2011 fish pic thread

Haha! I like the Audubon sign.Plowing sand off the highway is unreal. Glad you were able to fish some, Hung.

Travis, that looks like a fun place to explore and fish. Like the wheels on the yak.

Thanks, it's an amazing place. I'm very fortunate to have a house on the island to visit during the summer. I usually take 2 weeks off the weekend of the 4th of July to enjoy some island time.

Nice fish for creeks.
That creek suprises me occasionally. I haven't caught 10 largemouth out of there all year, and they were pathetic. Smallmouth are dug in everywhere it seems. Caught this one a few weeks back. Check out that warpaint.
IMG_1934-1.jpg

When you can find the walleye anything 3 or under is a dime a dozen. 2 nights ago I hooked into this guy around midnight. He went for an X rap on a fast twitch retrieve. My third on that lure well over 5lbs. They are the reason I can't leave that creek alone.
IMG_3946-1.jpg

Do you catch the walleye often at night?
Not always. I caught this one this afternoon. He was flirting with 4 pounds. The majority of my weekday fishing is at night because the day isn't long enough... I do fairly well after dark though, just not on soft plastics. Gotta switch to a crank bait and bang 'em on the dome LOL. That always seems to "entice" a strike.
IMG_0260.jpg

Caught a few black drum and some blue crabs before the rain moved in this afternoon. Hard to believe its December, wore shorts and a tee shirt all day today.
d5a09eb5.jpg

Caught a few black drum and some blue crabs before the rain moved in this afternoon. Hard to believe its December, wore shorts and a tee shirt all day today.
d5a09eb5.jpg

nice.. we caught a mess of those on the OBX back in last Oct / early Nov.

2011 is almost over. Whoever catches the first fish of 2012, start a new thread.

I miss fishing so much already, only thing you can really fish here at this time of yr is steelhead. I dont care for fishing for steelhead fishing much, dont get me wrong I love the fight of the fish but its the fight with all the other assholes that your fishing shoulder to shoulder with.

Heres a steelhead I caught earlier this yr, biggest one I ever caught. In the picture I wasnt holding the fish out towards the camera either. I have some of the nicest steelhead creeks in my backyard literally.

steelhead.jpg

Back