10,000 posts give-a-way***WINNER ANNOUNCED*****

Apparently, Maureen did help from behind the door! Sorry for the brief response earlier; I was stopped at a red light when I checked the notifications!

I had so much fun laughing my ass off at all of the entrants. Well done, everyone!

P, does my Esquire need to lend a hand in Search and Rescue efforts? :p

Phillip, congrats on the milestone, and thank you, again. I've felt welcome since Pertinux lured me into this realm by her posts in the Traditionals Forum. I certainly haven't been able to purchase as many as others, but the half dozen or so that have passed through my hands have all been incredible.

I cannot wait to try out the Esquire! Phillip, PM incoming!

Last edited:
Congrats to the winners and thanks to Vance for such a generous GAW. Those knives are great.

P, does my Esquire need to lend a hand in Search and Rescue efforts? :p

Let's not send any more Fiddlebacks into the fray.

Can't you just, like, wade over and take a look?

Phillip, congrats on the milestone, and thank you, again. I've felt welcome since Pertinux lured me into this realm....

Uhm, whoops?
runaway.gif~original

Or: you're welcome!

takeabow.gif~original

The winners are Wurrwulf Wurrwulf and pertinux pertinux
Congrats!
2v2uYaJvgxurAoi.jpg

2v2uRZzTixurAoi.jpg

For those of us eagerly waiting at home, could you please say what steel (width) is on each of these models, and the wood on their respective handles?

Thanks
It's the least I can do. This community is the best on the whole internets

I still can't believe this. You are too kind. I wish you could have heard me GASP when I scrolled your post announcing the winner(s).

And here, I woulda been happy just to know I'd made you laugh.
blush.gif~original

I canNOT wait to have the EDK in hand, for all good reasons-- what's better than friendship, a good laugh, and an exquisitely handcrafted, hard-working tool? I ask you.

toast.gif~original

~ P.

pertinux pertinux
The EDK w/ buckeye burl over black liners & white pinstripes, SFT
Scandi ground on spalted 3/32" A2

The Esquire is box elder burl over black liners & white pinstripes, SFT
convex on spalted 1/8" A2

Last edited:
I had to double check this morning when I woke up, pertinux pertinux ! I knew I had to be dreaming this whole time.

I, rather rudely, interrupted my wife talking to yelp, "I won!" yesterday. I was just so surprised and elated, and, thankfully, she was a good sport about it. I even got a high five and a "That's very pretty" from her!

I'm over the moon right now!

The Eagle has landed. I repeat: The Eagle has landed. Phillip, I cannot thank you enough for this wonderful knife. I am stoked.

Initial impressions: Great size. 6" - 6.5" seems to be a bit of a sweet spot for me, and this knife seems to kill it. Very comfortable handle contours and the SFT 1/8" stock adds a confidence inspiring amount of heft. The Burl is mesmerizing, and the Orange liners add a huge amount of visual POP to the knife. I can't wait to get to know this knife better.

Thank you, Phillip.

Here's a couple highly edited cell phone shots. I was too excited to remember to grab the DSLR!

IMG_20170922_181143_2.jpg

IMG_20170922_181329_2.jpg

You are welcome!
Glad you like it!!

post pics as you get to know it....errrrr...maybe not, might make me miss it:D:D:D:D:D

enjoy for real! & post pics

Freakin' Cool.

Wicked Shap (<-- Boston accent)

VANCE VANCE , please accept my belated but earnest (and ongoing!) gratitude for an incredible knife, the EDK (Every Day Karda)!

What a looker!
Rubbing_Eyes_emoticon.gif~original

IMG_8129.jpg~original

IMG_8130.jpg~original

IMG_8131.jpg~original

The EDK's handle is right up my alley in both length and contours-- seen here between a couple familiar favorites, the Patch and the Handyman:
IMG_8132.jpg~original

Direct handle compare:
IMG_8134.jpg~original

IMG_8135.jpg~original

The proof in the pudding:
IMG_8143.jpg~original

Oooh, la!

For Odaon Odaon :
IMG_8145.jpg~original

o_O

IMG_8144.jpg~original

The handle is fantastically comfortable in all grips, while still short enough to work well for every day karry. Even more, the slightly longer handle-to-blade ratio renders the beaked, direct blade very nimble in use-- a real treat. The scandi grind makes for a beastly sharp blade, immediately bringing to mind a couple of projects for it to feast upon.

Thanks so much!

~ P.

Back