2012 Buck 124?

Yep, they are so cool, a real "stud" of a knife. I can't get enough of fondling mine. As I suspected, mine showed up today. Still no paperwork of any kind in the box, not even a warranty card. I wonder if that's by design or an oversight?

The box end has '0124BKSLE-B', UPC barcode with '0 33753 11541 7' below, & 'MADE IN USA' top down on the LH column; 'FRONTIERSMAN', CAT 3998, & '04/09/12' top down on the RH column. The California cancer hazard warning label was stuck on the bottom of the box. As said - no writing of any kind, card or sheet, was found in the two piece black LE box... just one heck of a neat knife and and a black leather sheath, with '124' imprinted on the back and the anvil and 'Buck' on the front. No country of origin tag on the sheath.

Stainz

No paperwork, just the sheath and some of the Styrofoam wrap Buck uses wrapped around the guard + the black box.

Mine was waiting for me when I got home from work this evening and it's exactly like yours. I'm very pleased!!

Two from Peru, Indiana arrived today. Both perfect on all fronts and each had warranty card with the message from the Buck family on the reverse. Roll over Jim Bowie.

Black LE box mfg date for both is 5-22-2012.

Two from Peru, Indiana arrived today. Both perfect on all fronts and each had warranty card with the message from the Buck family on the reverse. Roll over Jim Bowie.

Black LE box mfg date for both is 5-22-2012.

Got mine from the same place with same mfg date. Just found the card in the box, it was upright against one of the ends. Was comparing it to my burgundy micarta 124. If you match up them up side by side at the guards the new 124 has the same length blade but a longer and thicker handle. The guards are a little different too. The clip portion of the new one is shorter and the ricasso is a different length. Of course the older model has the lanyard hole which the new one does not. Sheath wise the one for my old 124 seems a good bit stiffer but the new one is thicker. Overall I really like this new Frontiersman.

I actually like the feel of the new one just a little bit better. More hand filling

Buck124FrontiersmanHeritage2012009.jpg

Buck124FrontiersmanHeritage2012011.jpg

There is no feeling like that from having a capable weapon in your hand. It feels right.

You are not going to find me using the word "perfect" often when refering to production knives. No you are not. Production knives are made within a range, bell-shaped curve, of quality. Not these. Not in my direct personal experience with this Legacy 2012 Frontiersman so far. I have four now and each is perfect on all fronts. Perfect. Not real good. Perfect.

Be Jim Bowie.

Release your inner Frontiersman.

Experience knife nirvana.

History tells me that Jim Bowie's knife slipped from the record books during the Alamo. It could have been burned along with the bodies of the Texan warriors. It could have been picked up by anyone. It is lost. But this Buck 124 is available and there is one for you now.

The Buck Factory Store cld and they are sending a warranty/greeting card to replace the missing one from the LE Black box for the Frontiersman. Now that is terrific customer service. Thank you kindly Buck.

BTW: GPknives has two 124s, not posted on their site yet.

Apparently Buck is not close to meeting the demand from their retailers.

I talked to them yesterday and they said it would be at least 60 days on my 124.

So, the Wolf Spirit Bowie is now on the way and the wait is still on for the 124.

I'm in no rush and I really doubt that the 124 will actually take that long to show up.

:)

YES!!!!

I was right. Took less than 30 days instead of more than 60 and yes, I have it by my side right now.

Yep, it's one big hunk of steel.

And the direct from Buck price is the best part.

:)

Oh yeah, no paperwork with this one either.

Last edited:
I hope to see pics. You are so good with photography and astute observation. Email inbound.

I notice that even KnifeCenter has them in stock now so production appears to be catching up with demand. I hope that everyone who wants one has a crack at it.

Last edited:
My two came in this morning. Date on boxes are 6/15/2012 with warranty cards. Beautiful knives.

I've picked up a couple of these. In my opinion these are one of the nicest knives Buck has released in a while. I'm very impressed with them.

Tom

These have been so well received the CS should consider different variations. A little ironwood, maybe some horn?

These have been so well received the CS should consider different variations. A little ironwood, maybe some horn?

To be honest, I think they should be on the website under the custom knives so you can add the choice of handle and sheath, and order at will. The knife would stay the same but if they could do a s30v version of the blade that would be ok too.. Hey Buck think about it! and just imagine getting a custom 110 along side of a custom 124.

Back