2000th Post Customer Appreciation 10 knife Giveaway

Thanks for the GAW Dave. Very kind of you Sir.
"just remember you are unique, just like everyone else."
Maybe not the most useful quote, but it made me laugh, so theres something.

BF is a great site and community. From awesome dealers like KG to the individuals supporting JK Knives is his time of trial.

Thanks for the s30v blur blem...I love it!

Now I'm begging for forgiveness
I wanna make a difference even in the smallest way
I'm only one person, but I can feel it working
I believe in better days
That's why I pray

Thanks Dave.
I have spent countless hours with my sons enjoying our knives. From using to just admiring them it truly is a pleasure to share with them. I have also met several really good people through this hobby and can honestly say that they have enhanced my life.

Thanks again

Dave,
Still loving my R.A.M. and Packrat (thanks for digging up that orange one). Have not bought ZT from you yet, I will keep you in mind. Nice to see a "positive post only" thread, lots of nice things to read for someone who might need it. Thanks for the chance and giving back in general.

As a "new as you can get" customer I really appreciate the fact that you're there if anyone is looking for a Kershaw, we all have our *BF Built In Kershaw KnifeStore." :p

A saying/quote I guess that has kind of stuck with me throughout the years has been "Oh God, thy sea is so great and my boat is so small." I heard it in a church service as a small child- - 5 to 7 yrs. old maybe. Many years into my adult life I found that that saying was actually a "Fisherman's prayer." During hard times and trials and tribulations that everyone goes through at times in their life, whenever I would cross paths with another trial or tribulation..... at times I would always remember that quote. Some times to my detriment. It would make me feel another butt whippin' was coming my way and there was nothing I could do.

But one day I decided to go through my Bible and try an find every time the Lord said "Fear not." I did this in 1996. I knew through my sporadic readings as a kid that I would find that phrase from time to time. I found many verses where the Lord would say "Fear not." So I wrote every one down. It took me a tad over seven months. I found 25 verses where that was said. Something VERY VERY almost chilling and Inspirational happened around ten months ago (around that time frame) with this "Fear not" thing I am talking about. Read on.

My favorite "Fear not" verse is Isaiah 41:10 : "Fear thou not for I am with thee. Be not dismayed for I am thy God. I will strengthen thee; Yea, I will help thee; Yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." That verse gives me goosebumps, I can just picture him saying this in a thunderous voice....lol....at least that is my thinking and it always helps me no matter what.

A little over a year ago (July/Aug) I heard a preacher on AM radio and I was listening on an old GE P-780 eight transistor radio (it's a hobby.) Look up that radio on google, they don't make them like that anymore. But I wrote a small letter to the church telling the pastor that I heard the sermon etc. etc. And lo and behold I received either a pretty big manilla envelope in the mail, it was from that church I had wrote to. It had all kinds of things in it, gospel tracts etc. But the last thing I pulled out was a 17 x 11 (I think the 11 is right, I have the bottom part covered that has nothing on it) calendar.

The calendar is titled.....yeah baby....."FEAR NOT.":D At the very top of the calendar it has that verse I quoted above and directly underneath it in big gold letters it says "FEAR NOT." And one and three quarter inches underneath that in small print it gives every fear not verse in the Bible, just the chapter and verse. That is where I learned I missed three of them (verses). But that calendar means more to me than just a calendar, the seperate months inside that make the calendar measure 2 1/2" x 2 and that is pretty small, but I have it framed along with a 13 1/2 x 19" picture and another thing - a graph.....these are in a frame measuring 30 1/4 x 20. It hangs on the wall right in front of me above my desk.

Pretty cool huh? Sixteen years in between. Coincidence? I'd like to think not.:thumbup: Now I am sure there are going to be the skeptics to pick it apart etc. etc. But that's my story and I'm sticking to it and you're not getting pictures either. Ha!

Thanks for the chance to win one of those fine knives. I would give the knife to my son, it would light his face up....

Kershawguy,

Just this week I received a ZT 0560 and a couple of orange Skylines from you. While the ZT 0560 is for me, the Skylines were purchased as gifts. One is for my brother-in-law, whose birthday is next Thursday, the 30th of August. The second is for a friend who is a fellow knife fan and has a birthday coming up in October. I know it sounds less than gracious, but in all my years I've received more than a few "dud" gifts. Although I would never admit it to my loved ones, God bless them, some of the stuff I've gotten from them over the years has made me wonder if they've ever known me at all. I know it's the thought that counts, but who can deny that when you get something that truly reflects who you are, it makes the occasion far more memorable?

In recent years my wife and daughter have really stepped up their game, and I'm eternally grateful for it. As for my friends, sometimes their wives and kids "mail it in" when it comes to getting something for Dad; I know that mine have in the past. To them I say: Don't worry; they'll figure you out someday. In the meantime, here's something cool from a fellow Dad to tide you over.

"The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult; the day he forgives himself, he becomes wise."

- Alden Nowlan

Thanks for the opportunity! My wallet has yet to see the damage your existence on this forum can create, it has only gotten a mere taste.

Thanks for the opportunity Dave, bought a blem Leek S30V and G10 from Kershawguy, my brother-in-law liked my wife's so much that I had to pick one up for him.

Positive thought - I'm a very blessed man with a wonderful wife (who puts up with and occasionally participates in my knife habit), 2 children, 5 grandchildren, and 2 crazy dogs. LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Still liking the Kershaw Rogue. Awesome knife.

I am just glad to be able to do the things I do with my beautiful wife and two energetic boys. I cherish every moment and look forward to what's next.

Thanks for the chance.

Hi Dave,
Thanks so much for the chance for winning a great knife. I don't own a ZT yet, so I have my fingers crossed. Life for me has gotten, um, interesting over the past ten years. One of the great things that happened in this challenging time, is I found knife collecting. And it has helped me get through this time. Not the knives of course. But the amazing people I have met in this time. I can't afford a lot of knives, but I have some that are priceless, because they where given by friends on forums throughout the internet. I don't have a lot like others. But I have more than others, and I am truly blessed, again, not because of knives, but because of the people. But the knives are the icing on the cake. :D

Thanks,

Thank you so much for the opportunity.

I am so thankful to exist, i was thinking the other day, how amazing it is to be alive, even if things might be a little rough sometimes, just that fact that i am living and breathing is a miracle to me, i am glad my parents met each other and gave me the blessing of life, if events in their lives had happened differently i may not have been born into this world, it's hard to fathom not existing. I truly am grateful for my life, and it is a feeling that will get stronger as i get older and have my own kids i think.

This is the good stuff, :) Bladeforums, and particularly the folks here on the Kershaw side inspired me to do my own giveaway locally. its a really great thing.

The community here is very strong and thats something to appreciate and live by. Thanks Kershawguy, thanks Kershaw/ZT, thanks Bladeforums!!!!

Nothing warms the heart like giving or receiving a knife. :D

(Dave, thanks for shipping to a canuck... My wilfe loves her Red RAM...)

It has only been 4 months since I joined this wonderful forum, but in that time, I have learned more about knives than I EVER would have thought imaginable. Its just so welcoming having a place where there are other people who understand that knives are extremely useful tools and not “scary murdering weapons”. I love the community that has been established around these forums. I dont know what I would do without this place...

If i was to tell you one thing... it would be this. I would be a much richer man, if I hadn’t joined these forums.. but i would also be a lot more dull ;)

Thank you for the chance with this giveaway Dave. You are a cool dude.

Dave,

At a time of one layoff after another, your post brought a smile to my face. Thanks!

Back