2011 fish pic thread

It was 80 degrees today with sustained winds of 30 mph. I went to the mississippi below the dam and caught a couple of largemouths. That is all.

10-24-11008.jpg

nice weather Dane!

we are headed to the Outer Banks of NC this Friday. My dad is staying the week along with my uncles and their buddies. Ill be coming back on Tues. Hope to post some pics then. The Blues, Puffers, Trout, Mullet, Flounder and others are biting pretty good right now according to the reports. however a cold front with a dirty N wind is coming this weekend. crossing my fingers.

Cant wait to see some pics.

bad cold front coming through this weekend. its going to hurt the fishing.we fish sun up to sun down and there will be over 20 rods in the water. someone will catch something other than a good buzz and possibly a cold lol...

Fishing season is winding down. This is suppose to be the last warm day so I hit an irrigation ditch. Caught 18 , three went this size. Pretty good fish for this water.

11-01-11010.jpg

Nice bass for any of the waters near me and 18 is a good day of just plain fishing!!!

It was a weird day. The fish were slamming the spinnerbait but I probably lost 6. Also landed about six on the trailer hook. I almost always use trailer hooks on spinnerbaits and buzzbaits.

Sounds like a good day Dane. Nice bass. It's been slow around here. Caught a few undersized trout last week. Gonna try it again the end of this week.

Drove out to the bay yesterday afternoon to throw the cast net around. Second throw I picked up three mullet. Didn't catch another decent sized one the rest of the afternoon. Could see them, just too deep. Maybe it was the approaching front, or something. Kinda a pathetic haul, but enough for supper. Nice to get out anyways. Besides, this thread needed bumping, the year is not over yet, fellas!

5f2cf295.jpg

Wow, don't know how I missed this thread. :confused:

Here is my dad holding a 27" Walleye he caught from a local lake back in late May. It was a little on the light side for the length at 7 pounds. The other two on the stringer we kept that night were 23" and 21". Not bad for about 5 hours working the Bomber Long A's. We also threw back a bunch in the 15" range (lake has a length requirement of 18"), and one that was about 19".

Walleye_Booty.jpg

OF, I imagine that bass was a fun catch on the fly rod.
Your pops looks like he had a blast, SpyderPhreak, nice fish!

Thanks Fishshooter! It was a good night, that one!

For bonus internetz points, who can identify the knife in my dad's pocket?

Man it's chilly! You know, I felt good about today's catch until I came in here and saw the whoppers you guys are nabbin' LOL. It dropped a good 30 degrees yesterday and daylight savings time is eating way into my casts at the sunset :grumpy: Even so I hooked one of the bigger largemouth I've ever pulled out of the creek. He was in the air most of the retrieve, which is always fun.
IMG_3888.jpg

Nabbed a couple walleye too. This one was the biggest.
IMG_3901.jpg

Nice thread!!!

A couple from the upper Mississippi at the end of October. We ended up with 31 in the boat in about 90 minutes. Blue Rat-L-Traps were HOT!!
IMAG0131.jpg

IMAG0129.jpg

IMAG0127.jpg

IMAG0125.jpg

imagejpeg_2_3.jpg

Those are Pike right? Not musky. That had to be a blast. Id like to do that some day.

So i went to the Outer Banks of NC for a few days Oct 28th - Nov 1st with my dad, uncle and their friends (12-13 of us total). They stay the whole week i was only able to stay for a few days. To keep a long story short we had some terrible weather. The wind never got below 20pmh and on some days it was gusting 35-60 mph and most of it coming from the N to NE. so it made the fishing super tough. the current was so bad that our 6oz weights would move 20ft in a matter of a few short minutes. To sove this issue we moved to the south facing part of Hatteras Island. i suppose everyone else had the same idea bc those beaches were packed. we used fresh shrimp, mullet and fresh blues as bait. we did ok considering how bad the weather was. below are some of the pics i took. the cooler of fish held black drum, whiting, puffers and some blues. we caught those in 2 hours before the wind was really kicking in. sorry about the photo quality. i was busy trying to keep my weight in the water and cutting bait.. of course drinking beer and having a good time with these great fellas.

you can see still, a lot of hurricane damage and flooding that was associated with it. there was junk lying everywhere back on the main roads. that last hurricane made another inlet on highway 12. Their fix? a make shit bridge that was unnerving to cross over.

cooler of fish
2011-10-29_15-41-24_739.jpg

all of our trucks lined up down the south facing part of Hatteras Island. the wind was at our backs. too bad not too many fish to our fronts lol

2011-10-30_11-23-45_173.jpg

more fish
2011-10-29_14-13-02_904.jpg

steve holding a black drum
2011-10-29_12-38-10_689.jpg

my uncle and the big red bus with the lighthouse in the back

2011-10-29_12-30-25_330.jpg

on the way out of the Outer Banks on highway 12. see all the sand they are scraping? thats how bad the weather was all week.
1105110927b.jpg

not sure if any of you know the latest battle on the outer banks in regards to the Audobon (bird watching conservation group) is tyring to close the beach of Hatteras Island bc of a small bird that makes its nest in the dunes (in which we do not drive on anyway). so the locals made this sign up in retaliation. lol i loved it

2011-10-31_09-28-41_270.jpg

Last edited:
Haha! I like the Audubon sign.Plowing sand off the highway is unreal. Glad you were able to fish some, Hung.

Travis, that looks like a fun place to explore and fish. Like the wheels on the yak.

Back