2012 HTM Forum Gunhammer: *Commitment/Sign-up* thread

Discussion in 'Darrel Ralph (DDR) Custom Knives & DRT Tactical' started by neuron, Jul 11, 2012.

1. crimsonfalcon07

crimsonfalcon07

Dec 27, 2010
    There will be pictures in a few months, I'm sure :) Are we done yet? Can we confirm we're doing a run of 35?

2. neuron

neuron Moderator Moderator

Apr 18, 2010
    The list is now officially closed!

3. Ray Allen

Ray Allen

Nov 11, 2006
    35 on the button??? Maybe it's a sign...

4. crimsonfalcon07

crimsonfalcon07

Dec 27, 2010
    So... When and how do we pay?

5. cuttysark1000

cuttysark1000

Nov 5, 2005
    So, what is the next step in this great adventure? How many times have a group of forum members designed a semi-custom knife? This is just the coolest thing. If we could post pictures of the knives at each step of manufacture, that would be great. Perhaps Darrel could use the photo sequence on the HTM web site - I don't know of any other manufacturer site with a photo sequence of knives in progress. On the other hand, this might give out too many trade secrets. I think it would ease the buyer's anxiety to see blade blanks, ground blades, scale blanks, machined scales and final assembly. This is a rare opportunity, so I think we need to make the most out of it. :D

6. NM08SRT8

NM08SRT8

Dec 11, 2011
    You know what would be sick?? Showing a video from start to finish on how the knife was made, and in the video, show the serial number for the specific owners video, being etched into the blade.

7. TriviaMonster

TriviaMonster

Jan 2, 2012
    Really excited guys!

Come to papa S90V.

8. bigjuice

bigjuice

May 8, 2004
    I am pumped about this one. I have bought 3 other knives this week in my excitement!:D better chill out or the boss will use one of them on me!

Just lemme know how to proceed with downpayment.

9. Cuttysark

Cuttysark

Mar 11, 2012
    WooHoo! The suspense is building. We need details. Lots of facts. I support the suggestion of a video. I may get the old Bali-Song out just to get used to the feel of S90v cutting everything in its path. Mainly fingers. I'm ready - lets give it a go.

10. crimsonfalcon07

crimsonfalcon07

Dec 27, 2010
    Yep, can't wait to get this knife. I've tried calling HTM a couple times to put in a payment, but keep getting voicemail. I guess I'll just wait.

11. neuron

Apr 18, 2010
    Sorry about the delay in getting payment info and such posted -- I've been really busy with other things the past few days. But I'll be giving Darrel a call on Monday to get all of that worked out and will post details here.

I like the suggestion of seeing work in progress pictures. Darrel already does some of that with his DDR knives (full customs) in the "Hot Off the Bench" thread that's stickied at the top of the forum. But he'd probably be willing to do it with this knife as well even though it's a mid-tech. I agree that it'd be very cool to see this knife's journey all the way from the design stage -- which took place through forum discussion -- through the production stage.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  12. TriviaMonster

TriviaMonster

Jan 2, 2012
    I don't care either way about the progress pictures. I just want him to do his thing with no pressure. I like WIP's as much as the next guy, though.

13. crimsonfalcon07

crimsonfalcon07

Dec 27, 2010
    Agree all the way on every detail with this. Darrel's a busy guy, so I don't want him to have any extra pressure. But WIP's are cool.

14. Scurvy092

Scurvy092

Jan 31, 2012
    I have a question.

Is there any way we can get them without thumb studs?

Considering they are flipper knives , I WOULD LOVE to see them without thumb studs. It looks like they also function as blade stops but the auto GHs don't have them and I think it looks much cleaner.

15. TriviaMonster

TriviaMonster

Jan 2, 2012
    You make an interesting point. I don't care for studs if it has the flipper, but we may get the universal "save it for a custom" response. I am easy to please and like the knife either way, but I will admit to the autos being very sleek looking without the studs.

Good question scurvy, let's see where this goes. I imagine Hark or Neuron will chime in soon.

16. Scurvy092

Scurvy092

Jan 31, 2012
    Sexy thumbstudless GH for people to see what I'm lusting over:

[​IMG]

17. neuron

Apr 18, 2010
    Haha, you guys are relentless. ;)

Like TM said, though, that's the sort of special request -- altering a basic mechanical feature of the knife's design (what serves as the blade stop on the non-auto HTM GHs) -- that Darrel might be able to accommodate on a full custom, but not a HTM knife.

18. Darrel Ralph

Darrel Ralph Moderator Moderator

Dec 14, 1998
    We be in contact soon to get this in stone.

DDR.

19. NM08SRT8

NM08SRT8

Dec 11, 2011
    Good news. Thank you!

20. TriviaMonster

TriviaMonster

Jan 2, 2012
    Oh man. Thanks for chiming in. There is definitely a lot of excitement surrounding this knife.

We look forward to getting all the details worked out, and thank you to DDR, Neuron and Hark for doing all of this.