18" Keffeler Sword (K18), AKA The KOD Piece

Nathan the Machinist Nathan the Machinist - will the final version of the K18 have the finger pocket/choil (like the prototype) or not (like the screen snapshot image of the CAD model)?

It won't have finger choils. It may have small sharpening choils but probably not.

But, this would require that I sell some of my favorite custom knives......

If you have custom knives you enjoy and use, I’d avoid selling them. Even in new condition, you rarely get back most of what you spent on a custom knife, unless it’s a custom folder from a maker who’s suddenly become popular but you got in before the rush.

If you have custom knives you enjoy and use, I’d avoid selling them. Even in new condition, you rarely get back most of what you spent on a custom knife, unless it’s a custom folder from a maker who’s suddenly become popular but you got in before the rush.

Made that mistake with a custom slipjoint from J.Oeser. while closing on a house, right before Christmas. Was worried about unexpected fees popping up.

Stupid travel schedule. I missed again.

If by some miracle, someone drops out, I'll take one without a sharpened back edge...

email: jo(no space)carothers (at) gmail (dot) com...

Beg, grovel and apologize for your tardiness and see if anyone dropped out or is slacking on payment. Her Baby Girl needs shoes braces soon :D

Oh, tell her Uncle Matty sent Ya and you ought to get automatically banned! LOL!

Wow... had no idea those were that far along the pipeline. I've got goosebumps!

Is it just the pic, or do those blades look like they're blackened/darkened?

Those are Dan Keffeler's iterations albeit protos and maybe custom or what not. I think that Nathan's CPK version will be similar but purely going by Nathan's CAD photo posted on this subform, there will be some differences. I have no idea how far long the CPK-K18 prototypes are unless those displayed came from Nathan which I doubt because two of them (the 3rd is standing the other way around so can't see it on the one) bear the Keffeler silverback insignia.

#notexactlythecpkk18

From Dr. Dan's IG:

View attachment 1173449 From

urvmiAB.png

Custom pieces out of Dan’s shop. I can’t wait for the production version! :thumbsup::)

Last edited:
Back