Harsh Moderation

Status
Not open for further replies.
we also have very specific sub-thread rules. you should read them. carefully. we have a LOT of latitude on what we'll allow for culture. the Becker forum is "Ethan's house, Ethan's rules". don't insult the man or his plan.

we also work closely with the company and the designer. i can take an informed guess they are not pleased. very informed.

you crossed some lines. you caused two threads, exactly, to be closed as a result. that's a lot for one person with a post count like yourself.

you could have been disciplined actually for quasi-insults to the people at KaBar (implication of Parkinsons, really?) and other comments.

the threads were not closed quickly, you had a chance to dig yourself out, but you ran with it. i don't close a lot of threads as a rule, but that's preferable to infractions and banning.

sassing mods is a infraction worthy. various insults are infraction worthy. you've posted a lot of opinion, and sass. perhaps more proof, pictures, and details if there is a next time? you have a QC issue? prove it. show us. KaBar wants to know. i saw none of that except "bleah bleah bleah".

we, us, Ethan, KaBar don't mind feedback, and evidence. things happen in mass production. the warranty is honored with a very high rate, if you had an actual problems to bring attention to. Ethan in particular is quick to address failure and what not.

have a better one...

^ Bladite:

Not being privy to this specific thread in your sub-forum; when I initially read your post, I was assuming that you were referring to KingMC, (for the fact that you quoted him), & not the OP. Due to the fact that this didn't sound like something tha KingMC, would post, I went & read the closed thread for myself, & found the information, which actually helped explain this situation:

Quote Originally Posted by Tachead7075 View Post

Yep, machine made mostly. That's what makes getting uneven primary grinds, swedges, exc. even more frustrating. It just shows general carelessness and a lack of the meticulous nature that a tradesman(operator) should have. It also shows that QC isn't very tight and/or the bar for defects is set quite low. The examples I have received and seen were not sharpened well so, they must have some rookies on the line now or the old timers you speak of have gotten Parkinsons or completely lost their desire to do a good job.
:thumbdn: :thumbdn:

^ As a Moderator, Bladite, you showed a lot more restraint & patience, than I would have. :thumbup: I personally would've chosen a much swifter option.

As for the OP: it would behoove you, to read this thread as a reference every once in awhile, for the wisdom & perspective lesson you were given...along with a second chance.

Your comment above, was pathetic! I for one, would be ecstatic, not having to deal with a customer such as yourself, patronizing my business.

Edit:
You are correct.

I dont want to raise anymore issues. I was simply rebutting his post.

This thread has been resolved. Please close it mods.

^ Close this thread down now; & let you off the hook for the insensitive rude comments that you posted??? Give me a freaking break! You should be making a public apology to everyone on this forum, who either knows someone, or has a family member, with Parkinson's disease! :thumbdn: :thumbdn:

Last edited:
Not cool, Tachead -- take legitimate issues with a company through the proper channels.

HINT: Being a jerk in their company sub-forum is not appropriate on this forum. Time to grow up.

Kelama, thanks!

We (I) really don't like closing threads and we do like hearty discussion.

However, it's been made known over time that certain sorts of threads just tend to go nowhere fast when they dead end a certain way, or worse, become a morass of opinions that tend to derail the while forum. It's a well known pattern that often ends with infractions and banning and is a waste of resources and time spent doing what we love. So, there are times where it's just better to shut it down early.

Sometimes people are really persistent, and hop to other forums, and start it up again, with a similar vibe. Also a common pattern and well, it's not subtle after a while.

Back to something I love :)

^ Bladite:

Not being privy to this specific thread in your sub-forum; when I initially read your post, I was assuming that you were referring to KingMC, (for the fact that you quoted him), & not the OP. Due to the fact that this didn't sound like something tha KingMC, would post, I went & read the closed thread for myself, & found the information, which actually helped explain this situation:

Quote Originally Posted by Tachead7075 View Post

Yep, machine made mostly. That's what makes getting uneven primary grinds, swedges, exc. even more frustrating. It just shows general carelessness and a lack of the meticulous nature that a tradesman(operator) should have. It also shows that QC isn't very tight and/or the bar for defects is set quite low. The examples I have received and seen were not sharpened well so, they must have some rookies on the line now or the old timers you speak of have gotten Parkinsons or completely lost their desire to do a good job.
:thumbdn: :thumbdn:

^ As a Moderator, Bladite, you showed a lot more restraint & patience, than I would have. :thumbup: I personally would've chosen a much swifter option.

As for the OP: it would behoove you, to read this thread as a reference every once in awhile, for the wisdom & perspective lesson you were given...along with a second chance.

Your comment above, was pathetic! I for one, would be ecstatic, not having to deal with a customer such as yourself, patronizing my business.

Edit:

^ Close this thread down now; & let you off the hook for the insensitive rude comments that you posted??? Give me a freaking break! You should be making a public apology to everyone on this forum, who either knows someone, or has a family member, with Parkinson's disease! :thumbdn: :thumbdn:

I actually have a very close family member with Parkinsons that's how I know how it can affect someones dexterity. And, that's why I referenced it. I asked to have this thread closed because the issue has been resolved, not because I wanted off the hook. I dont regret my comment and I could care less what you think.

I will however refrain from further negative posts in the Kabar subforums.

Kelama, thanks!

We (I) really don't like closing threads and we do like hearty discussion.

However, it's been made known over time that certain sorts of threads just tend to go nowhere fast when they dead end a certain way, or worse, become a morass of opinions that tend to derail the while forum. It's a well known pattern that often ends with infractions and banning and is a waste of resources and time spent doing what we love. So, there are times where it's just better to shut it down early.

Sometimes people are really persistent, and hop to other forums, and start it up again, with a similar vibe. Also a common pattern and well, it's not subtle after a while.

Back to something I love :)

I think this may be one of those times.

You do know that the OP of a thread can close it at any time, right?

I actually have a very close family member with Parkinsons that's how I know how it can affect someones dexterity. And, that's why I referenced it. I asked to have this thread closed because the issue has been resolved, not because I wanted off the hook. I dont regret my comment and I could care less what you think.

I will however refrain from further negative posts in the Kabar subforums.

Glad you cleared that up. So if I have close family members who're idiots I can call other members and groups on here idiots because " I know all about the struggle".

Your logic isn't scanning as genuine.

Glad you cleared that up. So if I have close family members who're idiots I can call other members and groups on here idiots because " I know all about the struggle".

Your logic isn't scanning as genuine.

I used it as a reference because it affects dexterity and could affect an old workers grinding skills:rolleyes:

But we're having that nice discussion you wanted!

Real mature Bladite. Trying to get me mad and push buttons is not a very good example for a mod to set imo. I asked to have this thread locked because I started it and it has been resolved. If you dont want to do that then I just wont respond any longer. Have fun guys:thumbup:

generally the mods here don't lock stuff just because ... It just causes someone to start a new thread on the same topic.

Have a good one.

Non-paying members cannot.

Well then, another reason for some to get a paying membership.

I really don't see how $10 is so hard to come by that so many will forgo that and then complain about their lack of ability to do some basic stuff on here. Not that Tachead is complaining, but $10 would make forum life so much simpler for him as he's always asking to have his failed threads locked.

I actually have a very close family member with Parkinsons that's how I know how it can affect someones dexterity. And, that's why I referenced it.

Why does every poorly received comment, criticism, epithet, joke, satire, caricature, or lampoon always get answered with what seems like a riposte and always goes with the basic formula " Its ok, some of my best friends/family, are/have ____"

The similarities are pretty obvious

BVnmaB3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back