• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

110 Destruction Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
...:eek: ...Wowza!!!...GigOne and Rat Finkenstein followed him down here?...(or is it up here???)...

I gotta go down to the lowerdecks and see what else is going on... :)

[size=-2]Last time I went down belowdecks it was to read the Ann_Dem thread...an hour and a half of my life gone forever... :grumpy: [/size]

Yeah, I'm just going to keep both knives. I don't know why I was even thinking to begin with.

I NOW see why you do what you do.
I found YOUR post below in the W&C forum.

On a lighter note, what's amusing to me is how much pot I've smoked while retaining an above-average memory. Maybe some peoples perception of pot is flawed, eh? That's another rant. But I will say this. Anyone using drugs as a scapegoat for their problems or another persons problems most definately needs to adjust his perception. Take a look inside yourself and you'll find most the answers you need are right under your nose.

I will not continue arguing with a drug addict. You really are a LOSER in the first degree.

When you say: "...right under you nose." I now know what you mean.

...:eek:...Wowza!!!...GigOne and Rat Finkenstein followed him down here?...(or is it up here???)...

I've been following this thread to see how it would unfold. Especially in light of his opening sentence. . . .

Vivi said:
The other night during an emergency two of my knives were destroyed.

. . . .and knew that it would be a humdinger ! :D

[size=-2]Last time I went down belowdecks it was to read the Ann_Dem thread...an hour and a half of my life gone forever... :grumpy: [/size]

Then you read the part where ann_dem was outted as actually being "Vlad Pavlov," a low-life thief that preys on the knife community ?

If not, take a look at pages 7 & 8 of said thread.

Amazing how many folks go to pieces when someone actually breaks a knife.

You missed the boat completely! Did you even read this entire thread? It's not about breaking a knife. It's about destroying it, and then going to great lengths to conjure up a story to make a B.S. scenario seem credible.

Then you read the part where ann_dem was outted as actually being "Vlad Pavlov," a low-life thief that preys on the knife community ?

Yup, I read all 17 pages (it was only 17 then - that's where I read the "...of my life" quote)...It was slow going at first, then it picked up speed and took on a life of its own... ;)

Obviously I found it interesting or I'd have quit early...good detective work... :) :thumbup:

I rarely visit the other Forums...truth to tell, there's just too many of them... :(

I NOW see why you do what you do.
I found YOUR post below in the W&C forum.

I will not continue arguing with a drug addict. You really are a LOSER in the first degree.

When you say: "...right under you nose." I now know what you mean.

Hmm maybe they were destroyed in a catastrophic bong making accident!
lol!

...I'm amazed...I drop a pin or rivet on my floor and it's gone forever never again to be seen...You "nuke" View attachment 65251 your knives into pieces of pins and rivets all over some county and you're able to find 'em...amazing...:rolleyes:
I have the perfect remedy for finding pins/rivets lost on the floor. If a visual inspection yields nothing then take off your shoes and maybe your socks and walk around. They are then guaranteed to imbed themselves in your flesh! Its a law of nature or maybe a subsection of Murphys law.
Also the chance of stepping on said lost object are exponentially increased in relation to the sharpness of said object.lol!

I have the perfect remedy for finding pins/rivets lost on the floor. If a visual inspection yields nothing then take off your shoes and maybe your socks and walk around. They are then guaranteed to imbed themselves in your flesh! Its a law of nature or maybe a subsection of Murphys law.
Also the chance of stepping on said lost object are exponentially increased in relation to the sharpness of said object.lol!

LOL! Aint that the truth.:D

...LOL...You do have a point there tholiver...I oughta just close my eyes when I drop one...turn off the lights and walk the area bare-footed...THAT should work...:p ...I'm obviously not as observant as "some people" when it comes to finding lost parts...LOL...

Don't ever do that around a reloading table a friend of mine found an unspent primer with his heel bang man that had to hurt....bigfsh

Don't ever do that around a reloading table a friend of mine found an unspent primer with his heel bang man that had to hurt....bigfsh

...Ya know...In days gone by I musta reloaded thousands upon thousands of shotgun shells...I used the 209 and old 57 primers...I never had one of them ignite even while trippin' all over the darn things...I musta been lucky in those days...I have heard of pistol or rifle primers being a bit more "sensitive" though...LOL...:eek:

Are you going to tell me that a man stepped on a live primer barefooted and it went off? Damn, He must have feet as hard as steel, weighed at least 1000 lbs. and been walking on concrete. Primers are very hard to detonate. You first have to support the anvil and rap the center of the back of the primer very sharply. I have reloaded pistol and rifle ammo for many years. A little shotgun too. I started out with a Lee Loader where I had to drive the primer into the shell with a plastic mallet and a steel rod. I have stepped on a few of them and never worried about them detonating.

Nolan

I started out with a Lee Loader where I had to drive the primer into the shell with a plastic mallet and a steel rod. I have stepped on a few of them and never worried about them detonating.

Nolan
...Ah memories, memories....My first loader was also a Lee ( I wonder if everyone who reloaded didn't start out with a Lee )...Thought sure I was gonna blow my head off with it the way I had to pound on that thing...LOL...Loaded a good round though...

Are you going to tell me that a man stepped on a live primer barefooted and it went off? Damn, He must have feet as hard as steel, weighed at least 1000 lbs. and been walking on concrete. Primers are very hard to detonate. You first have to support the anvil and rap the center of the back of the primer very sharply. I have reloaded pistol and rifle ammo for many years. A little shotgun too. I started out with a Lee Loader where I had to drive the primer into the shell with a plastic mallet and a steel rod. I have stepped on a few of them and never worried about them detonating.

Nolan

Especially if they were Winchester primers. Those are the hardest primers I know of.

Especially if they were Winchester primers. Those are the hardest primers I know of.

I started with an RCBS...Pistol primers have thinner "skins" than rifle primers...back when I was reloading 44 AMP & 357 AMP loads, I had to switch to the rifle primers...the pistol primers were flattening out before I got to max loads...Used to empty out the rangehouse when I started banging away...they loved to see that fireball... :D

Hey Vivi,
I know who you are from the other forums. I know you are a minimalist. You try to get the most from your knife buying dollar. And I know you don't destroy knives for fun. And I can believe that you might have "pushed the envelope" in using the knives beyond their capabilities.

That being said, I did want to ask about the knives. It really surprises me that the Byrd appeared to hold out better than the Buck. I've had a folding hunter since before they were called 110's. I've hammered and done dumb things with it and it has always blazed through. Is it possible that by the time you broke the Buck you were too exhausted to hit the Byrd as hard? Perhaps that's why the Byrd appeared to last longer?

Hope you did not damage yourself too much and that the knives died in a good cause.

...Ah memories, memories....My first loader was also a Lee ( I wonder if everyone who reloaded didn't start out with a Lee )...Thought sure I was gonna blow my head off with it the way I had to pound on that thing...LOL...Loaded a good round though...

I have lots of memories with the little Lee Loader. I was fresh out of the army with a family, not much money and an old Colt .45 auto. Mil Surplus ammo soon got too high. When they got to $4.00 a box they were too high for me. I was as happy as a frog in water when I discovered a seven dollar Lee and found out that I could turn out decent ammo with it. I even learned to cast bullets and size them without any expensive equipment. I would do my loading in the den where the tv was. Several times I was sitting there loading .45 rounds and my father in law was sitting nearby watching tv. Now and then I would pound that little steel rod one more time than I should have and the primer would detonate. My father in law would jump half way out of his chair before he realized what had just happened. I bout laughed my head off. All the damage done was the fingers of my left hand that was holding the rod would be blackened after the primer popped.

Nolan

I started with an RCBS...back when I was reloading 44 AMP & 357 AMP loads
...IIRC those were loads that had to be made up custom anyway back then...RCBS was the only company to put out dies to size and ream the trimmed down .308 or .30-06 brass... Nasty things those were...I guess they actually have "factory" loads for it these days...I feel so old sometimes...LOL...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back