2013 fish pic thread

Nice bluegill. I went fishing a few times in the last two weeks....tons of bluegills and white perch. I also caught a few small fish in the over flow from a lake into salt water - brackish water ( where I got the white perch) but I don't know what they were...some said they are called "spots" and others "grunts" but I googled them and they look different...Wish I took a picture.....

Tom, Kingfish?

Got this one Saturday morning.
Made my day.
Sorry for the poor phone photo...

bass.2.jpgJust found this thread and I'll add my 11 year old son's catch to the mix. We didn't have a scale to weigh it but this was the largest bass I have ever seen in person. He caught it 100% by himself with an earthworm and bobber in about 2' of water in a creek. Bull Run Creek in Hemlock Overlook, for any Northern Va. locals.... That's my brother in law in the pic with him. I think he and I were more tickled than my son was....and I told my son that it may be a looooong time before he catches another one that size.
bass.1.jpg

I just looked at King fish and that s not it either....The ones I got were about 6 to 8 " and had several stripes. I will try to take a picture next time. this was in the Wantagh Mill Pond that flows into the bay. They were caught in brackish water.

I just looked at King fish and that s not it either....The ones I got were about 6 to 8 " and had several stripes. I will try to take a picture next time. this was in the Wantagh Mill Pond that flows into the bay. They were caught in brackish water.

Would they be bunker or shad by any chance tom?

View attachment 378739Just found this thread and I'll add my 11 year old son's catch to the mix. We didn't have a scale to weigh it but this was the largest bass I have ever seen in person. He caught it 100% by himself with an earthworm and bobber in about 2' of water in a creek. Bull Run Creek in Hemlock Overlook, for any Northern Va. locals.... That's my brother in law in the pic with him. I think he and I were more tickled than my son was....and I told my son that it may be a looooong time before he catches another one that size.
View attachment 378738

Congrats to your boy! That's a horse! :thumbup: :thumbup:

They look very close to Bunker but off a bit. They had more stripes and a different mouth structure.....

Not a Triggerfish either...I have caught runs of them twice in the spill way..I will try this weekend and take a picture...I was getting a lot of white perch and bluegills ( that fell into the spill way so I released on the lake side), and a run of these....

My wife and I had a great time coho fishing out of Port Renfrew, Vancouver Island last Saturday. We were on our 20th anniversary trip. Also picked up a couple decent halibut that day.

Nice! Looks like you need to start using a different bait though. Is it legal there to bait a flyrod with rats? Bet it makes the line cast funny!

deer_hair_mouse.jpg

Nice!!, that's close to the one in the 4th picture down, I've seen the mouse flys but never had a chance/reason to use one. Surprised how big the ones you found in their guts were, the brown trout around here a notoriously finicky.

Go at night Joe. Finicky goes away, and the big fish are in the shallows feedin. Also, use a dark color at night.
Nice!!, that's close to the one in the 4th picture down, I've seen the mouse flys but never had a chance/reason to use one. Surprised how big the ones you found in their guts were, the brown trout around here a notoriously finicky.

The 30th, today is actually the last day for inland water trout in Wisconsin, so I had to go out tonight for the last Hoorah! It paid off.
Both fish are males.:thumbup:

The "small" one is 16 1/2"

:D It is almost unfair the way these fish have been taking this pattern.
Nice! Looks like you need to start using a different bait though. Is it legal there to bait a flyrod with rats? Bet it makes the line cast funny!

Nice browns!
I'm pretty big into mousin over here in Mich. The mouse "fly" drives the browns nuts, makes for a great night-time experience!

Had a good day fishing today. Caught these in lily pads in about 2 feet of water.

needless to say I need a new frog lure. The paint on the lure is all messed up from the bass's teeth.

The paint is gone on your lure?
Shoot, that gives it the mojo :D

Back