• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

⚔️⚔️Hollow Handle EDC Knife🔥🔥

Sam Wilson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hey everyone, here is the latest project I have going on. The concept for this one is an ultralightweight hollow handle EDC knife (for those interested in HH knives, obviously). It is called the PACKLite, and the first two batches sold out very quickly, so I decided to pursue a "mid-tech" version. The short version is that everything is done here in the U.S.A., including as many parts/materials as we can possibly source. As of right now, the only part I am aware of that comes from overseas is the button compass. Getting the work and materials here domestically is no small feat, both economically or otherwise.

Here are a couple of pics, and then I will post more details. These are quick pics, I will get quality images soon. Feel free to give feedback, and I am happy to answer any questions. Thank you!

3bsaP5p.jpg

v2ASEJT.jpg

r6dg0Iw.jpg

Sam

Hey everyone, here is the latest project I have going on. The concept for this one is an ultralightweight hollow handle EDC knife (for those interested in HH knives, obviously). It is called the PACKLite, and the first two batches sold out very quickly, so I decided to pursue a "mid-tech" version. The short version is that everything is done here in the U.S.A., including as many parts/materials as we can possibly source. As of right now, the only part I am aware of that comes from overseas is the button compass. Getting the work and materials here domestically is no small feat, both economically or otherwise.

Here are a couple of pics, and then I will post more details. These are quick pics, I will get quality images soon. Feel free to give feedback, and I am happy to answer any questions. Thank you!

3bsaP5p.jpg

v2ASEJT.jpg

r6dg0Iw.jpg

Sam
Very KOOL Sam!! 👍😎👍
John 🇺🇸

Thank you! Here is the brief version:

Specs:

Blade: 3" long, OAL 7.25"

Steel: CPM154 @59-60

Weight: 3.2 oz for knife

Right now, we are looking at GunKote finish for the blade (which is what is pictured above), and the guard, handle and buttcap will be anodized aluminum, very closely matching the blade. There will likely be an "upgraded" version where you can order the whole knife with GunKote, but this will obviously add to the cost a little bit. These will all be eligible for "spa service" in the future, where you can the entire knife refinished with GunKote and re-cord wrapped.

Thank you! Here is the brief version:

Specs:

Blade: 3" long, OAL 7.25"

Steel: CPM154 @59-60

Weight: 3.2 oz for knife

Right now, we are looking at GunKote finish for the blade (which is what is pictured above), and the guard, handle and buttcap will be anodized aluminum, very closely matching the blade. There will likely be an "upgraded" version where you can order the whole knife with GunKote, but this will obviously add to the cost a little bit. These will all be eligible for "spa service" in the future, where you can the entire knife refinished with GunKote and re-cord wrapped.

At this moment, there will be very limited options, as it is quite a task to launch a mid-tech while being a full time maker. I will likely offer "custom shop" services for those interested in customizing.

I think we’d be interested in the price point on these versus the full customs you make.

I’ve always really liked these knives, I think it was summed up best above:

13 year old me: I need one!

48 year old me: I also need one!

And just to add to the previous comment, at this moment the only color option is OD green with black cord wrap and OD kydex. If we do another run and these are successful enough, we MAY open up options. There will be different GunKote/cord wrap options if the knife is sent in for "spa service."

I think we’d be interested in the price point on these versus the full customs you make.

I’ve always really liked these knives, I think it was summed up best above:

Good point! HERE is the link to the product page, but briefly the knife/sheath is $275, and the leather belt loop/kydex attachment plate adds $25. The sheath is spaced for TekLok also, but the leather belt loop has been very popular, so far. I like to give everyone options.:cool:

Sam

Good point! HERE is the link to the product page, but briefly the knife/sheath is $275, and the leather belt loop/kydex attachment plate adds $25. The sheath is spaced for TekLok also, but the leather belt loop has been very popular, so far. I like to give everyone options.:cool:

Sam

At that price point together with your spa treatment, I think you will do just fine. I’ve been following your designs since you first posted here and while all look fantastic, this particular one looks very applicable to many outdoor scenarios. I like this one (size) a lot, nice job Sam!

At that price point together with your spa treatment, I think you will do just fine. I’ve been following your designs since you first posted here and while all look fantastic, this particular one looks very applicable to many outdoor scenarios. I like this one (size) a lot, nice job Sam!

Retired UPS Driver Retired UPS Driver Thank you very much! A lot of hard work and a stack of protos!😎😎

This looks awesome. Thanks for sharing. You're very talented.

1 1911bphil Thank you very much, it's my pleasure!😎😎

Way to go Sam!! Happy to see your endeavors bearing fruit........Looking good too!!!
Happy and safe holidays to you and yours!!!

J jfk1110 Thank you, James! My regards to you and yours as well!😎😎

Sam

Back