18" Keffeler Sword (K18), AKA The KOD Piece

Any serious updates?

We're debugging the grinding operation. We'll (hopefully) start cutting chips on the Mori within the next few weeks. I am seriously behind schedule on the K18, but it's not for lack of trying. I will get it done and they will be right, but it's going to be late. Possibly very late.

I'll have something to post here in a few weeks. I hope.

^ Nathan is healthy and that takes his craft and his business very seriously. Once he decides to put his stamp on something, he will darn make sure that his reputation and his legacy remains intact. Otherwise, the K18 roll out will most likely experience a few months delay, some beyond Nathan's scope, as opposed to the 1 year time frame target from the closure of that preorder.

The message was for Madcap before Nathan rudely interrupted me :confused:

Could I ask the dimensions of that piece? Looks like a perfect finish.

The chuck is 16X32, the sheet is a little smaller.

This is 3V I had made specifically for the K18 project. 3V is not a perfectly isotropic material so for this sword project I had less cross rolling than normally applied to the material which runs out and elongates the grain along the length of the sword.

The chuck is 16X32, the sheet is a little smaller.

This is 3V I had made specifically for the K18 project. 3V is not a perfectly isotropic material so for this sword project I had less cross rolling than normally applied to the material which runs out and elongates the grain along the length of the sword.
Its details like this that get me turning awkward and clumsy cartwheels around in the yard. Which I will NOT do with sword in hand. :eek:;):):):):):)

Back