2012 HTM Forum Gunhammer: *Commitment/Sign-up* thread

In all seriousness, I'm just waiting on neuron to lock it down (IE: close the thread). Then I'll discuss stuff with Darrel regarding payment and all that stuff.

For neuron: you should have another list of everyone's names along with what knife configuration they want and what numbers they want, and a tally of each config. It'll make things easier for Darrel.

Fellas, if you haven't put in what you want for blade shape, deployment option, you probably should do that now, to make it easier for neuron to organize.
I'm planning to have everyone email me with their blade shape/configuration choices so that I have all of the replies consolidated in one place. That'll also allow people to provide me with some basic contact info that they wouldn't want to post on the open forum -- real name, phone number, and email address -- so that when I pass the info along to HTM they actually have some useful info for matching people with their orders and contacting them if need be.

Hey guys. Had a real life talk with the wife and I'm gonna have to back out before we start doing deposits and what not. I'm still gonna get a gun hammer, but just a production at this point. Thanks tho!!
Okay, no worries. I've removed you from the list. :)

Can we call it at 30? Puhleeese? :D
Haha, I'm actually in the process of sending PMs/emails to people who expressed strong interest in the project on the original discussion thread but haven't signed up yet. The HTM subforum isn't a regular BladeForums stop for some people, so I wanted to give those who had expressed an interest but perhaps hadn't seen the sign-up thread one last chance to get in on this before closing it up.

Last edited:
I'm planning to have everyone email me with their blade shape/configuration choices so that I have all of the replies consolidated in one place. That'll also allow people to provide me with some basic contact info that they wouldn't want to post on the open forum -- real name, phone number, and email address -- so that when I pass the info along to HTM they actually have some useful info for matching people with their orders and contacting them if need be.

Okay, no worries. I've removed you from the list. :)

Hey Neuron, sent you a PM with my Info. Delete my first message, I'm going to redo it to include additional info.

Haha, I'm actually in the process of sending PMs/emails to people who expressed strong interest in the project on the original discussion thread but haven't signed up yet. The HTM subforum isn't a regular BladeForums stop for some people, so I wanted to give those who had expressed an interest but perhaps hadn't seen the sign-up thread one last chance to get in on this before closing it up.

Man neuron, you are really on the ball.

Neuron, please sign me up for a second blade. Please make both:

-Torpedo Blade
-Maxx Glide UN-assisted

Thanks bud!!

Neuron, please sign me up for a second blade. Please make both:

-Torpedo Blade
-Maxx Glide UN-assisted

Thanks bud!!
Done!

It's all coming to fruition now! It's alive!

Any idea what Rc our S90V is gonna be run at?

Regarding the hardness on the S90V, I'm not sure. Darrel's HT of S90V is supposed to be excellent, so I'm not too worried. I'm guessing the hardness will be 59-60 HRC, which is typical for S90V. RevDevil and I actually had an exchange via PM yesterday about this very same thing, and at his suggestion I'm going to pester Darrel to run the S90V a bit harder, in the 60-61 HRC range. Not sure if it'll happen, but it's worth a shot and would make the knife that much more special and high-performance.

If a target is set for 60RC that thing will slice like lazer for quite long, long time. A friend on the boards here with tons of experience with S90V and the knifemakers that use it often, suggested it be cryo treated.

Last edited:
Confession time. I went for the torpedo.

Okay, here is why. I browsed through my modest collection and noticed that I actually have more recurves than not. The other thing I noticed it that I plan on getting a diamond plate, either an Atoma 140, or a DMT 2" wide XC/C (for my Edge Pro). Both of those are 2" wide and S90V + Recurve= lot's of time with my SiC stones to sharpen. Not that it will ever get dull, but I am talking about tiny chips and whatnot.

Did I make a mistake?

P.S. I am the guy who sits in the drive through going, "uhhhhhhhh, how about a uhhhhhhhh, hmm uhhhhhhhh." I am super indecisive.

Last edited:
Back