My pinky finger feels cramped against the swooping point at the end of the handle. If I try to get a natural grip on the thing my pinky is actually resting on that point. If Sinkevich had shaped the handle more like a stick I think it would fit my hand better. I am still keeping my 0452CF though. I also have the 0450 and I love that one because it fits my hand to perfection as a 3 finger knife. The 0450 was done right IMO.

I want to skateboard grip tape or do something to that clip cut out so bad! Beautiful ZT though, congrats. What are your initial impressions?

I was looking at that thinking a filler tab would be nice.

I love it. The shape is great, I love clean straight lines, and the build quality is typical ZT (great).

It may be my favorite ZT (previously the 0801)

They need a 0095CF model that has the same satin/ stonewash as the 0562cf. :D

just dreaming a little :rolleyes:

I really like that 0804!

Today I'm carrying ye ol 0350or

IMG_20160214_153902038_zps3xfnknok.jpg

aDSC_2211.jpg

bDSC_2209.jpg

DSC_2209.JPG

I wonder who could make a nice insert for the 804CF filler depression?

best

mqqn

Back