18" Keffeler Sword (K18), AKA The KOD Piece

Man, I’m glad there’s folk with a sense of humor in here. Was looking like a Quaker forum for a minute there!!!!

I just plan to hold and love and squeeze and name it George, then destroy everything I can find......Ron Jeremy just embodies it better than I could express it

Last edited:
Ron Jeremy is like my nose. Always there but not what I'm looking at...

you kind of tune your nose out of the picture. It's like tinnitus, your ears are ringing but you usually don't notice it. I don't usually see Ron Jeremy. I don't think I want to see Ron Jeremy. Ugh

Ron Jeremy is like my nose. Always there but not what I'm looking at...

you kind of tune your nose out of the picture. It's like tinnitus, your ears are ringing but you usually don't notice it. I don't usually see Ron Jeremy. I don't think I want to see Ron Jeremy. Ugh

You should be kinder to your nose. You piss it off by using RJ as an analogous and it may just like RJ go around looking for trouble (in your case the Coronavirus). You must apologize to your snout!

You may not “want” to see him in his professional work environment. But the Wrecking Ball spoof of Miley Cyrus is off the charts

Trigger Warning. No nudity , nor vulgarity, just a bit of comic relief. If anyone is offended, I’ll gladly remove it.

Last edited:
You may not “want” to see him in his professional work environment. But the Wrecking Ball spoof of Miley Cyrus is off the charts

Trigger Warning. No nudity , nor vulgarity, just a bit of comic relief. If anyone is offended, I’ll gladly remove it.
[/QUOT

Holy Sh@t, I didn’t know that was a real thing when I made the above comment, just saw him on the wrecking ball and thought of it, this thread just keeps getting better.
Nathan’s nose and tinnitus comments in regard to the hedgehog are some of the truest words ever written online ;)

Really looking forward to seeing what you come up with for this beast.;)

Yeah same here. Im sure they will some kind of heavy duty perfection. As Nathan mentioned Dan is at handle tweaking process, that I've notices in those videos also. In one video he is wearing gloves and handle is with only scales and in another he got some tape wrapped on handle scales and he is without gloves.

I think they want some better grip on scales to use sword without gloves and any tape on scales. So in my opinion it will take some shape adjustments and maybe some grippy material as scales like terotuf. Because wielding sword of that size with handle which slips in your hand isnt good feeling lol.

I believe they will come to an ultimate solution as they usually do on their other blades. Cant wait to see final product. Good luck and may god be with you all.

I NEED my K18. I am considered essential personnel and have to/get to go to work. Unfortunately a lot of people don't get the whole social distancing thing. I currently use my UF and explain to people that if I push it towards them and then pull it back, red on the tip means they were too close. The K18's blade length and my extended arm would be right at 6 feet. Plus its safe to say that most people would give me extra space on top of that. ;-) So you see it is now a matter of need versus want.

I was intrigued by gunslinger's idea for COVID-19 social distancing tactics and wondered if I could physically apply his idea (not that I actually would). I fenced competitively through high school and college (foil and sabre), so I figured I had some practical experience using long metal things to keep people at a distance.

Then Rainman came out.

I stand 6' 0" and wear 16.5/34 shirts.
Measurement from my armpit to fingertips is just over 30" (figured that's appropriate site to measure from my torso).
Next I added on the full length of the K18 -- 28.6"

That got me out to 58.6" maximum -- nearly 5 feet of reach isn't too bad.
But need to subtract at least 4-5" for hand/grip overlap, subtract a bit more if I want to have decent control at full extension with the K-18's weight
That puts me closer to 4 1/2 feet at best, way less than 6 feet.
With a tip to pommel length of 42 inches I could just about reach 6 feet -- that's not me with a K-18.

So I figured that gunslinger probably has a substantially larger wingspan than me. I can deal with that but I still had to wonder.

Then I looked at the problem from the opposite direction: subtract the K-18's length from 72" and see what happens.
A body would need about 48" arms to make that work. Who has arms that long?

https://www.iol.co.za/technology/worlds-longest-arms-in-good-use-307542

Conclusion: (Absurd things) x (terrifying things) + dolphins = H2G2 (HHGTTG).

Which is not too far off from present times...

Although I will be using my K18 in my dominant hand (right), I will also pick up a shield for my left so my entire battle-ready posture will be different to the two above scenarios. I will lead with the shield and will wield the K18. I think that this is the way which Sensei Nathan had in mind :)

I was intrigued by gunslinger's idea for COVID-19 social distancing tactics and wondered if I could physically apply his idea (not that I actually would). I fenced competitively through high school and college (foil and sabre), so I figured I had some practical experience using long metal things to keep people at a distance.

Then Rainman came out.

Measurement from my armpit to fingertips is just over 30" (figured that's appropriate site to measure from my torso).

But need to subtract at least 4-5" for hand/grip overlap, subtract a bit more if I want to have decent control at full extension with the K-18's weight
With a tip to pommel length of 42 inches I could just about reach 6 feet -- that's not me with a K-18.

So I figured that gunslinger probably has a substantially larger wingspan than me. I can deal with that but I still had to wonder.

Then I looked at the problem from the opposite direction: subtract the K-18's length from 72" and see what happens.

Which is not too far off from present times...
I actually saw a social distancing meme about this that made me laugh, but I can't find it.

It showed an illustration of a guy holding a foil (or maybe a knife), then the 2nd illustration shows a classic fencing lunge. The caption reads, "If tip is red, you're too close".:D

Y

Then Rainman came out.

Which is not too far off from present times...[/QUOTE

you gave it WAY more thought than me I was rough estimating but I do think that people would be naturally inclined to give you the extra space needed that would be lacking from my arm length+ K18 blade length.

Back