2013 fish pic thread

Wow! Nice fish Ivan, I haven't had the privilege of salmon fishing. Where did you pick that one up?

Off the Columbia River in SE Washington State Hanford Reach area

[video=youtube;S9DVr6zO5tg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9DVr6zO5tg[/video]

Last edited:
A few from my annual trip to salmon river, Pulaski, NY. We caught Steel head, Coho & King all day everyday. I was there for 6 days and caught well over 100 fish, amazing fishing trip.
Nice rack of Cohie and Steel head

Even caught one salmon that still had a lamprey attached to him, needless to say a flick of the wrist and my J. Doyle B&T almost took his head clean off. The coloring on this nasty thing was incredible though, like a living digi-camo... the pictures don't do it justice.

Can't say enough good stuff about this knife, it slice and diced fish, line and pulled food prep duty all week long and the edge was still sharpen enough to shave hair at the end of the week.

Check out those chompers.

Last edited:
My 9 year old hooked and landed this guy and several others all by himself earlier this month.

Duncan_Fish_1013_zps8d6937c0.jpg

Thanks, I put 70-80lbs in the deep freeze about half salmon and half trout. Did you smoke that salmon yourself? I'm almost done building a fridge smoker and planned to do some of the fish when I'm done. Any tips or advice?

Yes I used a little chief smoker im learing too and watched this for some good info

[video=youtube;mkKKEBOv1wY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkKKEBOv1wY[/video]

Here is a 45 lb King I caught from shore on the sacramento river last week. My best so far. It weighed 45 pounds, was 45" long and had a girth of 27" and its tail was 11" at the widest point.

My brother in law filmed these Brook Trout this last weekend.
It's a pretty cool video.

[video=youtube;dkc52LHh4Rg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkc52LHh4Rg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

sorry I havent commented on the above video and pics. I saw them , just did not comment. Really nice fish. Id love to go trout fishing up north some day. They are beautiful fish.

Wow - I'd have expected them to really spook with a GoPro in the water. They seem to bolt at the first sign of fly line above them, but a camera next to them is just another water feature. Funny old fish.

Dipbait, you better be sorry! Ha, kidding. If you ever make your way up to Canada I would love to take you out for some fishing, but you will probably wanna go even further North...that's always the goal
Joe and Liam, they are only concentrated populations like this when going through the spawning motions...wont bite a thing but don't seem to mind the camera. The shelves off the bank produce but never seen those numbers before... Hopefully I can catch a couple coming off the spawn looking for some grub but with the same colours. I am off for a four day trip tomorrow so hopefully I will get something but either way I know it will be great!
Keep the fish pics coming, great stuff out there

Mine was rather dull in color. The bright ones look like this:

goldentrout-blair-X3.jpg

My friend caught a few like this, but I only caught the one posted earlier.

Had a few hits on a topwater minnow at the lake today, but nothing of note, until I switched to the fly rod and a golden wooly bugger fly. Trout! About 5-6lbs, and a fun fight.

1452583_10201725589553936_1840407963_n.jpg

My son went out today for some Pike on the Fly, but all the back waters are froze. Time for the change over to hard water gear!

Back