I'm carrying my knife to and from work, it's what I do every day, hence it's my everyday carry. What's so hard to understand about that?

I'm within my legal means of leaving the knife in my car when I go by shopping on my way home.

I carry my knife at all hours on my own piece of land when it so makes sense.

I carry my knife every day, within the boundaries of the law. Hell I literally have a huge forest in my backyard.

This is from www.politi.dk
Det fremgår af Rigsadvokatens Meddelelse nr. 6 fra 2005, rettet 1. juli 2016, at det er Rigsadvokatens opfattelse, at der endvidere kan foretages ophold eller ærinder undervejs til/fra den lovlige aktivitet, når dette ud fra en samlet vurdering af omstændighederne må anses for rimeligt.

I denne vurdering vil bl.a. indgå formålet med og stedet for opholdet/ærindet, varigheden heraf, knivens placering og troværdigheden af forklaringen om omstændighederne omkring besiddelsen af kniven. Fx vil et ophold med henblik på at tanke benzin eller foretage indkøb på vej i sin bil til eller fra den aktivitet, hvor kniven skal anvendes, normalt ikke udgøre en overtrædelse af våbenloven, hvis kniven forbliver i bilen.

I just can't comprehend your angle of argument here, if you had any idea why these knife laws was enacted in the first place you'd 100% know these laws aren't targeted towards people like myself.

Show me where I admitted to carrying this knife in a public place without a valid reason. Hint: you can't.

Do you get off on trying to be some kind of authority or something? Even if I hypothetically was outside boundaries of the law it would require evaluation from a judge to decide if what I was doing is illegal or not.

Are you a judge mr.? Thought so.

I know the laws, I also know how to live within the boundaries of these laws. Part of my job is hunting for a living, you think I'm not aware of our weapons law.

Even with all of that said they even have this written on www.politi.dk aswell:
Ifølge forarbejderne til knivloven er det ikke hensigten, at det generelt skal være forbudt at være i besiddelse af almindelige små foldeknive – fx lommeknive, multiværktøjer eller proptrækkere med indbygget kniv – når de medbringes til dagligdags og fredelige, praktiske gøremål.

Det fremgår endvidere af forarbejderne til loven, at der – for så vidt angår afgrænsningen af anerkendelsesværdige formål – ikke er tilsigtet nogen ændring af den retstilstand, der hidtil har været gældende.
Piece of friendly advice: You want to tone that down/delete them or you will get dinged for insults.
If what you're doing is not being overzealous by its very definition, I must admit I have no idea what's happening here or why.

Last edited:
My Lionsteel SR2a is pretty overbuild and tough:

PA4CzNb4-fBSMlQU7scY0p2RaL84Do8y3XMGsIOV-QxIi7FEjnXh3eYUoVtAMjSimn1ZXmImuTiCCltcS1wwEoygQrs1qo14SuR3mrl_SDWKZ_k5IekW2-u72_sk443tEeVeD9QOewvVZBVeyPCEBhI7b361WhhB4L0RGPt6ZPJSqjMMv8WWK0e9kTtrglnVg9W17MbbK3gyWzSKKuxwvpCWsWy8FmH61wmL6SGQdgHDvHRVr21bIuKAVLXr5AxQC2NKhuI0uNsz0SFiOGi4qdMtBr2_KowGywVx9zshXxu4CdszjSnPPgwUVhC7V9hMboTjtcs3pfRLmCQKH1z3sFVprKePJxO-4pa__SZ3R4mcrPsp1RitLNYLnSiZqRzNeNp0B7DNeEqDUm2WNM1V1R8_n_1xHqd97J6W8qSWDC5FJwTyYM_X2Wf6dLKdQxcnby7lfOo56rp0FOxdvkTcRDGPNVyzM3vh-scI2KOp21_WGyg_RnT6El4N2dpa53IzM7wyXwJUJCK7PfktpQ4V_DjUgq2w9R449TSAChVnFRN6nJHDjL1--_b7tJdf6MxvYXsTD1w6L_OFrwdOaNUzw1qjX8jVD8kGFn-7GUA=w800-h534-no

Love the knife!

OK since you ask a direct question - the answer of which will decide this silly non-debate (as you dont know the law).

Prior to the latest revised Danish knife law, it was legal to EDC a short THO non-locking folder (think SAK).

That you have read the knife law 'hundreds of times,' as you say, without comprehending the very clear text, must make you either dense ...or you have not read the latest revised law.
Im willing to offer you the benefit of the doubt in this matter.

That you are ignorant of the latest revised and current Danish knife law of July 2016 goes a long way in regards to explaining your stance.

It unequivocally and in VERY clear text states the following:

1KtCq1b.jpg

"Law concerning knives and bladed weapons.

We, Margrethe II, queen by the grace of God, hereby declare

The Folketinget (the government) has succesfully voted for and We by law decree the following*:

1. Knives and bladed weapons etc can NOT be carried in any/the public space, places of education, youth clubs, clubs where kids go after school etc, unless the carrying of a knife or blade is in line of work or as being used for hunting, fishing, sports or other justified purpose."

It has been unequivocally stated again and again from the police/department of justice, that you can carry a knife, if you go straight to the activity and then back home.

You can go directly to the woods and whittle a stick.

You can go fishing/hunting and go straight back home.

You can not legally saunter through town with a PM2 clipped to your pocket.

You can in short not EDC a knife - any knife - in Denmark.

You can shop on the way home from an activity but knife has to stay in the car.

You buy a hobby or kitchen blade and carry it home in a bag (bettter have the recent receipt).

Whether or not one gets in trouble is up to the law to determine.

Depends on the placement of the knife and and other factors.

You will of course now either admit to not knowing the latest law, apologize and we are good - or you will continue your hitherto futile argument and claim, that you have a justified purpose.

But that simply dont fly in Denmark vis a vis the current law/situation.

Workers have been in hot water for shopping with their work knife clipped to a pocket or on the belt, when they were going to or from work.

You can not simply not make up a scenario, where its legally justified to carry a knife 24/7 in Denmark because you simply dont use the knife every minute of the day/night.

(Weirdly, the above new law made OHO locking folders like many Spyderco knives legal - you just cant EDC them or any knife for that matter. Not even a SAK like one could before the latest knife law.
You still need a permit for blades over 12cm).

After a slew of stabbings, the police takes this very seriously and there are 'frisk zones' in major cities.

Most recently, there has been talk of making 'mobile frisk zones,' so the police can cast a net and frisk whom ever they want, when and where they want in public.

Several law abiding citizens with clean rap sheets (like you claim to have) have gotten in trouble with the law because of this new revised knife law.

Several claimed to not having known about the knife law but they got punished none the less - the official stance is, that ignorance of any law is no valid excuse.

They want the 'usual suspect' but in reality, it means everybody can be frisked.

This is fully in line with the knife policies in other countries in Europe.

Thx for the insults BTW.

Piece of friendly advice: You want to tone that down/delete them or you will get dinged for insults.

*Denmark is a constitutional monarchy

Most recent knife law in full (you might want to read that 'a hundred times' (more)).
https://www.retsinformation.dk/Forms/R0710.aspx?id=179910

I'm carrying my knife to and from work, it's what I do every day, hence it's my everyday carry. What's so hard to understand about that?

I'm within my legal means of leaving the knife in my car when I go by shopping on my way home.

I carry my knife at all hours on my own piece of land when it so makes sense.

I carry my knife every day, within the boundaries of the law. Hell I literally have a huge forest in my backyard.

This is from www.politi.dk:

I just can't comprehend your angle of argument here, if you had any idea why these knife laws was enacted in the first place you'd 100% know these laws aren't targeted towards people like myself.

Show me where I admitted to carrying this knife in a public place without a valid reason. Hint: you can't.

Do you get off on trying to be some kind of authority or something? Even if I hypothetically was outside boundaries of the law it would require evaluation from a judge to decide if what I was doing is illegal or not.

Are you a judge mr.? Thought so.

I know the laws, I also know how to live within the boundaries of these laws. Part of my job is hunting for a living, you think I'm not aware of our weapons law.

Even with all of that said they even have this written on www.politi.dk aswell:

If what you're doing is not being overzealous by its very definition, I must admit I have no idea what's happening here or why.

Ohh dear Lord.

Your original post claimed EDC.

If thats your stance, you dont understand the concept of EDC.

Its the casual dropping of a knife in a pocket no matter the activity.

This is not legal in Denmark.

You are not at work every day, you dont hunt every day.

'Not targeted at you' - wow, just wow. The ignorance.

The law is targeted at everybody!!
And several ordinary Danes with clean rap sheets have gotten into trouble with the law.

Besides plenty of hunters can be blithering idiots just like ordinary people - I know, Im an avid hunter myself :D and know plenty, who dont know all aspects of all knife laws.

But we are travelling in a circle here; you say you EDC and first you claim you know its not legal but you live in a rural area and dont care.

Now you are frantically backpedalling.

Its all in your posts.

Ohh dear Lord.

Your original post claimed EDC.

If thats your stance, you dont understand the concept of EDC.

Its the casual dropping of a knife in a pocket no matter the activity.

This is not legal in Denmark.

You are not at work every day, you dont hunt every day.

'Not targeted at you' - wow, just wow. The ignorance.

The law is targeted at everybody!!
And several ordinary Danes with clean rap sheets have gotten into trouble with the law.

Besides plenty of hunters can be blithering idiots just like ordinary people - I know, Im an avid hunter myself :D and know plenty, who dont know all aspects of all knife laws.

But we are travelling in a circle here; you say you EDC and first you claim you know its not legal but you live in a rural area and dont care.

Now you are frantically backpedalling.

Its all in your posts.
For the sake of argument, I'll concede that I don't carry my knife no matter the activity.

You're right, if I'm visiting family in the capital I'm leaving my knife at home.

Also I am in fact at work everyday (barring me being too sick to work), it's family business.

Now what?

You sure showed me not to mention "EDC" specifically, what a joke lol.

Bladescout said:

Im 'overzealous' because I give you a friendly warning to tone down the insults lest you get dinged?

Okay, you are quite right of course - by all means, keep it up.

For the sake of argument, I'll concede that I don't carry my knife no matter the activity.

You're right, if I'm visiting family in the capital I'm leaving my knife at home.

Also I am in fact at work everyday (barring me being too sick to work), it's family business.

Now what?

You sure showed me not to mention "EDC" specifically, what a joke lol.

You dont read too good, do ya.

My initial post:

"I assume its a typo."

Trust me, if I could prevent one law abiding citizen from landing in jail due to ignorance, then Im happy

You dont read too good, do ya.

My initial post:

"I assume its a typo."

Trust me, if I could prevent one law abiding citizen from landing in jail due to ignorance, then Im happy
Listen friendo, I got a hunting license, I literally had to pass a written exam covering weapon law. I'm a knife (and firearms) enthusiast, I know the law, and I also know what I'm doing is never realistically going to land me in trouble, first of all because what I'm doing is not wrong, and second of all because the law supports exactly what I'm doing.

Capiche?

Oh and yeah I'm truly sorry for using the term "EDC", I'll remind myself to say it's the knife I'm carrying for the day instead, since apparently that makes all the difference with you.

I was not trying to be offensive it appears you & I differ on things ...and I know different does not mean bad ...it means different and in todays world everyones view must be tolerated and to not do so is prejudice and that leads to hate and that reminds me of the brown shirts of the 1930s .....Anyway I just want to get along because GOD is watching and I dont want to get dinged.....lets get back to knives shall we.

The biggest folder I have is a para military 2 ...and thats not over built at all from the looks of some of the knives on here. Question, are over built folders as durable as fixed blades of the same size?

Listen friendo, I got a hunting license, I literally had to pass a written exam covering weapon law. I'm a knife (and firearms) enthusiast, I know the law, and I also know what I'm doing is never realistically going to land me in trouble, first of all because what I'm doing is not wrong, and second of all because the law supports exactly what I'm doing.

Capiche?

'Friendo?'

The law supports you?

Sorry, bud, I cant go in these futile circles any more.

I honestly wanted to warn you in case you didnt know the law.

Be careful; if somebody gets caught illegally carrying a knife, they lose all their gun permits.

All I said, was that I assumed it was a typo since you cant legally EDC in Denmark.

You wanted me to prove, where it says no EDC and I did with a link to the law.

That you are backpedalling like mad now doesnt change, what you posted:
It's not a typo, I do EDC my knife every day.

I live way out in the rurals. Yes what I'm doing is arguably illegal, but first I have to actually have an encounter with the police which is incredibly unlikely, and second the encounter need to go so badly for me that they'll shake me down. I'll take my chances and carry as I've always done.

I understand the youthful exuberance of wanting to show off a knife and for claiming EDC but thats just not legal in Denmark any more.

You think you are not targeted - that the law isnt directed at people like you. You havent grasped the situation in Denmark.

Its a hopeless ignorant POV.

You need to keep abreast with what is happening.

The police/DOJ is really gunning for people with knives (no pun intended).

You get caught with a knife, you go down.

They are making examples of EVERYBODY - not least citizens with a clean rap sheets

The last mad example was a 70ies something law abiding citizen who got in trouble for cutting cake with a SAK at a restaurant in Copenhagen.

He didnt know the law.

He didnt think, it was targeted at him.

He had a 70 yrs + clean rap sheet.

He got in trouble.

As for hunting liscence: Check.
Written exam for weapons law: Check. Several exams in fact. Also counting my IPSC liscence here.
Knife and firearms enthusiast: Check. Like many here, I have literally hundreds of blades ... and some firearms as well. Plenty of members here have oceans of knives and guns.

As for hunting; good luck hunting Roe deer. They are cute.

Speaking of hunting, here is a photo, I snapped on a hunting trip to Africa.

M9zdAtX.jpg

It's cute you think you're above insults yet here we are.
Hardly an insult.

If anything it was bad English on my part and purely meant as a joke to alleviate the atmosphere.

My post simply explained the origin.

It obviously failed alleviating much of anything.

As mentioned, it from Zoolander - a silly but pretty funny spoof on the fashion industry.

9QWa6Nk.png

'Capiche?'

LOL.

I didnt realize, that You are Italian-Danish, that explains the temper.

:D:D:D

Last edited:
I honestly wanted to warn you in case you didnt know the law.
Sure you did, and I'm letting you know that I know the law, and I'll keep carrying knives like I've done for the better part of 20 years now.

You really don't have to be concerned :rolleyes:, it's quite alright.

Is that a Kudu that you shot in the pic?

You bet.

Didnt skin him with an overbuilt folder though.

I remember bringing a favorite (at the time) German knife.

Some scumbag a-hole later stole it.

I miss that knife for the hunting memories, as it went along on quite a few trips.

Sure you did, and I'm letting you know that I know the law, and I'll keep carrying knives like I've done for the better part of 20 years now.

You really don't have to be concerned :rolleyes:, it's quite alright.
Not concerned in the slightest - not after reading the rest of your posts.

You seemed a bit ... confused, is all. Going from 'I know, what Im doing is illegal but taking my chances' to 'I now suddenly have a valid purpose, the law supports me, Im not targeted and its none of your business.'

And you are of course correct in the sense, that it I shouldnt be concerned at all.

As long, as you are happy with your choices.

Have a good one, buckaroo.

:rolleyes:

Not concerned in the slightest - not after reading the rest of your posts.

You seemed a bit ... confused, is all. Going from 'I know, what Im doing is illegal but taking my chances' to 'I now suddenly have a valid purpose, the law supports me, Im not targeted and its none of your business.'

And you are of course correct in the sense, that it I shouldnt be concerned at all.

As long, as you are happy with your choices.

Have a good one, buckaroo.

:rolleyes:
I'm not letting you get away with lying. I never said what I was doing is illegal, I said it was arguably illegal, do I really have to explain the difference between the two?

Do you understand that if you're "caught" with a knife in Denmark that the police, and later a judge will evaluate if you were operating within the boundaries of the law every time?

Do you then understand that under certain circumstances the way I carry daily could maybe, perhaps, arguably be interpreted as being illegal, but it could also very well be interpreted as LEGAL?

It's honestly pathetic that you're lying not only to me, but everyone else here to prove a point that isn't even supported by the framework of the goddamn law.

Yes "EDC" if it pertains to your narrow definition is illegal in Denmark under the strictest interpretation of the law. You got that right, congratulations.

I carry my knife every day (well lets be real, about 95% of the time), what more do you want for me to call it EDC? Well, let me ask, what do you call the sort of carrying I do? To and from work, sometimes go by the gas station or the local grocery store leaving my knife in my car while doing so?

What is that kind of carry supposed to be called? I certainly don't want to upset you and mislead you any longer.

I have always favored smaller fixed blades think bird and trout , that said I dont big game hunt just birds mainly. Here in the states unlike Europe they dont much like dogs going afield when it comes to shooting deer and I dont think my small munsterland would forgive me if I went off hunting w/o her. Dont get me wrong I love large blades to look at or fondle but breasting out a dove might be a tad difficult w/some of these over built folders...or fix blades for that matter

Back