2011 fish pic thread

Earlier in the year off Hatteras. The bull Dolphin still is one of the largest caught all year off Hatteras - 49" and 37lbs. Good times!

5680398620_d05a4aa115_z.jpg

ahh yes HAtteras! headed there at the end of October for surf fishing. nice feesh man!

Jackstrip, those are some weird looking fish. Im gonna have to try this salt water fishing out some time.

Hey Dip, yeah Hatteras is tits when it comes to east coast salt water fishing whether it be surf or boat.

I went fishing on a charter this last Monday thru Wednesady and caught a few keepers. We went 80 mi south of Ensenada Mexico. On the Aztec Fishing Boat.

Enjoy, I did they are tasty, This is a 20lb Dorado, Aka. Mahi-Mahi, Dolphin fish, Doe-Doe ect.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is the boat winner for biggest fish and a $260 pot. A 40 lb yellow fin Tuna

Are all the dolphins covered in brown slime?

It had been the catch bag for appx. half an hour when the picture was taken and its not brown slime its old blood. These fish come out of crystal clear water and are a neon green and yellow color. After they die they loose there color and wash out quickly.

Neon is right. They look like they would glow in the dark when they are brought to the boat. Nice catch. What did you catch them on? What else was caught?

Matt

The doe-doe was the only one caught on the boat. 8 yellow fin tuna and 136 yellow tail. they were all caught on mainly sardines and mackrel. Some guys were using jigs but the bite was slow.

Here atre a few from today. Lake Hodges, San Diego Ca. cought on a brown trout count down and one cought on a blue gill swim bait

This one was cought on the CD, 9.11 lbs

This one was cought on a swim bait, 10.6lbs

Wow! 20 lbs of bass in two fish. Lake Hodges has some monsters in it.

yeah Cali and Texas and sometimes Alabama have the largest bass in the union. they have longer feeding season than we do in the midwest and south-east.. some jealousy but not much lol. last year i busted 9.35lbs Bass. by far my largest bass to date. i cant take away from his 20 lbs in 2 fish but i will say that its more common there than it is here... either way damn fine bass there.. huge!

Here atre a few from today. Lake Hodges, San Diego Ca. cought on a brown trout count down and one cought on a blue gill swim bait

Nice Bass!!! I wasted 6 years fishing in the ocean out there and only after moving to Colorado did I find out what amazing bass fishing I missed out on.

My biggest bass this year...5.5 lbs. Not too bad for CO.

7211Bassedit.jpg

Went to the big river below the dam hoping to catch some walleye. Zeroed. Did catch some skipjacks and white bass. Had to work hard to catch them. Jigged Sassy Shads along the rock in the fast current and lost a bunch of them. It was better than nothing.

9-30-2011-2011004.jpg

9-30-2011-2011012.jpg

Went to the big river below the dam hoping to catch some walleye. Zeroed. Did catch some skipjacks and white bass. Had to work hard to catch them. Jigged Sassy Shads along the rock in the fast current and lost a bunch of them. It was better than nothing.

9-30-2011-2011004.jpg

9-30-2011-2011012.jpg

you are a fishin' fool! good job on working the current. just by looking at the pics i know that had to be hard. i used to fish below a large dam but its shallow with large rocks. slammed the boat up against a few and got timid after that. never been back. congrats big guy.

I went fishing on a charter this last Monday thru Wednesady and caught a few keepers. We went 80 mi south of Ensenada Mexico. On the Aztec Fishing Boat.

Enjoy, I did they are tasty, This is a 20lb Dorado, Aka. Mahi-Mahi, Dolphin fish, Doe-Doe ect.

This is the boat winner for biggest fish and a $260 pot. A 40 lb yellow fin Tuna

That's some damn fine eating you got there! How'd you cook it? I'd have grilled some of that Mahi and blackened some of that tuna and loved life for a bit.

I split the tuna with a couple of other guys. I gave some away and I make some for the family. I made a marinade and baked the mahi-mahi and served it with rice. I canned some and smoked some. Its all gone but I had a great time doing it. It was good

I am originally from Escondido and last time I was there Hodges had just about dried up to nothing. I remember when it was way on the east side of I-15. Nice to see there are still some big fish in there. How are the water levels now? I haven't been back in several years.

It was 80 degrees today with sustained winds of 30 mph. I went to the mississippi below the dam and caught a couple of largemouths. That is all.

10-24-11008.jpg

Back