2011 fish pic thread

First fish of the year.

3-19-2011002.jpg

Second fish of the year.

3-19-2011009.jpg

when is grabbing season? sucker is pretty good if you have a friend that knows how to fix it ;)

Great job fellas!

Dip that is a helluva River Smallie bro!

I will contribute in a couple of weeks I hope.:)

Second fish , Im not sure. Some sort of Sucker, Carp, or perhaps a Buffalo.

edited, Second fish is a Smallmouth Buffalo.

Last edited:
I wont be contributing much more for awhile . I have prostate cancer , and will be laid up for a month or two. Dr thinks its confined. Ill have more pics later on.

Very sorry to hear of your illness. I always enjoy your posts. I have three friends who have had the same illness and are all cured 100%. Get well soon and get back to fishing as soon as you can!

I wont be contributing much more for awhile . I have prostate cancer , and will be laid up for a month or two. Dr thinks its confined. Ill have more pics later on.

Dip, I am sorry to hear that bro. I wish you a speedy recovery.

You are one of my favorite contributors and I look forward to more of your pics man.

I wish I could say I caught the smallmouth on a tube , in the riffles but i tried that and no takers. Caught the fish with a Carolina rig , gob of worm and a Speedo bead.

bones039.jpg

One of my favorite's for river smallies is using light spinning gear and nightcrawlers. Just a hook and maybe a small split shot if needed, I cast out above areas I want the bait to drift into and maintain just enough tension to keep in contact with the bait. Sometimes I get a surprise with a channel cat, a drum, or a small gar, but most times, if there's smallies in there, they will nail it quickly.

Good luck with your illness. I hope you have a speedy recovery. :thumbup:

Dipbait, sorry to hear about your health issue. Hopefully all will be well before long. Smoke and prayers.

Get well soon Dipbait, then back on the water and postin' fish pics!

Bruce

Dipbait, kick that cancer in the ass. Glad to hear it's isolate.
Wishing you a speedy treatment and recovery from Tennessee.

sorry to hear that. wishing you a speedy recovery.. glad they got it early.. keep us posted. you can still contribute with your funny replies:thumbup::)

Back