• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

2" x 72" Belt Grinder kit $369.99

I am not out any money and happy I did not buy into this crap.

If I had someones money....be it a dollar or several hundred, I would do everything I could in my power to keep in contact regardless. I think it is BS, there is always a way to at least get on the internet, Library/friend/ foe.... and contact those involved to assure them there money is safe and I am on top of things.:jerkit:

I see nothing but bad things coming to this guy. If I am out of line forgive me.....We all work hard for our money and some of us dont have much at all. So deals like this just rub me the wrong way.

Hope all of you get your money back or at least a functional grinder and a fat discount.

That is all.

i think it is time for you guys to post about this in the GBU so that no one else gets taking by this guy

lee

I contacted Will when he first posted these he was prompt on getting back with me.But i wanted to wait and see what people had to say about the grinder once they got them, well im still waiting! Will you need to address this problem!
Sorry this has went bad for so many of you!!!:grumpy:

I know it looks bad, hopeless really. But I am still hoping that there some legitimate reason for what's going on.

Jake

This guy is in hiding, I have 2 phone numbers for him, 2 addresses and he has an I-phone connected to email. Calling and emailing does no good.

I know he has an I-Phone because the last email he sent when he told me he was leaving town and would be back in a few days he sent it from his I-Phone which automatically wrote "sent from I-Phone" at the end of the email.

He has no excuse for not keeping in touch.

I suspect that he's used all of our money to pay for parts that vendors are not coming through on &/or not doing for the price he thought they would, and is not man enough to face the music.

Excuses used to this point:

2 - unexpected trips out of town
1 - lost wallet that delayed payment to vendor
1 - vendor screw up on handles
1 - computer problems

Even poor packaging was blamed on UPS, said he dropped them off and they shipped them (steel parts loose in single wall box 2/3 full of peanuts & 1 piece of tape on each seam).

20 days since any communication of substance

Last edited:
this is every thing i could find, its found using the website www.who.is and you just put in his website. not the same address on his website. last time i posted this address he showed up and asked me to remove it

Domain Name.......... hurleyknives.com
Creation Date........ 2004-10-03
Registration Date.... 2004-10-03
Expiry Date.......... 2010-10-03
Organisation Name.... Wil Hurley
Organisation Address. 3221 State Route 139
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. Portsmouth
Organisation Address. 45662
Organisation Address. OH
Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Admin Name........... Wil Hurley
Admin Address........ 3221 State Route 139
Admin Address........
Admin Address........ Portsmouth
Admin Address........ 45662
Admin Address........ OH
Admin Address........ UNITED STATES
Admin Email.......... @yahoo.com
Admin Phone.......... +1.7404560513
Admin Fax............

Tech Name............ YahooDomains TechContact
Tech Address......... 701 First Ave.
Tech Address.........
Tech Address......... Sunnyvale
Tech Address......... 94089
Tech Address......... CA
Tech Address......... UNITED STATES
Tech Email........... @YAHOO-INC.COM
Tech Phone........... +1.4089162124
Tech Fax.............
Name Server.......... yns1.yahoo.com
Name Server.......... yns2.yahoo.com

Cpirtle and I have both filed for complaint resolution thru Ebay. I unfortunately paid with a personal check so no PayPal help. Ebay has stated that they will take further action if there is no response by Nov. 6th

last time i posted this address he showed up and asked me to remove it..

I have this address as well. Probably the reason he is worried about this address being made public is because the one he has listed on his web site was foreclosed on, looks like it was auctioned while all of this has been going on and was finalized yesterday.

He still owes the bank about $60k so I guess we know where our money is going.

Well you guy I truly feel sorry for losses times are tough let alone to be taken by sombody.:barf: Just remember what comes around goes around.

too bad about him losing the house and all. what i don't get is this. anyone who has been around this forum for very long knows that most folks here are pretty understanding and forgiving IF there is communication. if he would have been up front I'm sure people would have been more accommodating.

too bad all the way around

Jake

He has received some bad feedback on Ebay with no reply on there either. I know a while back he was making and selling some knives and seemed to be a stand up guy? Not good all around, especially for those who sent him $$.

For the people that have gotten grinders but are missing parts i work at a machine shop and can try and help. just drop me a line, i really feel bad for all the people out money. I am slow when it comes to shipping stuff but i am trying to be better but I AM ALWAYS 100% HONEST and take care of my people.

Jarod...

DUDE...

I know you have worse ADD than I do, but you've got people begging for communication on your edge scribe thread. You're only going to piss people from that thread off and bury yourself deeper by volunteering to try and save these folks.... especially since this shows you have time to help these guys out but not the ones who you already have their money.

It's a noble thing to do, it really is... but you need to FOCUS buddy!!!! :)

Just trying to nudge ya in the right direction :)

This is really a downer. i was really looking forward to upgrading my Grizzly grinder and this kit was going to be a big upgrade.

I guess by the way this thread is going it was too good to be true. I believed with this grinder i would be able to really produce nicer knives. I just cant afford a KMG right now....

I hope everyone comes out....

Carto

On a good note....There is always the Coote:thumbup::D

This is really a downer. i was really looking forward to upgrading my Grizzly grinder and this kit was going to be a big upgrade.

I guess by the way this thread is going it was too good to be true. I believed with this grinder i would be able to really produce nicer knives. I just cant afford a KMG right now....

I hope everyone comes out....

Carto

On a good note....There is always the Coote:thumbup::D

I started on Sears 2 X 42, then up graded to a Coote. They are a great grinder. They are pulley driven so you can even upgrade the motor to a variable speed, unlike the single speed Grizzly.

I did speak to Rob this past week and can't wait for my loaded KMG to get here next week:D

Back