1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10,000 posts give-a-way***WINNER ANNOUNCED*****

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by VANCE, Sep 8, 2017.

1. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    I'm super thankful for all the friends & relationships that I have built in my time here.
    As a way to say "thanks" to everyone on this forum, I am going to give one of my Fiddleback's to a lucky winner.

In order to win all you have to do is say "I'm in" and.......post something funny. The person that makes me laugh the hardest wins! As always Fiddleback content is appreciated but not required.

Here is the knife for the Winner : Spreading my love for the EDK around.
    [​IMG]

-Multiple entries are encouraged
    -Open to anyone that has more than 1 post in the Fiddleback sub-section
    -I'll let this run for a week & announce the winner next Fiddleback Friday 9/15/2017

HAVE FUN & don't break any forum rules:D

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    donscpoo, jaz322, varga49 and 5 others like this.
  2. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    Congratulations Phillip! I'm in.

Tony (@Luca917) has more restraint when it come to purchasing knives than anyone I know. :thumbsup:

Why is it that I think Big Deal Bob is going to have a really funny post?

Luca917, varga49 and thurin like this.
  3. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    I'm in, but I've already got enough knives.

4. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015

I don't know if your humor is as infantile as mine, but I've been on the verge of tears listening to this Irish lad freak out. *Language Warning*

Thank you for you generosity, your exceptional customer service, and your involvement. I'm in.

5. KingMC

KingMC Chaotic neutral Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I'm in! You're very generous so I'll try to make it worth your while with one of my favorite jokes.

"In the 1900s an English town had fallen on really hard times. For decades its primary industry had been its textile mills, but now the mills were all closed and unemployment was at an all-time high.

Desperate, the town's mayor looked frantically around for other industries to bring to his town. He found that there was a man in Germany who waslooking for someone to take over his thriving hunting dog breeding business. The man had made a fortune raising the animals and was not willing to unload it for a fraction of its value, so that he could retire.

The mayor used his influence to have the mills converted to kennels and all of the dogs transported to his town. Employment skyrocketed and the town prospered. Everyone was happy, even though, sometimes--especially on the nights with a full moon--the animals got a little noisy, keeping some residents awake.

But, even these unfortunate few learned to sigh and say, "The mills are alive with the hounds of Munich"."

thurin likes this.
  6. Choppaman

Choppaman Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    I'm in.
    I have a 3 o'clock doctor appointment today which lines up with the shark fest for today's line up of Fiddleback Forge Knives. I've come up with a plan though. At 2:58 I'm going to tell them I need to use the restroom and then proceed (pretend or maybe not) to take a 5 minute power dump!! I think this might work!! fingers crossed.

UPDATE!!
    So I'm sitting in the waiting room staring at the wall clock thinking that 2:57 was going awfully slow. And then the worst, the nurse came out and called me in before 2:58. Well that changed my plan and as I'm walking back to the exam room figuring out how I'm going to pull this one off now?? Never have I ever pulled one of these stunts, but I pardoned myself in the middle of my blood pressure check to shark the knife of my choice and was successful. Three rechecks of my blood pressure later and it still high. o_O And I still have to use the restroom!

thurin, Wurrwulf, Odaon and 1 other person like this.
  7. lmalterna

lmalterna Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2002
    I am in. :)

"An elderly man in Louisiana had owned a large farm for several years.

He had a large pond in the back. It was properly shaped for swimming, so he fixed it up nice with picnic tables, horseshoe courts, and some apple and peach trees.

One evening the old farmer decided to go down to the pond, as he hadn't been there for a while, and look it over.

He grabbed a five-gallon bucket to bring back some fruit.

As he neared the pond, he heard voices shouting and laughing with glee.

As he came closer, he saw it was a bunch of young women skinny-dipping in his pond.

He made the women aware of his presence and they all went to the deep end.

One of the women shouted to him, 'we're not coming out until you leave!'

The old man frowned, 'I didn't come down here to watch you ladies swim naked or make you get out of the pond naked.'

Holding the bucket up he said,
    'I'm here to feed the alligator...'

Some old men can still think fast."

Bill

thurin, varga49, Choppaman and 4 others like this.
  8. nomotorjrr

nomotorjrr Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2011
    I'm in!

There once was a Fiddleback from Georgia
    And many from Blade Forums would shark 'ya
    But once in a while the gods would smile
    My reload was faster, I gotcha!

thurin, Choppaman and Nbrackett like this.
  9. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    that's pretty funny Nathan:thumbsup::thumbsup:

poor Tony
    yeah...you and me both :D
    thank you

that had me & the guys from Outpost rolling!
    that's a pretty good one

thanks!
    glad to see everything came out ok :D and you were able to shark your bloodwood
    hilarious
    that's awesome:thumbsup::thumbsup:

nomotorjrr likes this.
  10. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Congrats! That's quite the milestone. Thank you for the chance at the giveaway, I'm in!

Every once in a while I come across some silly thing that make me laugh and I save it on my phone. Here are a few of those.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

varga49, thurin and Tutone like this.
  11. theobetts

theobetts

Nov 4, 2004
    Congrats on 10K, that is a ton of posts!
    I would like to be in, all in
    Like an amPHILbian in a creek in!

12. PolRoger

PolRoger Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 4, 2007
    My eye really tracked to this one first... It is "bizzaro"... Don't you know how that poor pooch is just "diggin it" having to wear 4 big mitts for shoes...

I also could see the bottom cat picture MEME while I was looking at this one and I was thinking to myself... WTF is up here with a cat being at a head banger concert?... then I actually read it. :D

Odaon likes this.
  13. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I think it took me a solid minute of staring and laughing at the picture to convince my brain that it wasn't a cat.

14. PolRoger

PolRoger Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Having three different animal theme "meme photos" each on top of the other is why in my mind I assumed or thought it was a cat!

Odaon likes this.
  15. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    lol, the first one is hilarious
    :eek::eek:

all of them have been good so far.
    i picked the knife & i'm just waiting for the sun to not be beating down on my back drop.

Odaon likes this.
  16. schmittie

schmittie Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 28, 2009
    I'm in. Congrats

This is one of my favorites

thurin, Wurrwulf and VANCE like this.
  17. varga49

varga49 Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 1, 2016
    I'm in!

thurin, nomotorjrr and VANCE like this.
  18. JustinFournier

JustinFournier Gold Member Gold Member

May 7, 2012
    I'm in.

But I have nothing funny to add.

Not worried though, I couldn't win a black eye in a bar fight.

Thanks for all you do, have done, and will certainly continue to do!

Choppaman, thurin and VANCE like this.
  19. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    that was freakin great Varga

Justin,
    I liked that comment as well

20. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    pic added to the OP