1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

ZT Swag Giveaway(WINNERS PICKED!)

Discussion in 'Kershaw Knives / Zero Tolerance' started by Cicatriz, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Cicatriz

Cicatriz

Apr 30, 2011
    I have in my possession a few pieces of ZT swag.
    They were given to me by a talented machinist friend. He did the heavy work and I did the finishing.

These are custom made, and as such can not be acquired any other place but in this giveaway.
    I will not divulge what the items are but they are very nice bits of swag.
    They are what you would dangle in front of your friends just to watch them turn green.

Contest will stay open till 12:00 noon(CST) November 1. Which is also the day that the new Kershaw website is getting launched.

Two(2) winners will be drawn by random number generator.

One entry per person. Your one(1) post is your entry.

Please do not make multiple posts. If you need to add something later, put it in your original post.
    If you multi-post it makes the contest more difficult for the random number generator(my 3 year pulling your number from a hat)
    When you have the overwhelming urge to make a sarcastic comment about another members post, please just put it in your original post. THIS IS A GIVEAWAY!:rolleyes:

Continental United States only, unless you want to pay shipping.

Contest rules -

1 - Own at least one Zero Tolerance knife.

2 - Come up with a name to be considered for a new ZT/Kershaw/Kai group on Blade Forums.
    You can put as many names as you like in your one post. Whether they are for Kai, ZT, Kershaw or all three combined is up to you.
    Information is here;
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...AME-Ideas-for-the-Kershaw-ZT-chapter-or-group

3 - Winners post a picture of the swag after they get it.

Optional --
    Post a picture of your knife being used for work. The dirtier the better.(Family friendly of course)
    Tell a short story about how the knife was used, saved your life, lost you a job, got you a job, whatever.

---Any updates I need to make will be posted here in the original post.---

Update 10/25 - WOW! It's been less than 24 hrs, 40 posts with a lot of name suggestions.
    Some good, some fun, some full of cheese:D
    FOR THE HORDE!

Update 10/30 - Alright all ZT addicted peoples! There's 48 hours left till my 3yr old gets to coon-finger the number of the winner.
    It would be wicked awesome to get this to 100 individuals entered! Spread the love!!!

Cicatriz

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  2. BrentD86

BrentD86 Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I appreciate the opportunity and offered a couple suggestions in the main thread for names.
    KAI-Maniacs
    KAIllectors

I love my zt's and have at least one on me wherever I can legally carry a knife. I don't have any exciting stories about one getting me out of a tight spot but take comfort knowing they could if I ever needed them to. I may update this post with a pic later im on my phone now.

3. oregonknifenerd

oregonknifenerd

Dec 5, 2011
    Thank you for this. I have to enter. I've not entered other contests but this one sounds too good to pass up and I'm incredibly curious.

1- I counted 21 ZTs the other day. I think I'm set.
    2- I proposed KAI-Lovers shortened to KAI-L because my real name is Kyle.
    3- will do

Don't have any easy pics but I have a story about pics. I'm a bit weird and started a sort of travel log for my 0560 just for the heck of it and to share some pis for the Facebook page. I was out hiking at Valley of the Giants around here which has old growth forest with trees the size of the redwoods in California. Anyway, there was a tree with some very interesting patterns in it from the paths of bugs chewing through it. I stuck my 0560 in and was trying to find a good angle to photograph it. The wood being rotted didn't hold the knife so well and I was shooting right up on it with my super wide angle lens. The knife fell out of and as I was close it caught the side of my finger with the blade as it spun out of the tree. So I start gushing blood. So there I am holding $3,000 worth of camera gear with a finger gushing blood. I didn't feel like carrying the weight of a first aid kit that day. I swing my pack off and open it with my teeth doing everything I can to keep blood off my camera and manage to get my dry socks out of the pack. I then swing the camera over, grab the knife, hold some paracord and cut a bit off. I hiked the three miles out walking past a bunch of boy scouts with a finger wrapped in a sock tied with bright red paracord. I had a full first aid kit in my 4Runner at the trailhead so was properly bandaged to drive out. I've carried a full first aid kit since. Worst thing, I didn't even get any great shots!

4. whateatsrabbits

whateatsrabbits

Nov 24, 2011
    1- 0560 and in search of 0300
    2- kai society
    [​IMG]
    The other day I was trying to pry off a ziptie under a truck, and I accidentally released the lock and the flipper bit me.:rolleyes:

5. BobSig

BobSig Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2011
    Im in.

Kershaw Clan
    Kershaw Korp.

Who ever gets it better posts pics, I wana see this thing. I too am very curious... more curious than curious George.:cool:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  6. flarp

flarp

Sep 7, 2011
    I'll play... Thanks for the chance...

1- Got a 0301 and 0350. As funds become more bountiful, they should increase in number.
    2- Thinking something along the mafia lines... "KAI Henchmen"... "ZT Soldati"... "Kershaw Picciotti"...
    3- Will do, if fortune favors my post number. ;)

Snapped this pic after I got my 0301...
    [​IMG]

7. jhyde7585

jhyde7585 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2011
    I have alreaady said which ones I like over there, but I will put up for consideration - - - - the Disciples of KAI.

Thanks for the chance, the swag will go nicely with my ZT family :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  8. eneyman

eneyman

Dec 11, 2009
    I only own one ZT and it is the 0561. I absolutely love the build and quality of this knife and look forward to future designs.

I propose The "ZT Intolerables"

9. viper89

viper89 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Knife-Kai [Knife Guy?]
    Kai-fia [Mafia]
    Kai Warriors(cheesy?)
    Kai-Holics
    Clan Kai or Kai Clan
    Kai Legion or Legion of Kai
    Kershaw Shockers [um..]

I am sure I heard some from somewhere.

My ZT :)

[​IMG]

10. Orion's Belt

Orion's Belt

Mar 15, 2010
    I only have an 0560 right now, but a stone washed 0350 is on my near future. I said on the other thread that I liked the "Order of Kai" and am sticking with it!

11. AdioSS

AdioSS

Jul 13, 2012
    I've got a pair of ZT0301s

How about the "Wise KAIs" (like Wise Guys, it kinda makes me think of mafia movies which brings us back to the Kershaw Mafia...)
    I used my modded 301 blem to break into a locker at work that nobody knew the combination for. I've also used it for cutting down limbs around the yard.

12. kpiol

kpiol

Jul 7, 2012
    Im in! Kai-tastic! I own a zt 560

13. Cal45

Cal45

Oct 30, 2011
    I love my ZT 0100!

My suggestion for group name is:

Kaiddicts

Thanks for the contest!

14. DerrickT

DerrickT

Sep 28, 2012
    1- a 0560 or a 0350 can be found clipped to a pocket or laying next to me 100% of the time
    2- not too creative but I like "KAI Elite #0000" every member logged and numbered
    3- you got it.

I'm also a machinist :)

15. videl

videl

Mar 24, 2012
    1-0350ZDP CB
    2-ZT Zone
    3-Camera is ready ;)

16. scottabrandeberry

scottabrandeberry Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 24, 2012
    I've seen some pretty good suggestions so far! Mine is pretty mediocre; Z.T.O.'s (kind of a take-off on the Pontiac muscle car), for Zero Tolerance Obsessors (I think it fits for most of us!).

My ZT's:

(2) 0780's (one is a safe queen and one is my current EDC)
    (1) 0350ST (my first ZT)
    (1) 0400
    (1) 0550
    (1) 0700
    (1) 0750

I'd be happy to share pics!

17. fitzpatric

fitzpatric

Nov 9, 2011
    1- 300, 561, 550
    2- KAI Kolectors (simple I know)
    3- OK

18. n8swag

n8swag

Feb 4, 2012
    KZT
    KerZhaw
    KAZT

Anyways, some of you probably have seen my 'life saving thread'. If you haven't basically we were hiking and a ways from the end we had a girl sprain her ankle. I was the only one with a knife, actually had 2. But my zt 0350 took care of a small tree for a stretcher. I use my 0350 every day at work and home. Got it for my 17th birthday and I won't forget all the fine memories it's brought.

19. canyon56

canyon56

Jun 7, 2012
    1. Zero Tolerance 0561
    2. "Life of Kai" or "Order of Kai" "ZTK Society"
    3. I'll do it!

Thanks!

20. kriller1217

kriller1217

Sep 25, 2011
    This is a fun thread to read through, I'm in let's see..

"House of Kai"

My current only piece of ZT awesomeness is a 0350