2012 HTM Forum Gunhammer: *Commitment/Sign-up* thread

I took a chill pill myself, I was worried for a bit that we might wind up with a shiny forum knife. :thumbup: Thanks for clearing that up Neuron

Settle down... sowing enmity... ...the rougher blasted surface helps make them less slippery and gives the final, anodized handles a matte look....

:thumbup:

P.S. Sowing enmity, never. Sowing wild oats.....?

What y'all are missing is that green ano IS possible. So for those saying that it's not, it clearly is. More, the Type III ano is inherently darker. Which means that it would actually be very difficult to get shiny green, but that a normal green anodizing job would come out dark green from the Type III process.

What y'all are missing is that green ano IS possible. So for those saying that it's not, it clearly is. More, the Type III ano is inherently darker. Which means that it would actually be very difficult to get shiny green, but that a normal green anodizing job would come out dark green from the Type III process.

We were told we would not be getting the Type III. We were told we'd have to settle for the Type II if the handle was to be green.

Which is odd, because there seem to be several anodizers that do Type III green ano. Since the one guy isn't panning out, it looks like our options should open up a bit. Anyways, if Darrel wants something to try, I'd say do a standard green in Type III. (because that should end up dark green).

Last edited:
No + to Jwolf now! :thumbup: Man I didn't think id be waiting a year for this?! :)

Last edited:
These recent Flat Dark Earth handles look nice:
MFDRGHTEHAO[medium].jpg

MFDRGHREHAO[medium].jpg

Sorry Mctrinker not a fan of that color. Id love to have black or dark gray should the "dark" green doesn't pan out! Just please no Christmas green!

Geez guys, when I signed up, the delivery date was going to be April 2013 for a green handled GH. If the majority wanted a green handled knife, you may have a big problem loosing a lot of orders if they are NOT green!

There are a few here who are outspoken and impatient! I'm pretty sure if Darrel didn't think he could get this color done, he would have said so already, in fact at this point it would probably be easier for him to say "fuck the green, grey would be way easier for me!" But he hasn't gone that route, and personally I think Darrel probably has more experience in this area than most (if not all) of us.

I'm not totally opposed to changing color IF Darrel comes forward and says the majority vote green is NOT doable. IF that happens, i don't even think we need to open up any conversations about a new color, we just go to the 2nd place color from the vote.

There is a lot of speculation and sky is falling attitude going on here, and most is totally unsubstantiated. We put our trust in Darrel/HTM and I think we should hold that trust until its proven that the original plan isn't possible.

It's Christmas guys, enjoy and let Darrel do the worrying, that's why we're hired him!!

Geez guys, when I signed up, the delivery date was going to be April 2013 for a green handled GH. If the majority wanted a green handled knife, you may have a big problem loosing a lot of orders if they are NOT green!

There are a few here who are outspoken and impatient! I'm pretty sure if Darrel didn't think he could get this color done, he would have said so already, in fact at this point it would probably be easier for him to say "fuck the green, grey would be way easier for me!" But he hasn't gone that route, and personally I think Darrel probably has more experience in this area than most (if not all) of us.

I'm not totally opposed to changing color IF Darrel comes forward and says the majority vote green is NOT doable. IF that happens, i don't even think we need to open up any conversations about a new color, we just go to the 2nd place color from the vote.

There is a lot of speculation and sky is falling attitude going on here, and most is totally unsubstantiated. We put our trust in Darrel/HTM and I think we should hold that trust until its proven that the original plan isn't possible.

It's Christmas guys, enjoy and let Darrel do the worrying, that's why we're hired him!!

+1!!!

I don't even have an order in for one of these forum gunhammers, but I have been following the thread simply because it is a really nice blade and i'm interested in seeing how it turns out. However, witnessing some of the commentary sure has turned me away from wanting to participate in a forum knife in the future. I'd much rather wait a year and have a quality knife, with a handle that differentiates it from a standard HTM than hustle out something with a production handle just so you can have it in your hands. Patience, grasshoppers.

Many people are concerned about the viability of the color ever being actualized. No one wants this:

GreenmanCostumeWeb.jpg

+1!!!

I don't even have an order in for one of these forum gunhammers, but I have been following the thread simply because it is a really nice blade and i'm interested in seeing how it turns out. However, witnessing some of the commentary sure has turned me away from wanting to participate in a forum knife in the future. I'd much rather wait a year and have a quality knife, with a handle that differentiates it from a standard HTM than hustle out something with a production handle just so you can have it in your hands. Patience, grasshoppers.
I agree 100% with Moleng and dishcore here.

The impatience and baseless worrying of a small handful of people are making this process a lot more unpleasant and adversarial than it needs to be, both for me/Darrel and for others, such as dishcore, who ordered the knife and have been following along on the thread. The timeline all along has been 6 months from the time the order list closed on October 1, putting us at an expected delivery date of April 2013. Darrel is well on track to meet that, even with the additional time involved in checking with more anodizers, getting some samples done, etc. This is part of making every effort to try to deliver the knife that everyone signed up for, including the dark green handles. Darrel and HTM are not going to change the handle color simply because a few especially vocal people are impatient and want their knife a little sooner, just like they aren't going to give you a light green handle color.

Since apparently it didn't take the first time, I'll say it again: CALM DOWN, GUYS.

:thumbup:Just to be clear I want the Dark Green, I know in a few of my other posts it may have seemed like I wasn't for the green but thats not the case at all, I'm just kinda bi-polar and OCD sometimes so I do apoligize. I too would rather wait so we can all get what we ordered and all be happy. I apoligize if some of my other posts came off that way. I know no matter how long we wait the end result will be worth it so no rush and hope you all have a Merry Christmas:)

Last edited:
I agree 100% with Moleng and dishcore here.

The impatience and baseless worrying of a small handful of people are making this process a lot more unpleasant and adversarial than it needs to be, both for me/Darrel and for others, such as dishcore, who ordered the knife and have been following along on the thread. The timeline all along has been 6 months from the time the order list closed on October 1, putting us at an expected delivery date of April 2013. Darrel is well on track to meet that, even with the additional time involved in checking with more anodizers, getting some samples done, etc. This is part of making every effort to try to deliver the knife that everyone signed up for, including the dark green handles. Darrel and HTM are not going to change the handle color simply because a few especially vocal people are impatient and want their knife a little sooner, just like they aren't going to give you a light green handle color.

Since apparently it didn't take the first time, I'll say it again: CALM DOWN, GUYS.

+1

Though I don't even think you could call it a small handful.

Less than 5 people have made this very unpleasant and combined with the acrimony over the Blade Forums Skyline, I honestly wouldn't blame anyone for not organizing any type of group buy on here ever again.

It's always a few complainers that ruin it for everyone.

I too am looking forward to this project reaching its completion, but don't really care if it's green or dark gray. just want a good finish on the handles and no quality issues. That being said I just could not wait for one so called the factory and talked to Lacy, she is getting me a new one shipped today in S35v steel, max glide, torpedo blade. Got to see what the fuss is all about and make the wait for the superior steel less of an issue.

Back