Harsh Moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, recently I have had issues with Bladite closing threads when normal debate is going on. No one was name calling or being abusive so I dont get why they needed to be locked? I think he is very biased and if he disagrees with the discussion or if anything negative is said about Kabar or Becker he seems to automatically lock the thread before it can even be sorted out or discussed. It seems like he is trying to censor any negative feedback when it comes to these companies. I dont think he is a very fair moderator and is far to quick to lock threads. He also falsely accused me of being a troll when that is not the case at all. I resent that and think it was insulting and rude. Can this issue please be looked into. Thanks.

I think this is the right place to put this. Can the mods please delete my thread in the other forum about this topic. Thanks:thumbup:

Last edited:
You're not making a positive contribution to the folks at Ka-Bar by starting bash threads.

The mod there is being more than reasonable.

You're not making a positive contribution to the folks at Ka-Bar by starting bash threads.

The mod there is being more than reasonable.

Did you even read my OP? It was not a bash thread. I would just like to see them improve their QC because I like them as a company and many of their designers. Bringing up negative aspects of a product(constructive criticism) can help bring things to light and bring improvement. I just dont think they want anything that shows their product in a not so good light on their forum. It's sad and perfect example of censorship imo.

Mods of private subforums have pretty much full control over the moderation there and especially which threads get locked in their subforum.

I did read your OP and it reads like a bash thread.

If that's not your intent and you want to give genuine feedback you need to hone your craft.

Read the detailed review threads and absorb the way the well received ones are written. It's trendy these days to put up short snarky reviews but those won't win you friends or influence people.

And last but most important when reviewing an inexpensive knife manage your expectations.

Mods of private subforums have pretty much full control over the moderation there and especially which threads get locked in their subforum.

we also have very specific sub-thread rules. you should read them. carefully. we have a LOT of latitude on what we'll allow for culture. the Becker forum is "Ethan's house, Ethan's rules". don't insult the man or his plan.

we also work closely with the company and the designer. i can take an informed guess they are not pleased. very informed.

you crossed some lines. you caused two threads, exactly, to be closed as a result. that's a lot for one person with a post count like yourself.

you could have been disciplined actually for quasi-insults to the people at KaBar (implication of Parkinsons, really?) and other comments.

the threads were not closed quickly, you had a chance to dig yourself out, but you ran with it. i don't close a lot of threads as a rule, but that's preferable to infractions and banning.

sassing mods is a infraction worthy. various insults are infraction worthy. you've posted a lot of opinion, and sass. perhaps more proof, pictures, and details if there is a next time? you have a QC issue? prove it. show us. KaBar wants to know. i saw none of that except "bleah bleah bleah".

we, us, Ethan, KaBar don't mind feedback, and evidence. things happen in mass production. the warranty is honored with a very high rate, if you had an actual problems to bring attention to. Ethan in particular is quick to address failure and what not.

have a better one...

Precisely. If you don't like the treatment a mod is giving you in a manufacturer's forum, then take your issues about their products to General Knife Discussion. Problem solved. If that mod then messes with you there, then you have a legitimate complaint.

But in their forum, its their way or the highway.

After you have been here more than a couple weeks you will figure that out. Probably "after you have been here more than a couple weeks" would be a good time to take your complaints about the mod staff public.

Precisely. If you don't like the treatment a mod is giving you in a manufacturer's forum, then take your issues about their products to General Knife Discussion. Problem solved. If that mod then messes with you there, then you have a legitimate complaint.

But in their forum, its their way or the highway.

After you have been here more than a couple weeks you will figure that out. Probably "after you have been here more than a couple weeks" would be a good time to take your complaints about the mod staff public.

Good point. I really should have posted my thread in the general forum. I will next time.

I have been here for years actually.

Hi, recently I have had issues with Bladite closing threads when normal debate is going on. No one was name calling or being abusive so I dont get why they needed to be locked? I think he is very biased and if he disagrees with the discussion or if anything negative is said about Kabar or Becker he seems to automatically lock the thread before it can even be sorted out or discussed. It seems like he is trying to censor any negative feedback when it comes to these companies. I dont think he is a very fair moderator and is far to quick to lock threads. He also falsely accused me of being a troll when that is not the case at all. I resent that and think it was insulting and rude. Can this issue please be looked into. Thanks.

I think this is the right place to put this. Can the mods please delete my thread in the other forum about this topic. Thanks:thumbup:
Come on!

You practically called those making knives rookies and/or accused them of having parkinsons. In what universe did you expect that to be seen on mildly.

A legitimate gripe or not is one thing, but IMO you them an apology.....

Good point. I really should have posted my thread in the general forum. I will next time.

I have been here for years actually.

Then you really should have known better! Both on the posts and on this thread! :foot:

Keep it in General! :thumbup: If a subforum wants to be a strictly super happy fun place for the fans of its products to share their positive experiences, then that is their call, and they can moderate it to be that way.

Actually, in my opinion, if they want that, then they should do that. But that's a whole other topic.

Come on!

You practically called those making knives rookies and/or accused them of having parkinsons. In what universe did you expect that to be seen on mildly.

A legitimate gripe or not is one thing, but IMO you them an apology.....

I was more joking because Bladite said "they have been doing their jobs longer then many of us have been alive". If that were the case you would think there work would be better.

Anyway, I think this has been sorted out now. I now understand that the moderators in the subforums have full control of their areas. Next time, if there is a next time, I will post in the general forum where there is a less biased opinion.

I was more joking because Bladite said "they have been doing their jobs longer then many of us have been alive". If that were the case you would think there work would be better.

Good. Mod sass always helps things. Good luck.

Good. Mod sass always helps things. Good luck.

Mod sass? What does that even mean? You cant disagree with what a mod says or reply to anything they say around here? He said that Kabar's workers were basically old and experienced and I said that there work didnt exactly match with that statement. I will admit I could have been more tactful with my response however.

You assume that your experience is the norm, and that is where you fail. Instead of posting pictures or sharing anything but opinions you decided your duty is to show the people who like Ka-Bar knives enough to hang out in their own subforum that Ka-Bar is not what they think and actually sucks.

That's not a smart move.

You assume that your experience is the norm, and that is where you fail. Instead of posting pictures or sharing anything but opinions you decided your duty is to show the people who like Ka-Bar knives enough to hang out in their own subforum that Ka-Bar is not what they think and actually sucks.

That's not a smart move.

I disagree. I received 3 knives with issues from Kabar just this year. I could also quote dozens and dozens of posts and videos of other issues and/or post pictures of the ones I still have. There even are a few examples in the Becker and Kabar subforums right now. Just the other day a guy received a BK4 that came with the whole recurved portion of the blade dull. Also, many of you Beckerhead's admit there were issues but, you just accepted them because they are work knives or just resharpened the poor factory grinds and moved on. Also, many people just dont notice uneven grinds or other issues because they dont look for them or care. All companies have the odd issue but, imo Kabar has too many. It is ok if you accept the quality. I dont and designs aside, I think there are better options, even for the money. Feel free to keep enjoying your Kabars, I dont want to ruin your fun and will refrain from posting further negative feedback in your subforums.

I disagree. I received ....

Seriously. You said it yourself. As far as moderation/Tech Support the matter is resolved.

If you want to raise issues about your Beckers, do it in General. Not here. Sheesh. Don't dig yourself in deeper.

Seriously. You said it yourself. As far as moderation/Tech Support the matter is resolved.

If you want to raise issues about your Beckers, do it in General. Not here. Sheesh. Don't dig yourself in deeper.

You are correct.

I dont want to raise anymore issues. I was simply rebutting his post.

This thread has been resolved. Please close it mods.

giphy.gif

A company that's been making knives for decades and has probably sold hundreds of thousands of knives, but because you can pull up dozens of accounts of poor grinds and other issues that's proof they aren't actually making good knives? All of mine have had perfect grinds, believe me I've checked each one.

The thing about Ka-Bar is that if you get a poorly made knife (they can sneak through, production lines aren't perfect) you can send it back and get a replacement. I've never done that because my knives haven't had any issues, but they do warranty knives generously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back